Sign in to follow this  
SSTEEL

What Lame Excuses have you given your wife so to get another watch related purchase?

onionbag

You may have noticed me referring to Mrs. onionbag in the past.

I'm ashamed to say she's a figment of my imagination..........I live with my Lhasa Apso.

RichardMiami

Ask my wife's permission...tell her....or hide it from her...?...........doesn't come naturally to me....never has...never will :B):

+ several million.

+ a few million more from me

AM_Wood

As Ralph Cramden of the "Honeymooners says" upon any dissention about choices.... "To the Moon Alice, to the Moon." With clenched swinging fist.

Kcore

I have a similar tradition. As we approached our 45th anniversary, I thought should I start collecting rep watches, or go for a 40-something mistress. I went for the mistress, and now I am living in my new flat, I can have both.

That's historical! LMAO

gyddyp

am just starting out on this hobby. me looking for watch number three....

Mrs Gyddyp "Why do you need another watch? All they do is tell the time"

Me "and what is it exactly your diamonds and pearls do? other than looking good and being genuine?"

daeffy

I just tell her if I can't get a rep watch, I'll get a rep wife...18yo mint edition

daeffy

Please don't forward this to her :oops:

TAGster

No need for excuses or ask for permission here, neve have to. Wifey never question my actions or purchases, we have a great communication.

seclark007

I just read many of these out loud to my Mrs....who found many of your replies quite funny. I have more shoes than her (most issued by the Army) so that one doesn't work for me.... I have 6 suits in my closet with assorted shirts, ties, pocket squares, etc...so the nice clothes arguement is out too....

I am one of the lucky ones who needs no excuses, no lies, no bribes....just keep the mortgage paid and reliable transportation in the driveway.

(oh, and cut back on the drugs/gambling/booze/hookers :giggle: )

Bash64

I offered to match her 1:1 clothes shopping money for watches. Now she just smiles when I say I'm thinking of getting a new watch :D

+1 on this - no need for any more lies - the ultimate trump card :)

narikaa

Cringing around seeking sanction from another as to what you can do with your money

and ask what's lame?

mmmm

let think about that

Del

Cringing around seeking sanction from another as to what you can do with your money

and ask what's lame?

mmmm

let think about that

Ah, but you've forgotten about a wife's modus operandi........."what's your's is mine, and what's mine's my own".

;)

narikaa

You can only forget if you ever subscribed to it previously

It is however like saying 'I live in a house full of dog shit, because hey its my dogs modus operandi'

.;)

Baldrick

It'll be a cold day in Hell, the day my wife or indeed ANY woman over-rules or indeed outsmarts my modus operandi....!

There's an old adage......

" if you are not strong enough to impose your terms upon life................then you must accept the terms that life imposes upon you "

:B):

narikaa

Wife has a 'w' not an 'l'

;)

Baldrick

Indeedy ;)

solkryssare

Wouldn't know, never asked for permission........just like she never asks me for permission. They way it should be IMO.

:)

Kcore

This thread is a great way to start, end, or just get through a shity day. So much good humor, thanks guys!

But I do have a bit of a dilemma. Tracking on my rep from USPS indicates, "Inbound to Customs." I know this is a crap shoot, a 50/50 if it gets to me or is blocked. Of course I'm bummin out, but the reality is if I don't get the rep, i have to deal with a few hundred $ loss and my wife. A lot of you guys are livin the single life and some are espousing some big bravado, but as a responsible, married family man, it's not cool to have just thrown away that much money especially in today's uncertain economic environ.

Oh well, wish me luck!

arancini

Wouldn't know, never asked for permission........just like she never asks me for permission. They way it should be IMO.

:)

This.