Sign in to follow this  
shipmodeler

Whether to Upgrade from an Economy Rep

shipmodeler

Just got my first rep at the Silk Market in Beijing. Blue Rolex Submariner...one-way ratcheting bezel, mineral crystal, screw down crown, logos in all the places they should be, screws on links, etc. Im amazed that the automatic movement is accurate to a consistent 10 seconds a day. I understand this is very good for an "Asian" movement. Paid US $70 after bargaining.

Only hitch is that the beautiful iridescent face has a purplish tint at certain angles.

I thought about replacing it with a more upscale rep, but what would I have to pay for a rep with as good a case and bracelet that kept as accurate time? And would it be worth it for a "divers" watch that cant even be worn in the shower, let alone swimming?

Any ideas?

RichardMiami

Ship... shop around. Look at the Trusted Dealer's websites - they are all listed in a link at the top of every page.

I have shopped at the Silk Market in BJ as well.... and while you can get a good "low end" rep if you are patient and a good bargainer (do you speak Chinese?) you can NOT get a high quality rep there.

Find a watch you want, and send pics to a few of our TDs, and watch the magic happen. You will be pleased.

Welcome to the madhouse! Where are you from?

dalboy

Hi and welcome to the forum...

Stick with our Trusted Dealers for your orders...

UPGRADE !!

By the best version avaliable..the difference is night and day...you will never buy another cheapie..

As for the waterproof issue...send it to one of our Modders...swim, shower ...not a problem..

Dal.

scorpion

Welcome, G'day Mate, Huan Ying, Velkommen, Welkom, Bienvenue, Willkommen, Benvenuto, Dzieñ Dobry, Dobrodošao, Vítejte, Bonvenon, Tervetuloa, Accueil, Fogadtatás, Velkomin, Selamat Datang, Powitanie, Bem-vindo, and Välkommen....................

My advice is to leave here right now, dont look back just go away and forget you ever found this site.................

Or get your wallet ready for a serious spending spree!!!!!! And make sure you have a good long read, you can get some great

information from this forum, all the answers are here if you look hard enough!

And when me mate Dal above says for WR sent it to one of the mods he means Modders / Repair guys not the mods as in moderators - the moderators are good but I would not want one of them messing inside my rep!!!

UPGRADE !!

By the best version avaliable..the difference is night and day...you will never buy another cheapie..

As for the waterproof issue...send it to one of our Mods...swim, shower ...not a problem..

Dal.

Just clarified your post mate - would you trust Del or Cyril to WR one of your reps :giggle:

greg_r

Just clarified your post mate - would you trust Del or Cyril to WR one of your reps :giggle:

What frightening thought! :rofl:

cb_5150

Welcome to the nuthouse!

OG.

My advice is to leave here right now, dont look back just go away and forget you ever found this site.................

Or get your wallet ready for a serious spending spree!!!!!!

Damn I wish someone had given me that advice when I first joined....

I have 2 reps now and another 5 on order..... :help3:

arancini

Plenty of good quality reps. but you have to do your own digging.

Everything is right here. From the trusted dealers on the home page to the "Search" button, top right.

Try it. I'm sure it will make your decision a lot easier.

dalboy

Welcome, G'day Mate, Huan Ying, Velkommen, Welkom, Bienvenue, Willkommen, Benvenuto, Dzieñ Dobry, Dobrodošao, Vítejte, Bonvenon, Tervetuloa, Accueil, Fogadtatás, Velkomin, Selamat Datang, Powitanie, Bem-vindo, and Välkommen....................

Or get your wallet ready for a serious spending spree!!!!!! And make sure you have a good long read, you can get some great

information from this forum, all the answers are here if you look hard enough!

And when me mate Dal above says for WR sent it to one of the mods he means Modders / Repair guys not the mods as in moderators - the moderators are good but I would not want one of them messing inside my rep!!!

UPGRADE !!

As for the waterproof issue...send it to one of our Mods...swim, shower ...not a problem..

Dal.

Cheers Scorp...............

Sorted. :giggle:

scorpion

Sorry - I try to welcome most new guys with this warning but must have missed you, please accept my apologies and I shall PM you details of my Large breasted Swedish Psychiatrist who will be able to help with you addiction.

1 laught.gif

LightGeek

Sorry - I try to welcome most new guys with this warning but must have missed you, please accept my apologies and I shall PM you details of my Large breasted Swedish Psychiatrist who will be able to help with you addiction.

1%20laught.gif

I hate that welcome for two reasons...

1. I never got it either (or I just ignored it)

2. Now I'm so deep I can't get out

Back to the OPs question... yes, you should upgrade but once you open Pandora's box...

timetech08

TD is your best bet , also depends on how picky you are, for me i rather save up a few hundred and buy a quality piece rather than buy 4 cheapies for same price , just my two cents

scorpion

1%20laught.gif

I hate that welcome for two reasons...

1. I never got it either (or I just ignored it)

2. Now I'm so deep I can't get out

Back to the OPs question... yes, you should upgrade but once you open Pandora's box...

I guess you ignored it as I try to deliver it to all noobs, don't say I didn't warn you that it was going to cost you a lot of..................

1 dollars.gif

timetech08

yeh but just think of all the smiles he will get broke , lol

seclark007

Many folks buy cheepies, then upgrade if they like the watch after they've worn it. This theory works good for me, as I've spent good dough on a Breitling, only after to find out that I couldn't get to like it...and couldn't flip it fast enough. Take it slow and buy what you want, not what you find, or as others have said - you'll be broke in not time :D