Sign in to follow this  
goatboy

Omega PO 45 ceramic 21j

goatboy

I ordered my first replica - the Omega Planet Ocean 45 ceramic with 21j movement from WI. Comms from Mary and Rochest have been great - quick responses to my e-mails and English very good. Mary sent me pics of my watch this morning i think it looks great, cant wait for it to arrive

y4a3u6eg.jpg

4e7a5uva.jpg

3u5ypypa.jpg

erypegag.jpg

8ynahazu.jpg

eju7aby9.jpg

abydazu7.jpg

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2

mulder

nice very nice

AS90

Great looking watch!

sleepsus

A good starter rep, these sell for less than USD 100 at a local bazaar here in Manila. I have one of these, not the most accurate but it's sure enough to get your feet wet.

A couple of days after i got this, i ended up getting a pumpkin CrPO from TTW ;-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

solrac

A good starter rep, these sell for less than USD 100 at a local bazaar here in Manila. I have one of these, not the most accurate but it's sure enough to get your feet wet.

A couple of days after i got this, i ended up getting a pumpkin CrPO from TTW ;-)

please dont confuse this, nor compare it to, local manila bazaar garbage. These here, are not the same. Also, welcome yourself to the forum.

LightGeek

please dont confuse this, nor compare it to, local manila bazaar garbage. These here, are not the same. Also, welcome yourself to the forum.

+1. A $100 street rep is a Silix special, at best. A $150 rep from the TDs is leagues ahead of street offerings.

sleepsus

Lol, where do you suppose those garbage comes from?

TheInthusiest

Great pick!

You'll enjoy it!

LightGeek

I don't think you're quite grasping what we're trying to tell you.

sleepsus

+1. A $100 street rep is a Silix special, at best. A $150 rep from the TDs is leagues ahead of street offerings.

Try dealing with Chinese entrepreneurs directly. Being an Asian my self I am not given the standard "white guy" price ;-)

sleepsus

Err... It's said that this one isn't the same as the one i got locally and i say it is, never mind how both are priced.

LightGeek

Err... It's said that this one isn't the same as the one i got locally and i say it is, never mind how both are priced.

So you're saying basically that

1. You have a rep that's better than the usual street trash, possibly "same quality" as this

2. You paid less that most would on the street

That does not equate (especially under $100) in the rep world on the street. From the way you initially worded it, anyone can get this deal. You then go on to say it's only you because you're Asian and have an "in". Your stories don't jive either. Still, I digress and as long as the OP likes it, case closed.

sleepsus

So you're saying basically that

1. You have a rep that's better than the usual street trash, possibly "same quality" as this

2. You paid less that most would on the street

That does not equate (especially under $100) in the rep world on the street. From the way you initially worded it, anyone can get this deal. You then go on to say it's only you because you're Asian and have an "in". Your stories don't jive either. Still, I digress and as long as the OP likes it, case closed.

I'm pretty sure this is the same rep that I have and I definitely know how much I paid for it.

Take a wild guess at what the cost is to manufacture these watches in China and think how much geeks like us would shell out for them add to that your typical TD and you get a wide profit margin.

Come see me in Manila sometime and I'll show you the Chinese bazaars in the downtown area.

But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, perhaps you've been to these same manila bazaars before and possibly know more than I do about them? Either that or your calling me a liar.

Edited by sleepsus

LightGeek

I'll take you up on that challenge. Post up some pics in a separate thread :)

I'm going to simplify it a bit though. Think of them as oranges. They all come from the same grove but the crappy ones are sold to cheap markets and purée. The better ones are hand selected and sold expensive as premium. The cost to "manufacture" these lower end reps may be the same, the the net product at market which is different. Now it's certainly true some great oranges make it to the cheap stand but it would be the exception, not the norm. Why? Those buyers are not as picky and do not have the same regard as we do here.

That is... Hey I'll buy a fake Rolex. Looks nice I'll take it. These buyers do not obsess over whether the pearl is glass finished or even perfectly centered. They don't need to because you'll buy it anyway.If it is, then it's good luck in the pick.

sleepsus

I'm going to simplify it a bit though. Think of them as oranges. They all come from the same grove but the crappy ones are sold to cheap markets and purée. The better ones are hand selected and sold expensive as premium. The cost to "manufacture" these lower end reps may be the same, the the net product at market which is different. Now it's certainly true some great oranges make it to the cheap stand but it would be the exception, not the norm. Why? Those buyers are not as picky and do not have the same regard as we do here.

That is... Hey I'll buy a fake Rolex. Looks nice I'll take it. These buyers do not obsess over whether the pearl is glass finished or even perfectly centered. They don't need to because you'll buy it anyway.If it is, then it's good luck in the pick.

It's you who's missing the point now.

I'll post some pics when I get home.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

LightGeek

It's you who's missing the point now.

I'll post some pics when I get home.

Am I? If I were, you wouldn't say "pretty sure".

Regardless, you're saying you've managed to uncover a hidden source for "nicer than street reps" for "street rep prices". That's what you're saying and that's what I call the bullshit on. No missing the point, really :)

DejaWho
:popcorn:

LightGeek
:popcorn:

You'll need a bigger bag than that. This is what the forum is all about. If he's found a good cachet of higher grade reps at discount prices, that would be great.

chrish8

Nice watch

Approving_1b54c2_1013324.jpg

sleepsus

I say you're missing the point because I only talk about this rep and my own experience with purchasing it locally.

I'll post pics in a while

scorpion

2 Popcorn (1).jpg

And nice first choice for a rep - that's it you are done for now, better buy a big watch box!

sleepsus

QC pics are up, lets move to the new thread and leave the nice OP's thread alone :)

Himont

Great start, now just keep em coming!!

also a newbie and have found the site to full of info

and the quality of the watches is fantastic!!

Very addictive though!!!