Sign in to follow this  
SSTEEL

What Lame Excuses have you given your wife so to get another watch related purchase?

SSTEEL

As the title really, you know the score, you have already been spending quite a bit on watches, watch related parts, and tools etc, and then you see something that you know you have to have.

Then the wife asks, "what you looking at now?" :boxedin:

Me > "Erm, its a steal at that price, and if I get this, we will save a few hundred euros!" :dingleberry:

Wife > Rolls eyes. :blah:

So what lame excuse have you used with the wife so you can satisfy that itch watch purpose? :fearlessleader:

Realism

no wife... just continue jerking off

Black Diamond

I'm buying heaps of watches before I get hitched...I can just imagine>>>"Everytime you buy another watch, I buy another handbag" :duel:

Mechwarrior

not married......still resisting at 47 yo :giggle:

WARBOT

My wife supports my "Habit". Lol. No excuses needed. I want, I get, end of discussion. Lol

Maybe treating her to a couple of Chanel J12's helped a little....

SSTEEL

You single guys have it made lol. My wife supports me also though, but I do find myself cringing time to time when she asks what Im looking at lol, she can tell when Im about to pull the trigger on something lol.

Irishcain

I offered to match her 1:1 clothes shopping money for watches. Now she just smiles when I say I'm thinking of getting a new watch :D

<RJ>

Nowadays i say nothing. If i dont show her a new watch more often than maybe one every second month im ok.

Every now and then she reminds me about the complete waste of money this hobby is, And when she do i feel angry and have to order another one...

greg_r

No lame excuses needed for my wife...

sgtguk

Was having this discussion tonight with another member, just had my sixth delivery over the last week or so and the wife although supports (ie no nagging) my hobby, she has started to get a bit tetchy when the postie knocks on the door !

Every time I mention her spending she only has to say one word to me 'watches' and that's it she can get whatever she likes :suck: single guys you have it easy !

DG335

It's this or a mistress

jeffw69

no wife... just continue jerking off

we knew! :rofl:

Amit

hookers don't seem to really care

Realism

ask jeffw... he knew

_DC_

I tried just not saying anything and wearing my newest purchase (Rolex Sub) nonchalantly, and she didn't even notice (shows how much attention women actual pay to watches....... none)!

So anyway this made me brave and I started rocking one of my other new ones (Patek Nautilus) the following day, but I got rumbled. So then I was in trouble not just for buying the watch but for not saying anything once it had arrived. Oops :(

Have learned a valuable lesson though, if you want to get noticed by the fairer sex, don't choose a Rolex, choose a Patek. These are facts people!!

DC

king91

:lmao:

Realism

I tried just not saying anything and wearing my newest purchase (Rolex Sub) nonchalantly, and she didn't even notice (shows how much attention women actual pay to watches....... none)!

So anyway this made me brave and I started rocking one of my other new ones (Patek Nautilus) the following day, but I got rumbled. So then I was in trouble not just for buying the watch but for not saying anything once it had arrived. Oops :(

Have learned a valuable lesson though, if you want to get noticed by the fairer sex, don't choose a Rolex, choose a Patek. These are facts people!!

DC

Wrong...

Netniet

Me: This watch is for you

She: But is to big for me, i ca't wear it

Me:Oh , i thought it would fit you, well i have to wear it then, and i will start searching for a new one

It worked only once, now i let them be shipped to my office

_DC_

DC

Wrong...

Maybe my Missus just has good taste then....... She is with me after all ;)

DC

Realism

DC

Wrong...

Maybe my Missus just has good taste then....... She is with me after all ;)

DC

A nautilus looks like a $500 watch to public's eyes...

powderfreak

Single and living the dream :wheredidthehostingmoneygo?:

SSTEEL

Some classic ones, glad I'm not alone lol

parisianshut

she left last week.

_DC_

I didn't realise you'd carried out a thorough public survey Realism, lol, well I must be mistaken then!

But I didn't mention the price, just mentioned that she noticed it but didn't notice the Rolex, perceived price has nothing to do with it, I doubt most women would know how much either watch would cost from AD! Fact is the sparkly blue faced one got her attention, the brushed steel black faced one didn't, lol!

DC

Realism

I didn't realise you'd carried out a thorough public survey Realism, lol, well I must be mistaken then!

But I didn't mention the price, just mentioned that she noticed it but didn't notice the Rolex, perceived price has nothing to do with it, I doubt most women would know how much either watch would cost from AD! Fact is the sparkly blue faced one got her attention, the brushed steel black faced one didn't, lol!

DC

like it or not... and I'm talking about the gen... it's like a toy watch (light, tv shaped, simple - unlike Rolex crown which stands out)