Sign in to follow this  
LightGeek

Omega Ceramic PO (Black and Orange)

LightGeek

Black from TT, orange from WI... But it doesn't really matter since I'm sure they were born next to each other in the factory. Both 42mm.

u5a9usut.jpg

Pospower

Was this the $150 model?

the violator

I love these reps. I am just not sure if the more expensive clear backed model is worth the extra couple hundred dollars.

LightGeek

Was this the $150 model?

No, the black was something like $350 and the orange was $300. Both have "Swiss" movements and the clear back.

Is the clear back worth it? Yes.

Does it make it a lot thicker to wear? Yes.

For the latter reason, I kind of regret selling my V5...

TheSav

Very nice. I especially like the black one but will purchase whichever you decide to put up on M2M ;)

TheInthusiest

How well do they keep time?

And how is the bezel? Does it feel solid when rotatin?

fatarms

Please take some pics of the movements in these things for me, I was also told mine was a Swiss 2824-2, but actually got an Asian 2836-2.

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=48295

LightGeek

How well do they keep time?

And how is the bezel? Does it feel solid when rotatin?

Per the timegrapher in two positions, black -4s/D and orange +6s/D. Pretty good.

About the movement... I put "Swiss" in quotes up there for a reason :)

P4GTR

You're saying you got asian ETA po ceramic for $3-350?

I just feel like when we support this crap (and this is not directed at you at all LG) the prices will go higher and higher. Personally I'm not willing to spend that much without a gen ETA or SW200, I won't buy one. Also, does the bezel print rub off or not? I thought the consensus was that it did, but everyone seems to be buying them. I couldn't stand not having the bezel markings, would ruin the watch.

fatarms

Dan,

my bezel paint isn't coming off at all, but the movement, you've seen the evidence there. Also, the crown sucks as well. When setting the minutes, you push the crown back in and it pops back out like it's springloaded. I have to turn the crown one way or another after setting the time (which messes the time setting up) in order to get the crown to go back in so I can screw it down. Only solution is to buy the gen crown and tube.

Would I buy this version of this watch again? Hell no. Just being honest.

ad6904

I just feel like when we support this crap (and this is not directed at you at all LG) the prices will go higher and higher. Personally I'm not willing to spend that much without a gen ETA or SW200, I won't buy one. Also, does the bezel print rub off or not? I thought the consensus was that it did, but everyone seems to be buying them. I couldn't stand not having the bezel markings, would ruin the watch.

Amen, sick of paying for swiss and having to question if I'm actually getting what I paid for. Especially in this case when they offer no alternative movement option!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

nunu78

Amen, sick of paying for swiss and having to question if I'm actually getting what I paid for. Especially in this case when they offer no alternative movement option!

+1

LightGeek

Wait for v2, like the Montauk. This is the "laughing-all-the-way-to-the-bank" version.

Dinicol

42 or 45mm?????

UmpaHimself

Nice dude. Pearls look great on both. I have black and orange numbers but I kind of want black and silver.

sgtguk

Love the look of these pieces LG :suck: I'm just waiting for the V2 when it comes out to get one, and yes going to wait for the Asian movement too !

radzer0

I didnt think any of these clear back watches they tried to do the asian eta and call it a swiss?

NFleischer

Please take some pics of the movements in these things for me, I was also told mine was a Swiss 2824-2, but actually got an Asian 2836-2.

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...showtopic=48295

Did you tell the TD about the mov't?

ATEspo

I received an orange bezel (pumpkin) last week in 42mm and I LOVE IT. My movement is stamped pretty well, but dont you think they can just replicate an "ETA" movement with the stamps etc?

Anyway I am not worried about it, its a sweet watch and personally one of my favorites right now.

4466926F-EB0B-4ADE-98D1-5D5A4ED4B74B-1282-0000002D7B064149_zps3e1359bf.jpg

3141839F-C535-4CD6-AF81-F717BB7BD5F2-1282-0000002D755F12F7_zpsfb0dba2b.jpg

dms

I received an orange bezel (pumpkin) last week in 42mm and I LOVE IT. My movement is stamped pretty well, but dont you think they can just replicate an "ETA" movement with the stamps etc?

Anyway I am not worried about it, its a sweet watch and personally one of my favorites right now.

4466926F-EB0B-4ADE-98D1-5D5A4ED4B74B-1282-0000002D7B064149_zps3e1359bf.jpg

3141839F-C535-4CD6-AF81-F717BB7BD5F2-1282-0000002D755F12F7_zpsfb0dba2b.jpg

Told ya! :B):

LightGeek

I think I'm going to be letting both of them go. They wear quite a bit thicker and heavier (!?) than the "standard" V5 which doesn't work for me :(