Sign in to follow this  
deadlock23

Breitling Bentley

deadlock23

I have a Bentley Chrono Breitling which most likely has the 7550 Asia movement. Ever since I got it (used from my cousin) when I reset the chrono the arrow is offset a bit to the right, by the 5 min mark instead of being dead center.

Is there an easy way for me to adjust it? Or do I need to get it serviced? Who do you recommend for rep watch servicing?

sconehead
I have a Bentley Chrono Breitling which most likely has the 7550 Asia movement. Ever since I got it (used from my cousin) when I reset the chrono the arrow is offset a bit to the right, by the 5 min mark instead of being dead center.

Is there an easy way for me to adjust it? Or do I need to get it serviced? Who do you recommend for rep watch servicing?

You mean the large second hand? If so it could be the chrono second hand just needs re-positioning, which is a simple job but the movement would need decasing. I'd leave well alone if the watch is otherwise working fine. Just run the chrono 'till the second hand is at zero and stop it there, it'll be less noticeable the minute counter being on one than the second hand being out...:lol:

edit: does the hand sweep smoothly? If it does it's an automatic, if it 'ticks' it's quartz, I hope I'm not teaching you to suck eggs here mate...but if it's quartz you can reset the hand using the function buttons...pull the crown out to time setting position, and press the chrono reset button till it reaches 12 again, then push the crown back in...

deadlock23

Hahaha, thank god I know the difference between and auto and quartz....it's an automatic.

I have been just turning on the chrono function and waiting for it to get to the center and stopping it, but it would be nice to have it fixed...

Thanks for the insight..I think I am still too much a noob to try and remove the movement from the watch, but if I did so, does anyone have pictures of what needs adjustment?

You mean the large second hand? If so it could be the chrono second hand just needs re-positioning, which is a simple job but the movement would need decasing. I'd leave well alone if the watch is otherwise working fine. Just run the chrono 'till the second hand is at zero and stop it there, it'll be less noticeable the minute counter being on one than the second hand being out...:lol:

edit: does the hand sweep smoothly? If it does it's an automatic, if it 'ticks' it's quartz, I hope I'm not teaching you to suck eggs here mate...but if it's quartz you can reset the hand using the function buttons...pull the crown out to time setting position, and press the chrono reset button till it reaches 12 again, then push the crown back in...

Edited by deadlock23

graman

It's just a case of repositioning the sweep seconds hand.

Remove and reposition....rather than twist it back to home....would you say Sconey?...you're more of an expert than me....I have to do this on my IWC yet...but need to buy some bits from Col's shop before I do it.

I've done the same thing mate...just run the sweep second until it reaches 12 and stop it...

It happens when you re-set the chrono when it's not between 10 & 2....the hand slips on it's pinion.

When you re-set it, to avoid it happening again, always reset when the hand is between 10 & 2.

sconehead

That's correct Graman...:lol:

fakemaster

You have to take it off reset it. Should be fine until the next time you run the chronos.

onzenuub
You have to take it off reset it. Should be fine until the next time you run the chronos.

?????

fakemaster

Onze is just goofing around DL.