Sign in to follow this  
Ianpuff

Help with rolex sub

Realism

does it look gen?

look gen to who?

fatarms

Realism, quit playing with the noob and just tell him who has the best sub already :rolleyes:

SSTEEL

:facepalm:

Welcome to the forums!

greg_r

It's a Rolex. Everyone will assume it's fake anyhow (they do even if the watch is gen).

Decent enough rep for the dough - on the wrist it will look real enough to the average guy in the street. Up close, people who know what they're looking for will know it's fake. There are better reps available of that watch, but they're more expensive. Even the best can be told from the gen by someone who knows their Rolex models well..

Note that Trevor is NOT a trusted dealer here, so if something goes awry we will not be able to help you - you'll need to go to one of the other boards who have Trevor on their dealer list. This and other versions are, however, available from our trusted dealers, so I suggest having a closer look to see what is available

Ianpuff

I have been doing my research and i know BK has one of the best few subs around but its way over my budget! I was thinking if this sub looks gen and has any flaws? Thanks!

Ianpuff

Thanks greg for your input! Appreciated! May i know what would you reccomened to me? Thanks!

Realism

Realism, quit playing with the noob and just tell him who has the best sub already :rolleyes:

Rolex has the best Sub...

TC has the best rep Sub...

:giggle:

olly593

All Rep's have flaws, plus its not just the watch its the person who wears it. if you drive a 1990's Honda and wear $10 jeans no one will believe you have a real Rolex anyway, not really a problem for me though as although i'm poor i don't pretend my watches are 'Real'

I've just placed an order for this one off Watch International http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=26232 who is a Trusted Dealer on thsi site.

It has flaws like all the others but for the cash it seems a good buy..

Ianpuff

Hi Olly! Thanks for your input too. Much appreciated! I just took a look at your link. Looks not bad! So fellow members, what do you think of the watch from trevor compared to the sub from the link olly just gave me? Which has more flaws? And looks more good?

myaz

For me, it's kinda like this. You get into the law of diminishing returns: more and more money for more minute improvements. The watch Olly posted will fool 98% of the people if that's what you want to do. You will have to spend a lot more to get to 99%. Is it worth it? Only you can answer that.

Let Greg_r's answer fully sink in, search and read the Rolex reviews in the forum and decide for yourself.........BTW, Welcome and enjoy it here.

Ianpuff

Ok, thanks for your advice. But based on the link that Olly provides, can you notice any major flaws on the watch itself? For example thr pearl, rehaut engraving, font of the date etc? Thanks!

jeffrx

Ok, thanks for your advice. But based on the link that Olly provides, can you notice any major flaws on the watch itself? For example thr pearl, rehaut engraving, font of the date etc? Thanks!

Impossible to say because the watch you buy will not be the watch in that photo. Order the watch and then you will get QC pics of the actual watch you will be buying. Look at those pics and you will know. Don't drive the dealer crazy with questions though. The one from WI is a good buy for the money for sure.

myaz

This one is very good. Mary/Rochest is a great dealer. Understand that due to high sub demand, that is one rep they get motivated to do well.

Less you be anal, you will not be disappointed. There are no "major" flaws. Look up pics of gens with Google and compare. About the only difference you'll spot will be the pearl.

For some reason, the white epoxy on most reps is usually a little too thick. They will eventually work this out as well.

However, if you pop the back off, it takes about 2 seconds to tell it's not a Rolex movement.

What you gotta ask yourself is, is a 2 mm pearl on a moving wrist seen 2 feet away noticeable? If they ask, and they won't, you say it got damaged and this is a crummy repair ^_^

Ianpuff

Wow.. Seems like its a good deal for WI's $170 black sub. Anybody here bought from them before? How is it?

LightGeek

I have been doing my research and i know BK has one of the best few subs around but its way over my budget! I was thinking if this sub looks gen and has any flaws? Thanks!

If by "best" you mean "accurate", then BK doesn't have the best sub. He does have the one with the most polished execution (for the money).

Ianpuff

Wow.. Seems like its a good deal for WI's $170 black sub. Anybody here bought from them before? How is it?