Sign in to follow this  
Fan_rwg

My experience with Royal Oak 39mm 15300

Fan_rwg

Its been more than 2 months I wear this watch everyday & every time I look at the watch - I don't seem to get enough of it... I absolutely adore this beauty. I would like to share my experience with fellow forum members.

I always wanted to own this iconic model, but I am not in terms with spending outrageous amount of money on a watch (pre-owned or new). AP production line includes only 41mm Royal Oak version now - I could not try this watch before buying in any authentic dealer shop. And as every 15300 owner says - this wears a tad big for a 39mm watch - despite of my fair amount of research I was still in dilemma with questions like will it fit my small wrist/how will the watch personality look on my wrist. My admiration of the model overpowered the rational, and I ended up blind buy this piece, my first ever rep purchase....

What to consider before pulling the trigger on this rep:

1) Knowledge is virtue. Read about the watch & rep on forums. I would encourage fellow watch seeker to use search option and try '15300', 'Royal Oak', etc.. Reading experiences helps to understand pro/cons about this rep piece & what to expect in the end. After loads of reading and affection super seeding my zero rep experience, and my expectations were set relatively high!

2) Another thing which I would recommend is - Asking very specific question in forum and PM fellow proud owners. Firing generic questions do not yield any constructive results, so friends do some home work and then come up with pointed question. Then you will find every member of any forum very helpful.

About the watch:

I have about 6.4" wrist and it fits well, I do not feel this watch is 'hanging on my wrist'. I have tried Rolex submariner 40mm and it did seem to exceed the wrist just a bit but Royal Oak 39mm though it wears big due to lugs but dial never looks to overpower the wrist. On other hand the bracelet - it def looks just big (wide) enough and it is good. Its 'all rounder' model, fits well in all occasions, beach to office to home - very versatile - along the lines of the reputation of Rolex submariner. I am very happy with the watch & quality. It keeps time well, smooth second hand sweep with Asian clone movement. I do not have lot of experience with rep but I think this is positioned well from price point of view.

Now, one thing which I would like to improve in the model:

1) Visual finish feel of bracelet. Def some work can be done on bracelet which will bring it in almost 1:1 rep stage. When you run thumb against the bracelet - u feel it bit edgy. So finish of this bracelet can be improved.

Now, for the folks who wants to close down gen biz:

2) Logo at 12. In gen (depending on some versions) A & P are way closer, however slight separation in A & P is not a deal breaker.

3) I m really being picky here now - On very close inspection - alignment of few two digit dates on date wheel e.g. '28' bothers me a juuust a bit, again this is not a life or death situation (or may be it is just my date wheel).

4) Open case back is not 'gen looking' but not obviously noticeable if you are wearing the watch.

5) Black rubber gasket between the bezel and the case is thicker than the gen, only those who own gen or when you inspect watch next to gen you will notice.

I highly recommend watch to AP lovers with small wrist & can not pull off big ones like AP Diver. I will try to take and post a few pictures later.

highergame

need pictures

parisianshut

1) finish of this bracelet can be improved.

2) Logo at 12. In gen (depending on some versions) A & P are way closer,

3) the bezel and the case is thicker than the gen,

the 3 reason i didn't buy this 400$ beauty yet...

KrakDrazh

Even though the watch can be done better, I love the he'll out of mine! Perfect fit for most occasions ond a stunner on the wrist!

YJFarmer

Got any pics?

boneyjr

need to see some pics!

Whorologist

Pics pls!!!!! Any movement issues since u bought the watch?

KrakDrazh

Had mine for like half a year, no problem at all. The rotor make some nice when shaking he watch, but nothing wonky apart from that.

SSTEEL

Great write up, and advice for newbies. This advice can be said for any rep that is sourced too. Well done, and I like the guys before me were expecting photos to finish off your post off nicely.

honeybear

I never had any luck with the 15300 Royal Oak replica on my 6.75" wrist. I found it was a much poorer fit on my wrist than either the Patek Philippe Nautilus or the Vacheron Constantin Overseas. In particular, the lugs come off the Royal Oak case at a fixed angle, which meant that it didn't conform very well to the curve of my wrist.

KrakDrazh

That is exactly like the gen, no worries there. Make sure to try it on before buying since it wears larger (because of the lugs) as so many other times stated.

jard89

What they all said ^^^^^^ Pics.....

jmac3789

is the bracelet issue only with finish or does it feel poorly constructed too? love this watch with the blue dial but the bracelet kinda looks like it could feel "cheap"

Fan_rwg

Its been more than 2 months I wear this watch everyday & every time I look at the watch - I don't seem to get enough of it... I absolutely adore this beauty. I would like to share my experience with fellow forum members.

I always wanted to own this iconic model, but I am not in terms with spending outrageous amount of money on a watch (pre-owned or new). AP production line includes only 41mm Royal Oak version now - I could not try this watch before buying in any authentic dealer shop. And as every 15300 owner says - this wears a tad big for a 39mm watch - despite of my fair amount of research I was still in dilemma with questions like will it fit my small wrist/how will the watch personality look on my wrist. My admiration of the model overpowered the rational, and I ended up blind buy this piece, my first ever rep purchase....

What to consider before pulling the trigger on this rep:

1) Knowledge is virtue. Read about the watch & rep on forums. I would encourage fellow watch seeker to use search option and try '15300', 'Royal Oak', etc.. Reading experiences helps to understand pro/cons about this rep piece & what to expect in the end. After loads of reading and affection super seeding my zero rep experience, and my expectations were set relatively high!

2) Another thing which I would recommend is - Asking very specific question in forum and PM fellow proud owners. Firing generic questions do not yield any constructive results, so friends do some home work and then come up with pointed question. Then you will find every member of any forum very helpful.

About the watch:

I have about 6.4" wrist and it fits well, I do not feel this watch is 'hanging on my wrist'. I have tried Rolex submariner 40mm and it did seem to exceed the wrist just a bit but Royal Oak 39mm though it wears big due to lugs but dial never looks to overpower the wrist. On other hand the bracelet - it def looks just big (wide) enough and it is good. Its 'all rounder' model, fits well in all occasions, beach to office to home - very versatile - along the lines of the reputation of Rolex submariner. I am very happy with the watch & quality. It keeps time well, smooth second hand sweep with Asian clone movement. I do not have lot of experience with rep but I think this is positioned well from price point of view.

Now, one thing which I would like to improve in the model:

1) Visual finish feel of bracelet. Def some work can be done on bracelet which will bring it in almost 1:1 rep stage. When you run thumb against the bracelet - u feel it bit edgy. So finish of this bracelet can be improved.

Now, for the folks who wants to close down gen biz:

2) Logo at 12. In gen (depending on some versions) A & P are way closer, however slight separation in A & P is not a deal breaker.

3) I m really being picky here now - On very close inspection - alignment of few two digit dates on date wheel e.g. '28' bothers me a juuust a bit, again this is not a life or death situation (or may be it is just my date wheel).

4) Open case back is not 'gen looking' but not obviously noticeable if you are wearing the watch.

5) Black rubber gasket between the bezel and the case is thicker than the gen, only those who own gen or when you inspect watch next to gen you will notice.

I highly recommend watch to AP lovers with small wrist & can not pull off big ones like AP Diver. I will try to take and post a few pictures later.

as promised, some pics:

(if somehow admin can incorporate it in original post, it would be highly appreciated)

IMG_5963.jpg

IMG_5959.jpg

IMG_5964.jpg

IMG_5965.jpg

IMG_5960.jpg

IMG_5955.jpg

IMG_5969.jpg

IMG_5973.jpg

IMG_5979.jpg

IMG_5983.jpg

IMG_5982.jpg

IMG_5967.jpg

IMG_5993.jpg

IMG_5987.jpg

IMG_5999.jpg

IMG_6009.jpg

solrac

as promised, some pics:

(if somehow admin can incorporate it in original post, it would be highly appreciated)

/snip

Gorgeous watch. Thanks for the pics.... finally!

edit your original post and drop them in there.....

Abagnale

i love this watch! i made the experience that the rotor gets stucked when the case back is screwed tight. what about yours?

cheers and enjoy

Fan_rwg

Pics pls!!!!! Any movement issues since u bought the watch?

No issues at all, touch wood :)

Great write up, and advice for newbies. This advice can be said for any rep that is sourced too. Well done, and I like the guys before me were expecting photos to finish off your post off nicely.

Thank you

I never had any luck with the 15300 Royal Oak replica on my 6.75" wrist. I found it was a much poorer fit on my wrist than either the Patek Philippe Nautilus or the Vacheron Constantin Overseas. In particular, the lugs come off the Royal Oak case at a fixed angle, which meant that it didn't conform very well to the curve of my wrist.

I guess its not perfect fit to me, but it sure looks good to me. Looking at your collection and following your posts I know you are no less than a purist, but still I hope this post further motivates you to posses this beauty as well :)

is the bracelet issue only with finish or does it feel poorly constructed too? love this watch with the blue dial but the bracelet kinda looks like it could feel "cheap"

Only with finish, construction is relatively good.. I hope posted pics will give ease to your worries about bracelet.

parisianshut

Just woaw!!! Thank you for photos!!!

Fan_rwg

as promised, some pics:

/snip

Gorgeous watch. Thanks for the pics.... finally!

edit your original post and drop them in there.....

I do not see Edit option in the original post.. but for my last post (post #17 in this thread) I see Edit option.. strange.

Edited by Fan_rwg

Fan_rwg

i love this watch! i made the experience that the rotor gets stucked when the case back is screwed tight. what about yours?

cheers and enjoy

Rotor is moving fine.

Abagnale

cheers and enjoy

Rotor is moving fine.

that's good news!

fatarms

That's a really nice watch, just wish they were bigger than 39mm.

KrakDrazh

They are in 41 also if I'm not mistaken.

somebeatnik

This watch is definitely on my hit list, it looks amazing.

ad6904

There are 41mm, the RO 15400 from memory