Flickr photo:

3158890728_213a67de67_o.jpg

I guess I'm switching to Flickr

Edited by AllergyDoc

greg_r
DS%20GMT%20II%20C%20005.jpg

DS%20GMT%20II%20C%20006.jpg

DS%20GMT%20II%20C%20009.jpg

I put the pics in again and they still don't show. The links work on RG and RWI.

RG and RWI use different board software. Unfortunately, iPB doesn't like URLs with lots of "%20" (faux spaces) in them. It does depend on the configuration of the server hosting the remote image, however.

Sorry - not much I can do about that one - the only fix is to remove the spaces from the file name (as a general rule correct syntax is to use underline chars instead of spaces in URLs)

AllergyDoc

The pictures at the beginning of the thread come from the same host, Imagecave. Why do they show?

KBH

Here you go Doc. I stole your image:

DSGMTIIC005.jpg

tenacious_b

not to steal the thread or anything, but Doc (and everyone else) what's the consensus on these asian eta clones? I have been waiting for my dealer to get us stocks of the swiss version, but my need for this watch is wearing down my patience. I might just opt for the clone, but want to know more.

oscarmadfish

lovely pic of 2 lovely watches

asian DSD is going very well never stopped yet but i use a winder and keeps very good time

greg_r
The pictures at the beginning of the thread come from the same host, Imagecave. Why do they show?

Beats the hell outta me. Links in both posts were posted correctly, but both have spaces in the file names. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't - which is why I always use underlines rather than spaces.

Like I said - for some reason, iPB sometimes has problems with multiple %20 faux spaces in URLs... Sorry - not much I can do about it, I'm afraid.

KBH
not to steal the thread or anything, but Doc (and everyone else) what's the consensus on these asian eta clones? I have been waiting for my dealer to get us stocks of the swiss version, but my need for this watch is wearing down my patience. I might just opt for the clone, but want to know more.

I've come to the conclusion that I'd rather have a new clone movement than an old, surplus, or possibly used ETA movement that seem to end up in our replicas. I have what I thought was a new ETA movement being serviced and Rex says it was old and gummed up. Also hearing rumors about how the lower quality ETA movements that don't pass QC get dumped in the GZ rep market.

AllergyDoc

Beats the hell outta me. Links in both posts were posted correctly, but both have spaces in the file names. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't - which is why I always use underlines rather than spaces.

Like I said - for some reason, iPB sometimes has problems with multiple %20 faux spaces in URLs... Sorry - not much I can do about it, I'm afraid.

Well, I'm taking Swissaddict's advice and am moving my photos to Flickr. It's not as handy as Imagecave, but the image quality is better, it's cheaper, and there are no limits to anything.

AllergyDoc

I've come to the conclusion that I'd rather have a new clone movement than an old, surplus, or possibly used ETA movement that seem to end up in our replicas. I have what I thought was a new ETA movement being serviced and Rex says it was old and gummed up. Also hearing rumors about how the lower quality ETA movements that don't pass QC get dumped in the GZ rep market.

I'm hearing this so much now that I'm being persuaded. I haven't cracked this watch open yet, but I will as it runs about 15 seconds fast. I'll take some pics.

greg_r
I'm hearing this so much now that I'm being persuaded. I haven't cracked this watch open yet, but I will as it runs about 15 seconds fast. I'll take some pics.

Yup - leaning that way myself...

greg_r
Well, I'm taking Swissaddict's advice and am moving my photos to Flickr. It's not as handy as Imagecave, but the image quality is better, it's cheaper, and there are no limits to anything.

Sounds good to me :thumbdown:

Luthier

Why not Photobucket?

Never had any problems with it.

greg_r

I've been hosting 'em myself for years....

:beer:

onzenuub

:beer:

You're hosting yourself for years????

greg_r

Every chance I get.

I was talking about photos, however.

onzenuub
Every chance I get.

I was talking about photos, however.

About yourself, jeeeeeeeeeeeeez Greg, didn't expect that from you.

alphakazi

:band:

to lazy to fire up the ftp client - takes about 30 seconds with imageshack but I suppose I should use my wasted bandwidth for something :beer:

Massimo

I was away at New Year and managed to miss this post the first time around so, at the risk of hijacking the thread back on topic, I have to say that is one fine looking watch. I was horrified when I first saw the Deep Sea but it's growing on me. Width-wise it isn't as big as I thought, but it looks very chunky. Is it comfortable to wear?

Congratulations on a good buy, Doc.

alphakazi

it'd be nice to have a fantasy deep sea with the damn words removed "ORIGINAL ESCAPE VALVE"

it's like writing 32value 8 cylinder dual overhead cam on the side of your car with 12" lettering

AllergyDoc
I was away at New Year and managed to miss this post the first time around so, at the risk of hijacking the thread back on topic, I have to say that is one fine looking watch. I was horrified when I first saw the Deep Sea but it's growing on me. Width-wise it isn't as big as I thought, but it looks very chunky. Is it comfortable to wear?

Congratulations on a good buy, Doc.

Everyone panned it when it was first announced. "It's ugly!" "I can't believe Rolex could be so stupid!" "Who would buy that?"

Now they sell like hotcakes. :beer:

But that was my reaction to the Graham. Now I love it. (If I ever get it back from Sead. :band: It seems to have gotten lost in the mail.)

It's more comfy than the Skyland and Super Avenger reps because the bracelet is better, IMO. With the micro adjustment of the divers' extension, the bracelet can be worn at precise sizes to please everyone. I haven't worn it to the office yet because I like the smaller watches that fit more comfortably under the shirt sleeve.

Massimo
Everyone panned it when it was first announced. "It's ugly!" "I can't believe Rolex could be so stupid!" "Who would buy that?"

Now they sell like hotcakes. :drunksing:

Yep, Rolex have made a smart move in the end, accommodating the trend for larger watches.

+1 for the fantasy rep with the words removed though!

greg_r

:band:

to lazy to fire up the ftp client - takes about 30 seconds with imageshack but I suppose I should use my wasted bandwidth for something :drunksing:

Takes about 30 secs with FTP too the way I have it set up :stupid:

greg_r

Now they sell like hotcakes. :drunksing:

But that was my reaction to the Graham. Now I love it. (If I ever get it back from Sead. :stupid: It seems to have gotten lost in the mail.)

Hmm - I love the DS, but that's still my reaction to the Graham - ugliest watch I've ever seen imho (but then I like the BR01 and you think that's ugly... interesting, no?)