Sign in to follow this  
GC

Ok...where from here?

GC

All right, since becoming a member here in January I have purchased four Rolex Reps. Yes I know I went overboard but I couldn't help myself. It had been such a long time since I wore the crown, that when I got the opportunity and saw the quality/accuracy of reps I could resist. As you all know I started with the DSSD from Mary, than I got a Milgauss GV from WBK (which I gifted to my father), now just recently ordered a DJ & a Creamic Blue Sub. I think I'm set for Rolexs now for a while, at least till something just floors me and I buy on impulse. Also in my collection are several Pam homages as well as a Pam rep, so I'm set with Pam/Pam-esq designs too.

Now the question..."Where to go from here?"

I've been looking at Breitlings, have heard/read they are currently some of the best OTB reps available. I say this because I know my limitations, and I'm not the mod/diy kind of collector. Kind of narrowed it down to two models, a BCE with the graphite stick marker dial or a BAS also with the graphite stick markers dial. I can't make up my mind between the two, but I'm leaning torward the BCE...no the BAS...no the BCE (see!)

Lately I've also been looking at some Omegas, but I'm not a fan of the SMP or the PO because they are 42mm. I know there is also a 45mm PO but compared to the case size it is IMO unpropotionatly thin i.e. compared to the 43mm DSSD which is very thick and which I like. Also of interest is the up coming Ploprof, but I don't think I has been released yet and going on recent releases it may be a while till version "bestsuperultimatesupreamupgraded V7.3" actualy get's it right.

So basicly this thread is a cry for help...lol

Am I going overboard?

Should I just settle a while than look around again?

Am I just being a Varuca Salt because "I want it all, and I want it now"

Geesh...don't you hate when you already over analysed yourself but just want conformation?

well I typed all this out...guess I'll post it anyway.

GC

jmd33

Many of the Oris models are pretty meaty - try looking at a few of those.

phaedo

Go with Breitling, never look back :lol: (jeez, I sound like Dave123)

dmisgod

if you liked them rollies, and if you like it big and thick (no pun intended :lol: ), I'd check them IWC aqua and pilot models, I know my next buy is there

madcatlancelot

Since you like rollies and is currently looking at Breitlings, check out the Avenger Seawolf. :lol:

Member X

SuperOcean Heritage? Breitling but not a Breitling, if you know what I mean lol

How about looking at some chunky alternatives? Bell&Ross? Sinn?

graman
Go with Breitling, never look back :gday_mate_haveabeer: (jeez, I sound like Dave123)

Yes Grashopper, you do! :popcorn:

Panerai.................definitely the next watch you must own....a 111.

dmisgod
Go with Breitling, never look back :gday_mate_haveabeer: (jeez, I sound like Dave123)

Yes Grashopper, you do! :popcorn:

Panerai.................definitely the next watch you must own....a 111.

"Also in my collection are several Pam homages as well as a Pam rep, so I'm set with Pam/Pam-esq designs too."

:facepalm:

Luthier

Yup. PAMs are boring. (Sorry, Greg). 2-3 PAMs is more than enough, just to pay respect.

Go for SOSF and Cousteau Divers 2006 model.Both are big and chunky.

Super Avenger is too, but, damn, it's 48mm, not sure if you'll like it.

Definitely SOSF and IWC.

Klink

uhh

well,

last poll reveals:

'overboard'

does not exist

in world of reps..

: )

enjoy the hobby!

Klink

Life is Good!

greg_r

Given you have the sub thing down, I'd hesitate to recommend another conventional-looking diver. The Breit SOH is a great watch, but it does kinda look like a Rolex (which is why I like it, but I digress ;) )

How about an Omega moonie? Or an IWC Big Pilot. Maybe a Glashutte Senator Sixties, or even something like a Corum Admiral's Cup (1admiral-1... err. let's not go there ;) ). All are very different from what you have and a complete change is a good thing occasionally :D

graman

Oooohhh...big pilot....

Soooo want a big pilot!

WARNING! WARNING! DANGER TO BANK BALANCE!

hammacher-lost-in-space-b9-robot.jpg

Relayman

Interesting that Rehab has not been mentioned as an alternative. This is an addiction by the way. ;) ;)

Never the less, Rehab would be no fun and usually unsuccessful. Therefore I strongly suggest that you look at the PO's. I too have a very strong attraction to my Rollies, but my PO's get almost as much wrist time. Then there are also the SOSF, the PAMs, the AP's, the IWC's, ............. It really is up to you to decide.

This all reminds me of a very old story. There was an old bull and a young bull up on the side of the hill admiring a large herd of very fine heifers. The young bull turned to the old bull and said "Hey, let's run down there and have us one of those really fine heifers." The old bull was quiet and stood enjoying the view, then after awhile he finally turned to the young bull and said " No, let's walk down there and have them all !!!"

Take your time and enjoy them all.

:D

dmisgod

I WANT IT ALL AND I WANT IT NOW -as the song goes

Silverspeed

That's the nice thing about reps....just buy what ever rocks your boat

who cares what brands it is...ehhh rep that is :D

marcodm86

go for an hublot big bang...jus to have a sporty one..

Member X

Glashutte Senators Sixties is a great recommendation - under $100 if you're lucky, and look great!

Steve227

Mate, if it helps you, hopefully next week I'll have sight of a Navi and a SOH Chrono, will post you some pics mate. The SOH does look the :bollocks:

GC

Great suggestions, I think I'm gonna take a few breaths first,

then wait for the two that are still on the way and see from there.

But I have a sneaky feeling a Breit will be the next one on the list!

bme

No collection should be missing a Breitling Navitimer..........preferably TT with Sticks on Black leather. Luthier?

NFleischer

DSC00216.jpg

DSC00273.jpg

DSC00188.jpg

Agree with alot of the suggestions- the Oris & Navitimer are gen.You can get an Oris online for about $500-1000. The SOSF is a great rep.

no_one
No collection should be missing a Breitling Navitimer..........preferably TT with Sticks on Black leather. Luthier?

+1

NaviWrist.jpg

bme

+1

NaviWrist.jpg

Now that's what I call a classic must have watch.............great photography. Mine's been away for repair.........new stem and service and I pick it up tomorrow.........I've missed it, it always gets admiring comments and is perfect to wear with business attire.

fakemaster

Get both of them.