Sign in to follow this  
Luthier

Breitling Super Avenger from Mary.

greg_r
Well... Actually, Breitling is a pilot's watch.

And... your DB-9 will bite the dust far behind my "customized" Jap. machinery, trust me, already proven on freeways.

:)

Maybe, but the Aston will do it with elegance :D

Luthier
Well... Actually, Breitling is a pilot's watch.

And... your DB-9 will bite the dust far behind my "customized" Jap. machinery, trust me, already proven on freeways.

:popcorn:

Maybe, but the Aston will do it with elegance :rofl:

....that you can't say about "Breitling vs. Panerai".

:rofl:

greg_r

Oh yes I can. Most Panerai are understated functional elegance. Most (admittedly not quite all) Breitlings look like an accident between two Cadillacs in a branch of Best Buy.... :P

chiefsalami

I got this same exact watch from Mary as well. I think my timing happened to be very coincidental with Luthier - I had been talking to Mary about it for a couple of weeks though, so maybe I beat Luthier to it by a bit :) Anyhow, I agree completely with Luthier's comments. This thing is absolutely beautiful, and extremely well made. Almost indistinguishable from the gen. Mary came through once again (I bought a BlackSteel SA from her a few months ago)! Hope to have pictures up soon. The links were a bitch to remove because of those screw-capped bars. But I finally got them out.

k3rm87

Great watch mate, must be MASSIVE in person.. I have the Avenger Skyland and thats big enough for me

Industril

I like it. Are the hour markers on the dial applied or silver painted? I can't exactly tell from the pictures.

Luthier
I like it. Are the hour markers on the dial applied or silver painted? I can't exactly tell from the pictures.

Applied, they're about 0,2mm thick.

mspangl

what an amazing watch.. cant decide inbetween black or white dial now ;) both are so awesome

how much was it if i may ask? how long was the shipping and stuff? :}

great pics btw

Edited by mspangl

Luthier

I prefer white, more classy.

I don't remember, how much I paid, honestly. I bought DSSD, Avenger Skyland, this SuperAvenger, and few more watches.

How long it took? Well... Mary opened her purse, I saw bunch of great watches, paid right away, so.... maybe 2-3 minutes?

;)

Industril

Applied, they're about 0,2mm thick.

VERY nice. I like that. How you arrived at its thickness is beyond me XD

I prefer white, more classy.

I don't remember, how much I paid, honestly. I bought DSSD, Avenger Skyland, this SuperAvenger, and few more watches.

How long it took? Well... Mary opened her purse, I saw bunch of great watches, paid right away, so.... maybe 2-3 minutes?

;)

Hahaha, Mary sounds like she's very reputable at least around all of these watch forums. Perhaps I should get in contact with her. Any qualms about the watches you got from her? I can only assume from all the praises that she only deals in AAA products.

Luthier
Hahaha, Mary sounds like she's very reputable at least around all of these watch forums. Perhaps I should get in contact with her. Any qualms about the watches you got from her? I can only assume from all the praises that she only deals in AAA products.

I bought about 15-20 watches from Mary, maybe more, in the last 2 years, and I use all of them on the regular basis, and all are great, without any problems. Mary not only deal with top factories, but also has best QC (she has a watchsmith, who inspect all watches, put them on the stand for 24 hours, and only then watch will be shipped).

:)

ReplicaFromDownunder

I have an SA with a blue dial. I must say I wish I could swap my blue dial for a white dial!! :nana:

Pob

On my list mate :nana: great watch!

can you post the link to this one?