Sign in to follow this  
fatarms

Ceramic PO, 42mm Black/Orange

fatarms

Got it from Mary, usual polite sales deal with her and Rochest. The first one they got for me had a problem, so they switched it out for another one. Good to see the QC job they do :)

Hi guys, finally got my ceramic PO. It's a thing of beauty and pretty well made, but not without a couple of things I wish were different. It seems really balanced for the size and height of the watch. Not as high as a DSSD, but close, but much more balanced feel to it.

The dial is superb, I really like the way the orange numbers jump out at the right light angles. The AR coating (see pic) is the correct bluish purple as stated on the TD websites. The lume is pretty strong, but doesn't last very long on mine, might just be my watch.

The triangle on the bezel does not line up directly with my 12 marker, it's not too far off, but enough to notice when looking at it from about a foot away. I saw this in the QC pics, but decided I could live with it.

The bracelet is pretty sharp in some places, especially the clasp area when taking it on and off my wrist. I have about a 7.25 inch wrist and only had to remove the half-link to have it fit. With most watches I usually have to take out a full link or two to get them to fit.

When I set the time, when I go to push the crown back in, it will sometimes spring right back out. I have to turn the crown a little further one way or the other and then push the crown back in to set the time, but this obviously sets the time incorrectly because I have to turn it one way or the other. Not sure what I can do about that one. Maybe I'll hit up one of our repair guys for some tips on that one.

All in all, I really like it and would highly recommend it to anyone who is thinking about pulling the trigger. And of course, the obligatory wrist shot...

1a34dc57-6175-4701-97fd-40472a1d8ae8_zpsc0ca19eb.jpg

nic3

great watch...but why so many problems with crown?

SSTEEL

There were crown issues on the previous models, and many of us were hoping these were addressed in this model, but it appears history is repeating itself.

Wonder if the new 2013 PO are any better.?

powderfreak

Could you give us a clear shot of the caseback/movement? I have only seen the 45mm ones, they have that infamous adjusted to five positions...

Rav747

damn. nice

dms

The triangle on the bezel does not line up directly with my 12 marker, it's not too far off, but enough to notice when looking at it from about a foot away. I saw this in the QC pics, but decided I could live with it.

Looking good. On the allignment of the bezel, try to see if the dial is straight, maybe you can move it just enough to straighten it with the pearl. I did with mine. Just loosen the movement screws and turn it a few micromilimeters.

fatarms

Sorry for the crappy pics guys, I'm at work and all I have is my cell phone on me right now.

Looking good. On the allignment of the bezel, try to see if the dial is straight, maybe you can move it just enough to straighten it with the pearl. I did with mine. Just loosen the movement screws and turn it a few micromilimeters.

I just might do that, after looking at it closely, the triangle looks to be centered on the watch and the dial might be a hair or two off...

20130320_152831_zps920cd5bb.jpg

Could you give us a clear shot of the caseback/movement? I have only seen the 45mm ones, they have that infamous adjusted to five positions...

First one is from straight on, the last two are taken from about 45 degree angles with the phone basically inside the bracelet, the side of the phone is up against the case, so you really have to get in there up close to see the outer engravings. You can see the mistyped engraving in the third pic, but you really, and I mean really have to get in close to see it and hold it at the right angle. As you can see from the straight on shot, it really isn't visible at all.

20130320_152645_zps9cbdd8fc.jpg

20130320_152654_zpsb795acce.jpg

20130320_152723_zps0b98c96c.jpg

fatarms

Man, photobucket really shrinks those pictures so you can't really see much at all :(

dms

Mmmm...stem seems to be in the middle....not much room for moving then.

powderfreak

First one is from straight on, the last two are taken from about 45 degree angles with the phone basically inside the bracelet, the side of the phone is up against the case, so you really have to get in there up close to see the outer engravings. You can see the mistyped engraving in the second pic, but you really, and I mean really have to get in close to see it and hold it at the right angle. As you can see from the straight on shot, it really isn't visible at all.

Thanks a lot, didn't know how visible it would be :) Very nice watch overall, thinking of buying one myself at some point...

NFleischer

Nice watch, the AR is better on the 42mm. I ordered one but they sent me the 45mm version by accident.

Even my Gen Pumpkin has crown issues, the first one stripped and the new one only screws about 1 revolution.

stenchlord

Man, photobucket really shrinks those pictures so you can't really see much at all :(

Try out minus.com, the do not resize your images.

letti001

Just ordered one from Mary, 42mm black/silver numbers. About a week to ship.