Sign in to follow this  
jmac3789

New Black Sub :(

jmac3789

So I picked this thing up from the post office earlier today and wanted to see what you guys had to say. I should start by saying that my girlfriend (knows absolutely nothing about watches) opened the package while I was driving and was able to point out the flaws I'm going to bitch about in less than 10 seconds. Without even taking off the plastic wrapping she noticed that the pearl is misaligned and the triangle that it sits on is printed quite sloppily. The pictures taken on my iphone really don't capture it and I'm sure it cant be seen from more than 2 feet away. That said, when I heard her say "is it supposed to be like this?" my heart sunk in my chest! The pearl is ever so slightly misaligned to the right of the triangle at 12. This makes the two bottom sides of the triangle look like they're crooked which was her original complaint. Also, the top part of the triangle isn't printed evenly. It looks as though there is a chip in the bezel or something. There is no actual chip but you can see fine lines printed where the white is supposed to end. Basically, it looks like whoever did this bezel had a hard time coloring in the lines. What looks like glare on the top left of the triangle above the pearl is not glare. It is the issue at hand. If this were a $40 sub I wouldn't have posted this. I paid 10x that for this watch so I feel like the money buys me a little more in the way of QC. Should I get a new bezel insert? Is the TD responsible for QC issues that a 25 year old Russian girl can pick out? Or is this as good as it gets?

IMG_0029_zps1bd4fe7a.jpg

Rolexwatchman

Post better pictures also, if there's too many flaws I suggest getting a gen

Breno

>Buys fake rolex

>expects real rolex

jmac3789

Post better pictures also, if there's too many flaws I suggest getting a gen

There are 2 pretty noticeable flaws that when you consider the $ spent I think are legitimate grievances. If everyone on here were willing to accept these reps for all their flaws there would be no mid or high end reps, only cheapies and gens. Thanks for your helpful contribution

jmac3789

>Buys fake rolex

>expects real rolex

> Buys fake rolex

> Expects factory to be ably to print the shape of a triangle

Mikester1200

The people saying you should get a gen have no clue what they are talking about. If you payed $400 for that there should be no major exterior flaws like yours. I would contact the seller, no reason the pearl should be off and the bezel should not be damaged.

kevin123
>Buys fake rolex

>expects real rolex

> has been using the forum for a month

> thinks he is the man

jmac3789

I'm thinking it might be easiest to just get a new bezel insert. everything else is great ...This kind of thing will drive me nuts

sauceboss

I agree, you should expect the usual things when buying a rep. e.g - sharp edges on SS strap and the accuracy issues.

but this just looks sloppy. id contact the seller if i was you.

jmac3789
>Buys fake rolex

>expects real rolex

> has been using the forum for a month

> thinks he is the man

> Has nothing to do

> Trolls the internet displacing frustration

simonbolivar
The people saying you should get a gen have no clue what they are talking about. If you payed $400 for that there should be no major exterior flaws like yours. I would contact the seller, no reason the pearl should be off and the bezel should not be damaged.

+1

you paid good money for that thing, just because it's a rep doesnt mean it should be crap. Maybe they can send you a replacement bezel to avoid the long wait of returning back to china

conx

Did you ask for QC pictures? If you didn't ask for them then you have only yourself to blame as you could have caught this then. If you did get QC pictures then you have only yourself to blame as you should have caught this then.

Either way, IMO this is not really grounds for a return or for the dealer to make good.

But that's my opinion only....

LightGeek

>Buys fake rolex

>expects real rolex

> Buys fake rolex

It looks fine. No where did you state how much you paid or any other details. Honestly I see nothing out of the ordinary from your picture and it's representative of a lot of reps at the low to mid price range.

Your picture is pretty crappy representation for making any judgements.

This is a picture and it's from my iPhone uploaded directly.

6use7a9y.jpg

Mikester1200

Did you ask for QC pictures? If you didn't ask for them then you have only yourself to blame as you could have caught this then. If you did get QC pictures then you have only yourself to blame as you should have caught this then.

Either way, IMO this is not really grounds for a return or for the dealer to make good.

If you're paying $400+ for a replica the dealer should only be sending out the best ones

Mikester1200

>Buys fake rolex

>expects real rolex

> Buys fake rolex

It looks fine. No where did you state how much you paid or any other details. Honestly I see nothing out of the ordinary from your picture and it's representative of a lot of reps at the low to mid price range.

I'm sorry, but you have complained for finding a microscopic crystal under the glass of a watch, and made a huge deal of having glue on a bezel

LightGeek

>Buys fake rolex

>expects real rolex

> Buys fake rolex

I'm sorry, but you have complained for finding a microscopic crystal under the glass of a watch, and made a huge deal of having glue on a bezel

I have but I made the dust absolutely no fault of the dealer.

The glue is not excusable for a dealer that prides on doing their own QC before shipping, but that's another matter.

What the OP listed here is NORMAL for reps. You seem not to understand that.

conx

If you're paying $400+ for a replica the dealer should only be sending out the best ones

Very naive. A dealers view on what is acceptable is way different to many anal rep collectors.

Rolexwatchman

Show us qc pic vs your watch... A GOOD picture... Not a shitty one

rixxter

There is nothing like the excitement waiting for the arrival of the new baby....Nothing worse than being disappointed....... The Questions one should have asked..... god dam rep world.

I love it, but sometimes its bitter/sweet

LightGeek
There is nothing like the excitement waiting for the arrival of the new baby....Nothing worse than being disappointed....... The Questions one should have asked..... god dam rep world.

I love it, but sometimes its bitter/sweet

Or 5 new babies hahaha.

Seriously, more details on your QC pics, how much you paid, etc.

Mikester1200

Very naive. A dealers view on what is acceptable is way different to many anal rep collectors.

Thats only true for things like movement. If you wanna complain that its not 100% waterproof or if the movement isn't perfect then you should buy a gen. But there is no excuse why you should get a bad bezel for that price.

LightGeek

Thats only true for things like movement. If you wanna complain that its not 100% waterproof or if the movement isn't perfect then you should buy a gen. But there is no excuse why you should get a bad bezel for that price.

What price and where's the QC? I must be not seeing the price in Tapatalk.

fatarms

It looks to be a SubC. If that is the case, you can use a razor blade to scrape the excess paint off, the ceramic does not scratch.

conx

You can't rely on the dealers to QC down to the level of "a fraction off to the right". If you want to ensure you don't get a misaligned pearl ask for QC pics and examine them closely. If you dont then you'll get the watch he had to hand. As long as it is ticking and nothing is hanging off it then it will pass most dealers QC checks. That is the reality.

rixxter

With 5 new babies ariving how can you give advice on protection?