Sign in to follow this  
Footballer45

A kind hello from UK

Footballer45
Many thanks to all who've posted.

Greg - much appreciated that fella. That's answered a lot of questions and although I probably would plump for the $800-900 Swiss version, the consensus seems to suggest that it just isn't worth the outlay, considering the reasonable reliability of the 7753.

I take it this A7753's exterior quality is there or thereabouts with the Swiss movement versions? (I'll probably have a hunt around for a genuine croc strap once I take a look at what arrives)

I'll check that out PickledBeetroot and Corv99, I'm also in Newcastle. Small world...

Thanks to everyone else for their time :)

Really?

It is indeed :lol:

There are a couple of guys on here from toon!

Yep, really.. ha ha

I was just in the city centre only 20 mins ago :)

Miracle

welcome mate

raphy

from noobie to noobie welcome

Odyseus

Hi and welcome from the South Coast!!

Prepare to get poor very quickly :)

Stuntman

Another welcome from the south :)

Corv99

Greg - much appreciated that fella. That's answered a lot of questions and although I probably would plump for the $800-900 Swiss version, the consensus seems to suggest that it just isn't worth the outlay, considering the reasonable reliability of the 7753.

I take it this A7753's exterior quality is there or thereabouts with the Swiss movement versions? (I'll probably have a hunt around for a genuine croc strap once I take a look at what arrives)

I'll check that out PickledBeetroot and Corv99, I'm also in Newcastle. Small world...

Thanks to everyone else for their time :)

Really?

It is indeed :lol:

There are a couple of guys on here from toon!

Yep, really.. ha ha

I was just in the city centre only 20 mins ago :)

I'm up near the racecourse ..

greg_r

Am I right in thinking that there is no such thing a a "genuine 7750 swiss movement" they are all Chinese or Japanese? :)

Nope, the genuine Valjoux 7750 is a Swiss movement - expect to pay $800 plus for a watch that uses it, though, as the movement alone costs $4-500

I understand it's the exact same watch - the only difference is the gen 7753 movement.

That's superb Greg - exactly what I was hoping to hear. Do you have one?

No, I have the non-chrono Santos XL

Footballer45

Am I right in thinking that there is no such thing a a "genuine 7750 swiss movement" they are all Chinese or Japanese? :)

Nope, the genuine Valjoux 7750 is a Swiss movement - expect to pay $800 plus for a watch that uses it, though, as the movement alone costs $4-500

I understand it's the exact same watch - the only difference is the gen 7753 movement.

That's superb Greg - exactly what I was hoping to hear. Do you have one?

No, I have the non-chrono Santos XL

What's that Santos like? I do actually fancy one of those also, maybe only the mid though as a less 'in-your-face' piece.

I'm down in East Boldon on the coast Corv. My wife works at Quorum though off Benton Lane. Only minutes away from the racecourse.

graham47

Welcome John, from sunny Yorkshire

pollux1

Hi and welcome mate. :)

scorpion

Welcome, G'day Mate, Huan Ying, Velkommen, Welkom, Bienvenue, Willkommen, Benvenuto, Dzieñ Dobry, Dobrodošao, Vítejte, Bonvenon, Tervetuloa, Accueil, Fogadtatás, Velkomin, Selamat Datang, Powitanie, Bem-vindo, and Välkommen....................

My advice is to leave here right now, dont look back just go away and forget you ever found this site.................

Or get your wallet ready for a serious spending spree!!!!!! And make sure you have a good long read, you can get some great

information from this forum, all the answers are here if you look hard enough!

Y30BAD

Hi from London UK from me.. Good luck with your search.. I joined looking for one watch in particular and now I've a list of 10 I HAVE TO HAVE NOW!!!! haha

Footballer45
Hi from London UK from me.. Good luck with your search.. I joined looking for one watch in particular and now I've a list of 10 I HAVE TO HAVE NOW!!!! haha

The exact same things happened to me mate. My main impetus for finding this site was to identify a quality Santos Chrono rep without getting scanned and as a secondary an AP Royal Oak. I'm now looking at all sorts of reps :/

Good luck fella

jeffw69

Welcome from the USA.

Footballer45

This thing is addictive....!!

I've spent more time on the iPad these past 2 days moving about these forums, backwards and forwards on TD's websites, than I have in the past 3 months.

Thank you for the great response to my OP and once my watches turn up, I'll be sure to take/upload some decent photos with my initial thoughts on how good the reps are.

(In case you're wondering, I've put in a request to 'Mary' to provide me with a quotation for an Omega Planet Ocean orange ceramic ETA 2824-2 (42mm), Paneria PAM111 with rubber strap, noob V3 (cheaper than leather as my intention is to acquire an OEM black alligator leather from eBay) and Cartier Santos Chronograph A7753 SS/LE)

Cheers guys

John