Sign in to follow this  
Novoroth

A godsend: hey hey RWG! =)

Novoroth

What's up guys and gals! I figure after lurking for about a week it was time to post up.

I stumbled upon this website after looking through a few rep watch places (which all seemed quite sketch, ala iparadisiac and "their" review site) as I've been looking to acquire some of these lovely pieces I see you all rocking for myself soon.

A family member came to visit the other week wearing a beautiful Tag heuer carera which kicked this whole odyssey off. From about 3ft away it looked gorgeous and eventually he let me handle it (the weight, movement, glass, etc looked legit) when lo and behold, he let slip it was a rep from "watchesup.ru" (not sure what anyone's thoughts about them are here but seeing their product IRL left me impressed) I thought well heck there's something to these replica sites, but I better do my due diligence anyway.

Finding this site was pretty much a godsend in that case. I've been poking around all the different sub-forums getting myself acclimated. Hopefully I can pick up some useful tips from here before I take the plunge into what looks like a pretty engrossing hobby.

Currently, I only own two genuine watches, an Omega Seamaster and Deville, both from the early 60s that were my grandpop's. They're really slick (I'll post some pics when I get a chance) but yea, I think it's time for an updated look.

TL;DR - Hey I'm new here, looking to get into the watch hobby, y'all seem like cool beans and hopefully can help me find some new pieces to satisfy this jonesing for some new watches I've got.

trailboss99

Welcome! Good to see you took the time to read and acclimatise before anything else.

Gotta love those 60's SeaMasters, real nice kit a lot of them.

scorpion

Welcome, G'day Mate, Huan Ying, Velkommen, Welkom, Bienvenue, Willkommen, Benvenuto, Dzieñ Dobry, Dobrodošao, Vítejte, Bonvenon, Tervetuloa, Accueil, Fogadtatás, Velkomin, Selamat Datang, Powitanie, Bem-vindo, and Välkommen....................

My advice is to leave here right now, dont look back just go away and forget you ever found this site.................

Or get your wallet ready for a serious spending spree!!!!!! And make sure you have a good long read, you can get some great

information from this forum, all the answers are here if you look hard enough!

SSTEEL

Welcome to RWG, great intro :) Stick to our TD's if I were you ;)

RJDamage

Welcome! Enjoy your stay

RJ.

DR3M3L

Hello and welcome to RWG!

funny-gif-bear-hello.gif

SSTEEL

Just been looking through watchesup.ru, and have never seen such a big collection of Breitling Emergency reps available, cheap too at $118 inc worldwide shipping. Their high end reps are on the more expensive side when compared to our TD's. Breitling SO Abyss are almost $500

yippykayay2121

Hi Novoroth, welcome to the forum, has anyone bought anything from the site he mentioned? watchesup.ru

sgtguk

Welcome to the madhouse mate :suck:

TyLoper

Welcome!

RichardMiami

Welcome to the nuthouse.

That is a russian scam watch site. They are using pics of Gens as bait. Do not buy from them.

Please stick with our Trusted Dealers, linked on every page, and you will get quality reps at reasonable prices!

Let us know if you have questions :D

solrac

Welcome to the forum!

Jose Betancur

Hello and welcome to RWG!

funny-gif-bear-hello.gif

Joran knows graphic design :D

Novoroth

Thanks for the welcomes! :animal: (there are a boat load of emotes on this thing...so drums.)

I hear what y'all are saying about sticking to the TDs here, they seem to have a very nice selection, great customer service and factoring in the reviews of their actual products you can see from people posting on RWG, it's the safest way to go.

For a first rep I think I'd like to get an Omega (possibly a V Constantin, Jaeger, or Cartier, who knows with all these choices) PO, specifically one of those James Bond editions they've done. I guess some people feel strongly against that level of branding, but when you're big Bond fan and have the chance for the 007 logo to be on the end of your seconds hand, that's about all the convincing one could need.

Also, pics incoming. Future apologies for the S3 camera and lighting.

myaz

WELCOME,

FWIW, the TDs do have great service as you say, but it's a different brand of service, it still takes patience, it's not like ordering from a webpage and it mails the next day.

Novoroth

Actually I should only post these 2 pics, I didn't realize how large they'd be. =p

I had both of them serviced about a year ago as they didn't work at all when I came into possession of them. The Deville is all original but the Seamaster has some random leather strap on it. It's too bad some of the scratches couldn't be buffed out but considering they're 45+ years old and you can only see them from an angle they're not too shabby.

Unfortunately the SM started to run fast about 2 or 3 months ago...like +30 mins fast after 4-5 hours. 0_o I've heard anything more than a few minutes slow/fast means there's probably something major wrong, but the warranty from my watch guy is up. =/ At some point though I'd like to take a crack at adjusting it myself.

20130409_165322.jpg20130409_165521.jpg

Chairman7w

Welcome! My first rep was the Omega Skyfall Bond. I love it. I have no problem with the branding - i've got the IWC Top Gun on my Wish List too. Fun stuff.

Novoroth

WELCOME,

FWIW, the TDs do have great service as you say, but it's a different brand of service, it still takes patience, it's not like ordering from a webpage and it mails the next day.

I've noticed that's it's something of a "you better get to ordering fast, so you can be patient and wait" kinda deal. Which I'm totally fine with because it seems the quality of the product and rapport with the dealers is top notch.

The watched pot (or impatient buyer of quality replicas in this case) never boils as they say.

myaz

WELCOME,

I've noticed that's it's something of a "you better get to ordering fast, so you can be patient and wait" kinda deal. Which I'm totally fine with because it seems the quality of the product and rapport with the dealers is top notch.

The watched pot (or impatient buyer of quality replicas in this case) never boils as they say.

:thumbsup2:

Bighands

welcome

Monty010

Welcome to the forum!

chrish8

1st welcome you are at the right place. I am new as well and the best advice I can give you is read, read, read. I would also recommend not just posting a question on where to buy x, who sells the best x. You will only get replies saying to read or look at the TD websites.

I found it very helpful to Read the newbie section and read what to expect from a rep and dealing with TD’s. Most importantly when you are ready to buy a watch read the review section of the watch to see if there is one for your model and when you pick a dealer to buy from read the TD feedback make sure things work for you in terms of features and email replies.. Enjoy the site