Sign in to follow this  
Libertatia

Gumtree UK fakes and scams

Libertatia

Should people be able to freely advertise such terrible fakes on this website? IMO it will only attract further bad attention to this hobby. The quality of fakes here offend not only gens, but also offends the fakes we can get through here, safely and securely through TD's, all with in a nice snug community.

Look at this one trying to pass as a gen for example

http://www.gumtree.c...ery-item-full-2

Look at the pearl.

Apart from this, there are countless other fakes,

http://www.gumtree.c...ice=&max_price=

Edited by libertatia

greg_r

No, it's illegal, but gumtree are like craigslist in the US - they don't pay that much attention to what's being advertised unless they get a complaint...

RichardMiami

I absolutely love these comments from the second ad:

ONLY AAA QUALITY WILL HAVE THESE EXCELLENT FEATURES.

Cash on collection at Bethnal green tube station or postage is also available and i accept PAY PAL too.

I usually buy all my Rolexes in train stations! :rofl:

seriously, here in the colonies, we have something called Craig's List. It is the second hand eBay. It is LOADED with replicas, many of which are clearly labeled as reps!

I stopped getting upset about it years ago.

JusNoGood

Cash on collection at Bethnal green tube station or postage is also available and i accept PAY PAL too.

seriously, here in the colonies, we have something called Craig's List. It is the second hand eBay. It is LOADED with replicas, many of which are clearly labeled as reps!

Damn handy...pick up some crack, a hooker and a rep all in one transaction :stars: ...not a rep sorry a Gen :rofl:

Edited by JusNoGood

conx

If you collect at the tube station he should also accept payment by oyster card :)

Pmcclean18

This is the best one. Apparently Drake (the rapper) threw this off stage and the seller caught it, but a pin must have fallen out in the process. As he got it for free he is only asking for £12,500 (?!?!?!?) not the £22,000 it sells for new (nice of him) but would be happy to swop for a car! He also lives in county Antrim in N Ireland (arse end of nowhere - trust me, I know) so presumably you could meet him at a communal sheep shagging meet...

http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/swap-rolex-submariner-for-car/1014701884

Y30BAD

Do they actually believe anyone will fall for it?

Libertatia

This is the best one. Apparently Drake (the rapper) threw this off stage and the seller caught it, but a pin must have fallen out in the process. As he got it for free he is only asking for £12,500 (?!?!?!?) not the £22,000 it sells for new (nice of him) but would be happy to swop for a car! He also lives in county Antrim in N Ireland (arse end of nowhere - trust me, I know) so presumably you could meet him at a communal sheep shagging meet...

http://www.gumtree.c...-car/1014701884

LOL damn its gone already wanted to see that one

masmannan

Sold to me. :giggle: