Sign in to follow this  
_DC_

PP Nautilus Chronograph update

_DC_

AFE0114E-BB9B-4E8B-A418-59AC66631FDF-530-000000C00AD683C8_zps990a1e50.jpg

Quick update for y'all on this beauty!

Heard back from Mary & Rochest over at WI this morning saying they can get this model, it's uncertain at the moment whether it's quartz or auto though. I'm adamant that it's quartz but Rochest thinks it should be auto. At just over $100 I'm hoping he's wrong and it's quartz, otherwise the chrono isn't gonna work and it's probably gonna be a bit pants. Anyway, I'm squeezing the trigger, Rochest is going to the market to pick one up and I'll report back with QC pics when I have them!

Into the unknown I go, wish me luck :)

DC

myaz

We're wishing plenty of luck for sure, Pioneer

bklynboy

unlikely they were able to snap this pic when the chrono seconds hand was dead top center so either its a quartz or an a7750, if you get the later for $100 tell Rochest to pick me one up too!

_DC_
unlikely they were able to snap this pic when the chrono seconds hand was dead top center so either its a quartz or an a7750, if you get the later for $100 tell Rochest to pick me one up too!

Exactly, I just hope they aren't thinking of the awful watcheden version without pushers, but Mary and Rochest are sharper than that, just worried when Rochest said he thought it should be auto when I'd say the exact opposite. Anyway, we'll see!

DC

parisianshut

Could be a faux chrono and 21j.... Even wwith the pushers

_DC_
Could be a faux chrono and 21j.... Even wwith the pushers

Well money sent now, after a little confusion over whether I was ordering or not, QC pics should be along in a few days and we'll find out exactly what this bad boy is!!

DC

powderfreak

I bet all my watches on this NOT being an A7750. Waaaaaaaay to cheap.

_DC_

Yeah no way it will be A7750, the one from kuvarsit is definitely quartz, so would think the one WI can get is quartz too in which case ill be happy to get it shipped ASAP, or if Rochest is right and it's auto then it's 21j with fake chrono in which case I'm not sure I want it. I'm hoping Rochest is wrong, he certainly wasn't sure! I'll find out once WI get it in hand and send me QC

DC

_DC_

Ok, so the latest news, it's been over a week since I paid WI, and they weren't able to tell me for sure if it was quartz or auto at the time so been waiting for QC pics to find out ever since. I chased a few days ago and still nothing, chased again today and was told they had one but it had a scratch on the case back so sent back and waiting another. Anyone else finding WI a little slow lately?!

I asked about the movement and Mary said it is auto and the dial at 6 is a seconds dial?!? This still doesn't sound right to me. I asked about the chrono and she wasn't sure, she said there are no other subdials, she thought I'd made a mistake and ordered the wrong watch, but we checked and the pics on this thread are the ones I sent her, I said "it has pushers and the dial at 6 is the chrono" but think we're just getting more confused!

I'm now wishing I'd just ordered it from Kuvarsit!!!!!

DC

parisianshut

but think we're just getting more confused!

DC

OR it is a working chrono as the gen with the subdial at 6 ... and it's fully working as gen !! ^^ no i'm just kidding at that price , it's clearly impossible !

_DC_

DC

OR it is a working chrono as the gen with the subdial at 6 ... and it's fully working as gen !! ^^ no i'm just kidding at that price , it's clearly impossible !

I don't want to mess WI about but unless it is quart I think I'm gonna have to cancel my order and get the one from Kuvarsit which is quartz. If you buy a chrono it needs to be a working one really doesnt it?

This is why I didn't want to pay until they could tell me what it was, but to source it they needed payment and I trust them so I paid!

DC

parisianshut

DC

I don't want to mess WI about but unless it is quart I think I'm gonna have to cancel my order and get the one from Kuvarsit which is quartz. If you buy a chrono it needs to be a working one really doesnt it?

This is why I didn't want to pay until they could tell me what it was, but to source it they needed payment and I trust them so I paid!

DC

i am sure if you order it , you will have no problem to sell it back to another member. seriously, i'm in.

_DC_

I know but I've already waited two weeks from when I first emailed WI just to get to this stage, I know impatience is frowned upon but I'd kinda like to just have the right watch at least in shipping on its way to me by now!

DC

Mary said she would get back to me tomorrow, so I'll wait till then and see what she says!

DC

_DC_

New update!!!!

So after waiting nearly 2 weeks for QC pics from WI, they have a watch in hand and it is deffo auto with no chrono functionality. Epic fail, quite disappointed in them really, having given them the link to the Kuvarsit website and beig told they could get it, to wait 2 weeks, pay money only I find out they can't!

Anyway, PM'd Mehmet from Kuvarsit now that they are a TD and got a swift response, he's going to check if they can get it an let me know!

This is all taking much longer than expected, if hoped to have it in transit by now and be able to review it for you guys soon but looks like it'll be a while yet still, if at all!!!

The crusade continues!!!

DC

Prancuzas

I will be following Your road to glory with this purchase!

_DC_
I will be following Your road to glory with this purchase!

Not much glory at the moment to be honest. So the WI one is a 21j Asian movement with faux chrono, waiting on QC pics to see what it looks like and make sure it's not the sh*tty WatchEden version. Got a PM back from Kuvarsit today and they can't get the quartz one anymore either, all they can get is a 21j Asian version which I'm assuming is the same one that WI can get. So sticking with WI and waiting for QC pics to finally arrive and we'll see what it looks like.

In reality I would never ever use the chronograph function even if it did work, so this doesn't bother me all that much. At least the sweep should be smooth. I just hope it looks good and isn't the crappy version I've seen before with no pushers!

DC

JasperB

I got this in quartz from MBK, I got the white face version (both were available) the dial at 6 is amazing - fully functional and if you leave the chrono alone it works as another time zone watch. I have the main dial set at Thai TIme and the subdial at GMT. The chrono sweep and sub dial hands sweep smoothly like an auto.

_DC_
I got this in quartz from MBK, I got the white face version (both were available) the dial at 6 is amazing - fully functional and if you leave the chrono alone it works as another time zone watch. I have the main dial set at Thai TIme and the subdial at GMT. The chrono sweep and sub dial hands sweep smoothly like an auto.

How recently did you purchase it?

DC

And pics?!

DC

JasperB

How recently did you purchase it?

DC

And pics?!

DC

I got the black face version today. It's an Epson Quartz Movement, everything works, bracelet is top quality, paid less than 60 dollars US. You can see it at http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=52138&hl=&fromsearch=1

I posted it today on General Discussion.