Sign in to follow this  
weddan

Tips about PAM's

weddan

Hi fellow watchers,

I'm very interested in buying a PAM and this will be my first one.

I think I will go for a DLC coated one, or shouldn't I? Anyone with experience who can tell me why I should buy a normal one?

I don't know if you guys care about wristsize but i'm rocking 15,5 cm wrists should I care about this choosing the size of the watch?

If you google pvd panerai rep there is some amazing ones! Do any of you want to recommend me of thes ones you have or the ones you'd choose? Maybe even come with some recommendations about straps to look at?

And I have actually been looking on here today for like 5 hours at other threads.. Still it's so hard to choose! :)

Cheers

Confused kid

weddan

Wow thanks! That was a big great help!

Now I really think I'm interested in a Pam 112, 390, 026, 219, 176 but I want it in a black finish.. So I guess I need to find out which one is the smallest which will fit my wrist and then also I need to find out if I can get a black strap for them all..

Anyone in here who owns a 112, 390, 026, 219, 176? =) INPUT PLEASE!?!?!? ;)

This is the only page you need to read. It contains pretty much everything there is to know about PAM reps in one place

http://www.replica-w...5.html?t=107365

Edited by weddan

Wriggles

It's an amazing thread. I try to stay away from it cos every time I look I find another I want......

Most of the 44mm PAM's can be worn by almost anybody without a problem, sometimes the 47mm one's can be just a bit too big if you have a particularly narrow wrist.

Mine is 7.5inches and I find I can carry off even the 47mm cases, not sure if that helps.

Just noticed you've about 6inch wrists, might be touch and go. In your case then I'd seriously advise before any purchase to go to an AD and try on the real deal in person to be sure you're happy with one on your wrist

As for the black cases, I would not be an expert so others may have more info, but I don't think any of the cases are true DLC, but actually stainless steel with a PVD coating which scratches and comes off reasonably easy.

That may want to be considered before going for it. More details should be on the link I posted.

I'd also advise to read as many of the threads you can, and also ALL of the stickies in the New members section.

Enjoy

fellowsis

360. The only dlc you'll ever need!

weddan

062copiarcopiar.jpg

Is this just brushed? Or is this coating as well? =)

mrmarcus86
062copiarcopiar.jpg

It's brushed. But it could be a titanium case.

weddan
062copiarcopiar.jpg

Do you know if this is more durable than the black coating?

mysterio
062copiarcopiar.jpg

The PAM176 has a titanium case and it's not merely a coating. And as such it's a scratch magnet.

By the way, DLC (Diamond Like Carbon) is just a coating applied by the PVD (Physical Vapor Deposition) process. What we call PVD is the common coating that appears black in color, in comparison to the pencil lead color of DLC. I suggest you read more.

weddan
062copiarcopiar.jpg

The PAM176 has a titanium case and it's not merely a coating. And as such it's a scratch magnet.

By the way, DLC (Diamond Like Carbon) is just a coating applied by the PVD (Physical Vapor Deposition) process. What we call PVD is the common coating that appears black in color, in comparison to the pencil lead color of DLC. I suggest you read more.

Thanks for being honest and strict!

I read some at the PAM guide and I think I get the most of it but from other people the DLC version of the PAM 360 is amazing and won't scratch easily.