Sign in to follow this  
Gixerboy

Skyfall bezel insert ! Help!

Gixerboy

Hello ! Guys ,

I have try to fix the bezel insert on my skyfall (not glue properly ) I was very gentle with it but still mange to snapped !

Do you guys know where can I get one? Thanks! IMG_0171_zpseba14c9c.jpgIMG_0358_zps0f9eb668.jpg

Olly

Aww thats no good, sorry to hear about that. PM your dealer and they will source one for you at a cost.

DR3M3L

Did you first take off the bezel? Or did you only remove the bezel insert?

Send a mail to Reg, maybe he'll source one for you.

SSTEEL

You should really pop the bezel assembly first then remove the insert. Hopefully your TD will be able to source a replacement for you at cost as mentioned above :)

TAGster

Did you first take off the bezel? Or did you only remove the bezel insert?

Send a mail to Reg, maybe he'll source one for you.

You should really pop the bezel assembly first then remove the insert. Hopefully your TD will be able to source a replacement for you at cost as mentioned above :)

I don´t think the bezel assembly is meant to be removed. At least that was our friend 10:10 watch repair pointed out to me on a thread I posted about replacing my PO LM pearl and crystal. He told me the bezel assembly in our reps is not designed to be removed, that when someone tries to remove it 90% of the times end up with a broken or damaged bezel assembly.

You can source an aftermaket PO bezel in Amazon from the store called EWP, here is the link to a 42mm bezel insert:

http://www.amazon.co...net+ocean+bezel

The part is good quality and is not expensive. I´ve purchased many times from them and even though the parts are not same quality as gen, they have a good overall quality.

Cheers!

Edited by TAGster

nic3

buy new bezel...

SSTEEL

I'm sure you can remove the bezel, as I have been following a member franken PO works over on RG ;)

fellowsis

You're gonna have a tough time sourcing that bezel. Its a fantasy insert. Nothing like the new omega ceramic inserts. Even the aluminium one may not fit... if all else fails, you may need to buy a new po altogether. The current skyfall rep is pretty cheap anyway...

Pospower

Saw them on eBay

Gixerboy

Thanks guys for help! The insert come of really easy because was no glue on it ,(just a litle ) That was replacment watch anyway ! I have contact TD but I don't thing is intrested ! It wasn't smooth transaction , I have to wait for replacment 4 weeks :( I'm Surprised that TD with good feedback had poor customer service! I will have to try to get the insert whitch is correct for skyfall anyway .

TAGster

I'm sure you can remove the bezel, as I have been following a member franken PO works over on RG ;)

Maybe is because the franken projects are all based on the UPO (45.5mm), but this cheap rep versions does not have the removable bezel assembly. ;)

TAGster

Thanks guys for help! The insert come of really easy because was no glue on it ,(just a litle ) That was replacment watch anyway ! I have contact TD but I don't thing is intrested ! It wasn't smooth transaction , I have to wait for replacment 4 weeks :( I'm Surprised that TD with good feedback had poor customer service! I will have to try to get the insert whitch is correct for skyfall anyway .

Check the link I share on my first reply to your thread. I´m sure one of those aftermarket bezel inserts will do fine.

TAGster

If your TD cannot replace your bezel for cost, then surely one of these will fit?

http://www.amazon.co...net+ocean+bezel

I can't imagine these above are gen's at the prices listed, so must be reps, so worth a try mate.

You are right, those are not genuine parts but aftermarket ones. The quality is good.

Gixerboy

Thanks!

LightGeek

Remove ceramic bezels from the inside out, or very carefully using dental floss and heat.

t0ny

yep looks better than the rep bezel, go for it !