Sign in to follow this  
DR3M3L

Sourcing parts...

DR3M3L

Hi all,

I got a broken hand of a 100 yo pocket watch. Anyone any idea where to source this kind of style hands?

ateqy9ym.jpg

And I need a new quartz movement to replace a original Baume and Mercier movement. Anyone know what movement I need, does RWG shop has the right one?

ypa2eze2.jpg

uqu5azaz.jpg

Thanks in advance,

Joran...

offshore

Can't help on the 1st item.

I am pretty sure the B & M quartz movements came from in house, so you will struggle to get them except from the local B & M parts shop.

O/S

DR3M3L
Can't help on the 1st item.

I am pretty sure the B & M quartz movements came from in house, so you will struggle to get them except from the local B & M parts shop.

O/S

Is there no asian quartz with same dimensions? I think a new B&M movement will be too expensive... Thanks for your help anyway!

offshore

You would have to try and measure some Japanese movements.

I have a number of cross reference charts but there is no mention of B & M.

O/S

Madmomo

Believe it or not the other place to get a hand for that old of a watch is the local NAWCC meeting. They usually have a mart before a program and I've seen boxes and boxes of thousands of hands thrown in for very cheap. You can usually get in a meeting as a guest once, plus its a great place to see the gen version of what we have for comparisons. Just don't wear the normal rep there, they can usually spot the one small difference and it won't win you any points as you try to negotiate on that one hand. PS: take the watch with you, they can not only properly fit a hand for you but can tell you anything you need to know about it.