Sign in to follow this  
SSTEEL

How do you adjust the slide lock on Sub Bracelet?

SSTEEL

I did search, but nothing came up for slide lock bracelet.

How does one adjust it?

Thanks in advance.

LightGeek

Is it that one you posted in my thread? If so, don't bother. Just send it to me and I'll shoot an Oyster flip lock to trade :)

SSTEEL

LOL, nope ;)

Xebryus

Ask Rolex Rudy. He started a 6+ thread on this

SSTEEL

I guess I should refine my search to include Glidelock, not slide lock. My bad, sorry, mods please delete.

SSTEEL

Cheers :)

SSTEEL

Nope, even after watching that I can't do it :(

SSTEEL

Cheers X, will take a look, I think in my case it's the being afraid of being too hard on it, and breaking it. Will check out that thread, thanks a ton :)

SSTEEL

Brilliant, done it now, just needed some force, this photo helped me posted by HeavyKruch

6c2f0e65005a74d13fc699876e7ef8d5_zpscf2acfc0.jpg

SSTEEL

Shit, just realised it won't now click back in, and slides out to its widest position. :(

SSTEEL

Yup, looks like its fubar now :(

SSTEEL

So where have I gone wrong? Any idea on a fix, or is it for the trash?

SSTEEL

Looking at the mechanism where the glidelock clips home, there appears to be two very small ball bearings, which in mine, are not springing out to secure the clicking back into position.

Just about to try some WD40.

SSTEEL

Wil take a look at that in a sec. I can't fix this glidelock, so asked Andrew for a replacement. So in the meantime, had to remove a link as it was wearing far too loose for my liking.

HeavyKrush

Sorry S, should have posted a disclaimer on that diagram mate!

SSTEEL

Its ok, it's not your fault, obviously the very small ball bearings have failed in mine, and not springing back once I click into place, thus allowing the bracelet to self adjust.

Andrew has replied to my email, asking if just a replacement clasp would be ok, but looking at it, the actual fault lyes in the part of the bracelet itself, this is where the ball bearings are.

LightGeek

Unscrew the screw in the mechanism closest to the clasp slightly. It will serve to keep the clasp from flipping up too easily.

SSTEEL

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't want to do something like that, I hate to bodge anything, if something needs replacing, then thats the way forward, not some half halved bodge fix mate. Just me, and my QCD really, but maybe not, its broke, and it needs replacing.

joetwa

one thing i found with the rolex sub rep slidelocks is that the screws in this whole area tend to be very loose on shipping, and if you dont tighten them, over time they muck up how it functions

SSTEEL

I noticed this too, so after cleaning the bracelet, rinsing it, drying it, and refitting it, I tightened them up, but sadly none of this fixed the issue, so waiting on Andrew now, hopefully he will send a replacement bracelet.

LightGeek
Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't want to do something like that, I hate to bodge anything, if something needs replacing, then thats the way forward, not some half halved bodge fix mate. Just me, and my QCD really, but maybe not, its broke, and it needs replacing.

Well if Andrew is going to fix it go for it. Else I find that workaround is good.