Sign in to follow this  
Markrfc

Omega Seamaster Bond Edition Rep Or Gen??? Opinions Please

Markrfc

As title just picked up this bond edition seamaster is it a rep or gen?

bb5ef9250455ccf8aa7c3705423885e9_zps13601c25.jpg

5fdd8d4544c3670f677e75f288bb1aa5_zpsd679739b.jpg

625fa2d78359cea0d131408c2ea2bc84_zpsfe3ba3b1.jpg

4a2b8e2cf5ccfb23c2efea3ccae1497b_zps2afad33a.jpg

1585a778bbc314238b4b68d7bdf71d37_zps3153bb0a.jpg

f8aae35338776c90966585fd6a3061ad_zps12728e40.jpg

bd4b8f8191fe7983b5cebcf942524c01_zps16d2c4d9.jpg

775a703e2363c5c6746a728807a50b18_zpsa60bc766.jpg

Painter6

Looks pretty good. Can you take the back off? I would like to see the movement.

nev848

This would be the 2002 version to celebrate "Die Another Day" It looks like a Gen to me.

But don't bet your wife on it.

hyster

Gen.

Guyute

Working He valve?

Markrfc

Nothing look out of place, what about the clasp?

Rob Roy

Its a great replica if its not Gen!

Col

Frazzle

I have a gen 300 Seamaster and the pearl on that one, case back and bezel colour look spot on.

Kcore

100% rep! The engraving on the bracelet's clasp under the 007, "TMDanjaq" is the dead giveaway. This would never appear anywhere on a gen.

Danjaq, LLC, formerly Danjaq S.A. is the trademark of the Brocoli famy holding company for the production company that owns the rights to the franchise.

If I know anyhting, I know my Bond!

Edited to add: This one is a better than average rep as it contains the correct, very, small 3:00 dial marker to the right of the date window. Most of these don't have it.

hyster

Everything from bezel colour to pearl to bracelet to crown guards scream genuine, I'd be shocked it you said it was a rep.

Edited by hyster

Markrfc

So is the full watch a rep or just the clasp?, the clasp is where my concern lies.

Rob Roy

Anyway Mark if you are selling just PM me :D

Col

Markrfc

HimCol, not selling but ill be sending the bugger back tomorrow.

BsFan

100% rep! The engraving on the bracelet's clasp under the 007, "TMDanjaq" is the dead giveaway. This would never appear anywhere on a gen.

Danjaq, LLC, formerly Danjaq S.A. is the trademark of the Brocoli famy holding company for the production company that owns the rights to the franchise.

Edited to add: This one is a better than average rep as it contains the correct, very, small 3:00 dial marker to the right of the date window. Most of these don't have it.

Gen has that:

http://royaljewelers.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/2704_2_omegabond40clasp.jpeg

conx

Is this a poll?

Kcore

Gen has that:

http://royaljewelers...ond40clasp.jpeg

Sorry but I disagree. That link is to a rep clasp. While I don't own a gen (never liked any except the 50th annive LE), I've been in the Omega store for each launch and have never seen that TM on the clasp. On a legal note, Omega has a license to use the 007 logo and all that goes with it, there wouldn't be a need to place a trademark ™ notice on the product, especially to the name of the holding company. Makes no sense.

OK, so I have OCD. I just called the Omega store in LA. I was in theior store last month and looked at their collection of LE Bond watches. I posed the question if any of the LE Bond watches have the engraving, TM Danjaq anywhere on the watch. The answer was no. The associate went on to say that the company trademark would only be affixed to written literature for advertising.

hyster

Gen has that:

Sorry but I disagree. That link is to a rep clasp. While I don't own a gen (never liked any except the 50th annive LE), I've been in the Omega store for each launch and have never seen that TM on the clasp. On a legal note, Omega has a license to use the 007 logo and all that goes with it, there wouldn't be a need to place a trademark ™ notice on the product, especially to the name of the holding company. Makes no sense.

eivbr6.jpg

Frazzle

+1 bracelet on this one is perfect.

This site sold a gen and the photos look just like yours.

http://www.watchuwan...-41mm-stainless

That said, get the back if and that should settle it! Anyway, how much did you get it for?

Gen has that:

Frazzle

Gen has that:

eivbr6.jpg

Is this a rep too?

And this one?

http://www.watchuwan...-41mm-stainless

So how much did you pay Mark?

Markrfc

Over £1000

tefal

I'd have said Gen as the HE valve is in the correct location, all the reps I've been looking at sit in line with the 10:00 where as the gens sit higher (one pictured and my gen Chrono)

chum_2000_uk

I had one exactly like this a number of years ago (bought it as I knew I could make a quick couple of hundred profit on it after cleaning it up and rebrushing the bracelet). The case, pearl, bracelet and clasp all look gen to me. The rep seamasters always have slightly different end links to gen - I've never seen a rep seamaster with correct end links.

Obviously without seeing the movement we can't be 100% sure, but if it's a rep, it's an expensive franken!

Frazzle
Over £1000

Buddy I think it's all gen! God know what erock is on about with the clasp! Believe me Blowers jewellers would not be selling a watch with such in obvious issue with the clasp! Clearly erock was not present in the launch of this particular watch back in 2002! Lol

Enjoy it mate, it looks very similar to my gen. To satisfy yourself take the case back off. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Mine is quite a quiet movement when placed to your ear compared to the eta movement I have in my rep watch.

chum_2000_uk

From the pics you've provided though (OP) it looks like someone has completely polished the centre links, instead of just the outer sections of the centre links. To be fair, it is a horrible job trying to just polish the outer sections and brush the inner sections of the centre links. I know, I've done it a number of times! Takes ages, and lots of fiddly masking off sections with tape!

BsFan
Over £1000

Buddy I think it's all gen! God know what erock is on about with the clasp! Believe me Blowers jewellers would not be selling a watch with such in obvious issue with the clasp! Clearly erock was not present in the launch of this particular watch back in 2002! Lol

Enjoy it mate, it looks very similar to my gen. To satisfy yourself take the case back off. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Mine is quite a quiet movement when placed to your ear compared to the eta movement I have in my rep watch.

Agreed. Every picture I could find was spot on with yours.