Sign in to follow this  
bimmerfreak0

Newb looking for a quality Seamaster, Planet Ocean, 007???

bimmerfreak0

So I've been on the site for a few hours reading the past 50000 posts because I'm a research whore before buying anything (besides cereal)!

I've read reviews, seen pics, heard of PO and non-PO, ceramic and all this other crap that is quite frankly a little over my head.

1. What is the meaningful difference between the $100 and $350ish Omega replica watches? Is it the sapphire vs mineral glass or something else?

2. Seems like a lot of these replicas (regardless of price) are shit in the water? Why can a $20 timex do better in the shower than a $200 replica?

3. I'm just looking for a good quality Omega without all the obvious signs of it being a replica and I'm willing to pay $200-400. Suggestions? Preferably a 007 variant (with a solid back) or a Seamaster. Either 42 or 45mm.

4. Are all the watch motors in the $200-400 replica cost range last a long time or are they junk? Same question for the band...I don't want to commit suicide by having a watch on my wrist.

5. Since the Chinese gov't is cracking down on replica factories according to the top post in news...what is the general lead time?

6. A post (that I can't recall) says the Gen 6 watch is supposed to be out in May for Omega replicas...what the hell is the difference supposed to be and who is going to be selling them?

BaggyPants

Read more. All the answers are there.

navbasi

Hahaha!

navbasi

So I've been on the site for a few hours reading the past 50000 posts because I'm a research whore before buying anything (besides cereal)!

I've read reviews, seen pics, heard of PO and non-PO, ceramic and all this other crap that is quite frankly a little over my head.

1. What is the meaningful difference between the $100 and $350ish Omega replica watches? Is it the sapphire vs mineral glass or something else?

2. Seems like a lot of these replicas (regardless of price) are shit in the water? Why can a $20 timex do better in the shower than a $200 replica?

3. I'm just looking for a good quality Omega without all the obvious signs of it being a replica and I'm willing to pay $200-400. Suggestions? Preferably a 007 variant (with a solid back) or a Seamaster. Either 42 or 45mm.

4. Are all the watch motors in the $200-400 replica cost range last a long time or are they junk? Same question for the band...I don't want to commit suicide by having a watch on my wrist.

5. Since the Chinese gov't is cracking down on replica factories according to the top post in news...what is the general lead time?

6. A post (that I can't recall) says the Gen 6 watch is supposed to be out in May for Omega replicas...what the hell is the difference supposed to be and who is going to be selling them?

This was my first rep from Reg.

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=41996

I can't fault it. It's a masterpiece. I would head his way if you are looking for an Omega 007. It says sold out and there is a newer version out http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=45785 (which is also sold out) so the best thing is to probably drop him an email [email protected]

Hope that helps.

Mechwarrior

too many questions in the same post :help3:

LightGeek

You know, I was just about to answer but at the second question, I realized the OP hadn't read enough yet :)

bimmerfreak0

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...showtopic=41996

I can't fault it. It's a masterpiece. I would head his way if you are looking for an Omega 007. It says sold out and there is a newer version out http://www.rwg.bz/bo...showtopic=45785 (which is also sold out) so the best thing is to probably drop him an email [email protected]

Hope that helps.

Glad I got one substantive answer out of at least 1 reply...His watches are substantially cheaper than other places (100 GBP) generally speaking where a lot of other TD sites are asking $250-400 (his price converted to USD being around $150). Is there a reason if the quality is awesome?

Edited by bimmerfreak0

LightGeek

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...showtopic=41996

I can't fault it. It's a masterpiece. I would head his way if you are looking for an Omega 007. It says sold out and there is a newer version out http://www.rwg.bz/bo...showtopic=45785 (which is also sold out) so the best thing is to probably drop him an email [email protected]

Hope that helps.

Glad I got one substantive answer out of at least 1 reply...His watches are substantially cheaper than other places (100 GBP) generally speaking where a lot of other TD sites are asking $250-400 (his price converted to USD being around $150). Is there a reason if the quality is awesome?

If you've read, the movement is low beat 21J. It's all there bro :)

darryl

Forum - Noun

• A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged

Whilst I support reading, which is why I hardly post, this guy is clearly not your normal "I want a 1:1 rolex sub for £10" kinda guy - cant you guys cut him some slack; his questions at least show intelligence and a genuine interest.

its really easy for everyone to just say "read more". Surely if we were all reading and not talking this would not be a forum, it would be a notice board?

[/color]

Edited by darryl

tanulanand

Forum - Noun

• A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged

Whilst I support reading, which is why I hardly post, this guy is clearly not your normal "I want a 1:1 rolex sub for £10" kinda guy - cant you guys cut him some slack; his questions at least show intelligence and a genuine interest.

its really easy for everyone to just say "read more". Surely if we were all reading and not talking this would not be a forum, it would be a notice board?

[/color]

This!!

I agree that there is a lot of information that one should get from reading but what is the point of a forum if every one is going to be uptight and keep asking to read and not provide any input at all.

This forum does not look like it likes new members. It is more like "I have been here for x number of years, I use the TDs and i made stuff for you to read."

Higs

I'll try to answer some of these...

In general, with reps like everything else, quality costs - that can be mineral/sapphire, 21J vs 25J, Swiss vs Asian movement etc.

Because water-proofing is not a priority for a rep maker and they do not have to stand behind a warranty in the same way that Timex do. Some reps are more than adequately water-resistant from the off but there is no consistency so you have to assume that yours isn't until tested.

I'm not a big fan of the Bond ones so can't comment but of the others, the good reps are the 42mm V5 Planet Ocean, the 45mm UPO (Ultimate Planet Ocean) and the newish Ceramics in 42 and 45mm. That should give you something to search for. Most of the mainstream dealers should be able to get them for you. 'Noob' factory are supposed to be coming out with their own Ceramic PO soon which (if you believe the hype) will be the best of the best.

The movements will not be 'junk' - in that range they are likely to be either DG4813 (high-beat 21J) or clones of ETA movements. There will obviously be occassional 'bad apples' but lots of us have reps with these movements that have been running well for ages. The bands/bracelets are also likely to be sturdy - older ones (like the gen) have the pin and sleeve adjustment which is a bit of a ball-ache. Also the older Omega bracelets don't stand close scrutiny next to a genuine one but they won't fall apart. Newer ones use the screw pin adjustments. .

Patience is a virtue in this game - I don't know where you are but when I buy from TDs, delivery to the UK tends to take a thick week (7-9 days) for DHL/EMS or 3-4weeks 'normal' airmail. If you are in a hurry, look on the Member-to-member sales board (once you've qualified to view it)

Sorry but I'm not familiar with the 'Gen 6' watch.

tanulanand

In general, with reps like everything else, quality costs - that can be mineral/sapphire, 21J vs 25J, Swiss vs Asian movement etc.

Because water-proofing is not a priority for a rep maker and they do not have to stand behind a warranty in the same way that Timex do. Some reps are more than adequately water-resistant from the off but there is no consistency so you have to assume that yours isn't until tested.

I'm not a big fan of the Bond ones so can't comment but of the others, the good reps are the 42mm V5 Planet Ocean, the 45mm UPO (Ultimate Planet Ocean) and the newish Ceramics in 42 and 45mm. That should give you something to search for. Most of the mainstream dealers should be able to get them for you. 'Noob' factory are supposed to be coming out with their own Ceramic PO soon which (if you believe the hype) will be the best of the best.

The movements will not be 'junk' - in that range they are likely to be either DG4813 (high-beat 21J) or clones of ETA movements. There will obviously be occassional 'bad apples' but lots of us have reps with these movements that have been running well for ages. The bands/bracelets are also likely to be sturdy - older ones (like the gen) have the pin and sleeve adjustment which is a bit of a ball-ache. Also the older Omega bracelets don't stand close scrutiny next to a genuine one but they won't fall apart. Newer ones use the screw pin adjustments. .

Patience is a virtue in this game - I don't know where you are but when I buy from TDs, delivery to the UK tends to take a thick week (7-9 days) for DHL/EMS or 3-4weeks 'normal' airmail. If you are in a hurry, look on the Member-to-member sales board (once you've qualified to view it)

Thank you Higs for taking out time to answer

migueloliveira

The quality of the above 007 version (link), it's not very good, i'm affraid. But for the price, you can not ask for more.

According I know, there will be a better version (more expensive, of course)

My best regards,

oscarmadfish

i applaud you Higs :thumbsup:

1littlegreen

Bravo Higs....

TheSav

Forum - Noun

[/color]

This!!

I agree that there is a lot of information that one should get from reading but what is the point of a forum if every one is going to be uptight and keep asking to read and not provide any input at all.

This forum does not look like it likes new members. It is more like "I have been here for x number of years, I use the TDs and i made stuff for you to read."

It's quite obvious that the OP didn't read much at all. The answer to all his questions are quite easily found within this forum. I don't blame any member for there response when people are too lazy to search for an answer. I've been a member here for just over a month and have not needed to ask many questions as I find most of them answered numerous times when I perform a search. Some of those answers are so simple it's not funny. To ask what the difference is between a $100 rep and a $350 rep and not even be close after apparently reading 50000 posts shows a lack of research in my opinion. If every noobs basic questions was answered we wouldn't have a notice boards or a forum. We'd simply have a few threads repeated a thousand times.

AS90

Find a nice UPO (ultimate Planet Ocean) on the M2M sales, mine cost £120 and is great!

6A7093EE-658D-4ECC-A40A-FE821584C5A7-3020-000002C8B1AF4274_zps57e9dce5.jpg

E80FB46C-5770-4894-8CA2-463EAAAA8E09-5037-000004E7078A265A_zps3ffb111f.jpg

Edited by AS90