My experience with Royal Oak 39mm 15300

sardonix

There are 41mm, the RO 15400 from memory

This is 41mm in RG

0bYvB8U.jpg

Olly

That bracelet looks so rich !

SSTEEL

Great photos of a sexy AP. Yet another on my list to get :)

ahassan

This is a great watch. Can someone provide a link to the seller of this watch. I would like to contact him. Thank you very much guys. I am relatively new here.

Fan_rwg
This is a great watch. Can someone provide a link to the seller of this watch. I would like to contact him. Thank you very much guys. I am relatively new here.

Email pics to any TD here, they can all get you this piece.

Antonio23

beautiful, just beautiful

Abagnale

btw, are the bezel screws only glued to the bezel or actually connected to the cb screws as per gen?

Netsfan327

looks amazing! I've always been a big AP fan, and was curious how it would look on a smaller wrist...

Y30BAD

Mine is on its way! : )

RussP

Great write-up and stunning pics (Sardonix, your pic is just magnificent).

The only thing holding me back was my small wrists (6"), but now I think I may 'chance' it based upon your article.

Thanks,

Russ.

KrakDrazh

Russ, there is a 36mm version if you believe this one to be too big. My recommendation is to visit a ad and try the 36mm version (the 39mm is sold anymore).

The ap ro is lovely!

mikey1717

That looks amazing!!

great watch.

Audemarlover

Its been more than 2 months I wear this watch everyday & every time I look at the watch - I don't seem to get enough of it... I absolutely adore this beauty. I would like to share my experience with fellow forum members.

I always wanted to own this iconic model, but I am not in terms with spending outrageous amount of money on a watch (pre-owned or new). AP production line includes only 41mm Royal Oak version now - I could not try this watch before buying in any authentic dealer shop. And as every 15300 owner says - this wears a tad big for a 39mm watch - despite of my fair amount of research I was still in dilemma with questions like will it fit my small wrist/how will the watch personality look on my wrist. My admiration of the model overpowered the rational, and I ended up blind buy this piece, my first ever rep purchase....

What to consider before pulling the trigger on this rep:

1) Knowledge is virtue. Read about the watch & rep on forums. I would encourage fellow watch seeker to use search option and try '15300', 'Royal Oak', etc.. Reading experiences helps to understand pro/cons about this rep piece & what to expect in the end. After loads of reading and affection super seeding my zero rep experience, and my expectations were set relatively high!

2) Another thing which I would recommend is - Asking very specific question in forum and PM fellow proud owners. Firing generic questions do not yield any constructive results, so friends do some home work and then come up with pointed question. Then you will find every member of any forum very helpful.

About the watch:

I have about 6.4" wrist and it fits well, I do not feel this watch is 'hanging on my wrist'. I have tried Rolex submariner 40mm and it did seem to exceed the wrist just a bit but Royal Oak 39mm though it wears big due to lugs but dial never looks to overpower the wrist. On other hand the bracelet - it def looks just big (wide) enough and it is good. Its 'all rounder' model, fits well in all occasions, beach to office to home - very versatile - along the lines of the reputation of Rolex submariner. I am very happy with the watch & quality. It keeps time well, smooth second hand sweep with Asian clone movement. I do not have lot of experience with rep but I think this is positioned well from price point of view.

Now, one thing which I would like to improve in the model:

1) Visual finish feel of bracelet. Def some work can be done on bracelet which will bring it in almost 1:1 rep stage. When you run thumb against the bracelet - u feel it bit edgy. So finish of this bracelet can be improved.

Now, for the folks who wants to close down gen biz:

2) Logo at 12. In gen (depending on some versions) A & P are way closer, however slight separation in A & P is not a deal breaker.

3) I m really being picky here now - On very close inspection - alignment of few two digit dates on date wheel e.g. '28' bothers me a juuust a bit, again this is not a life or death situation (or may be it is just my date wheel).

4) Open case back is not 'gen looking' but not obviously noticeable if you are wearing the watch.

5) Black rubber gasket between the bezel and the case is thicker than the gen, only those who own gen or when you inspect watch next to gen you will notice.

I highly recommend watch to AP lovers with small wrist & can not pull off big ones like AP Diver. I will try to take and post a few pictures later.

as promised, some pics:

(if somehow admin can incorporate it in original post, it would be highly appreciated)

IMG_5963.jpg

IMG_5959.jpg

IMG_5964.jpg

IMG_5965.jpg

IMG_5960.jpg

IMG_5955.jpg

IMG_5969.jpg

IMG_5973.jpg

IMG_5979.jpg

IMG_5983.jpg

IMG_5982.jpg

IMG_5967.jpg

IMG_5993.jpg

IMG_5987.jpg

IMG_5999.jpg

IMG_6009.jpg

Looks amazing!

Where could I pick a piece like this up?

Thanks so much!

Mazz

Like I told you in the shout box check the trusted dealers

Realism

^ some people just don't see the light M

Audemarlover

Its been more than 2 months I wear this watch everyday & every time I look at the watch - I don't seem to get enough of it... I absolutely adore this beauty. I would like to share my experience with fellow forum members.

I always wanted to own this iconic model, but I am not in terms with spending outrageous amount of money on a watch (pre-owned or new). AP production line includes only 41mm Royal Oak version now - I could not try this watch before buying in any authentic dealer shop. And as every 15300 owner says - this wears a tad big for a 39mm watch - despite of my fair amount of research I was still in dilemma with questions like will it fit my small wrist/how will the watch personality look on my wrist. My admiration of the model overpowered the rational, and I ended up blind buy this piece, my first ever rep purchase....

What to consider before pulling the trigger on this rep:

1) Knowledge is virtue. Read about the watch & rep on forums. I would encourage fellow watch seeker to use search option and try '15300', 'Royal Oak', etc.. Reading experiences helps to understand pro/cons about this rep piece & what to expect in the end. After loads of reading and affection super seeding my zero rep experience, and my expectations were set relatively high!

2) Another thing which I would recommend is - Asking very specific question in forum and PM fellow proud owners. Firing generic questions do not yield any constructive results, so friends do some home work and then come up with pointed question. Then you will find every member of any forum very helpful.

About the watch:

I have about 6.4" wrist and it fits well, I do not feel this watch is 'hanging on my wrist'. I have tried Rolex submariner 40mm and it did seem to exceed the wrist just a bit but Royal Oak 39mm though it wears big due to lugs but dial never looks to overpower the wrist. On other hand the bracelet - it def looks just big (wide) enough and it is good. Its 'all rounder' model, fits well in all occasions, beach to office to home - very versatile - along the lines of the reputation of Rolex submariner. I am very happy with the watch & quality. It keeps time well, smooth second hand sweep with Asian clone movement. I do not have lot of experience with rep but I think this is positioned well from price point of view.

Now, one thing which I would like to improve in the model:

1) Visual finish feel of bracelet. Def some work can be done on bracelet which will bring it in almost 1:1 rep stage. When you run thumb against the bracelet - u feel it bit edgy. So finish of this bracelet can be improved.

Now, for the folks who wants to close down gen biz:

2) Logo at 12. In gen (depending on some versions) A & P are way closer, however slight separation in A & P is not a deal breaker.

3) I m really being picky here now - On very close inspection - alignment of few two digit dates on date wheel e.g. '28' bothers me a juuust a bit, again this is not a life or death situation (or may be it is just my date wheel).

4) Open case back is not 'gen looking' but not obviously noticeable if you are wearing the watch.

5) Black rubber gasket between the bezel and the case is thicker than the gen, only those who own gen or when you inspect watch next to gen you will notice.

I highly recommend watch to AP lovers with small wrist & can not pull off big ones like AP Diver. I will try to take and post a few pictures later.

Would be kind enough to share what trusted seller you went through? Looks like did a great job and I would like the same representation.

Thanks!

chats

is the 15300 really bad? i love the RO but the 15400 is too big. but is it an ok rep? or is it a bad rep?

because so far after reading in here, rwi and geek, i found that people say the 15300 isnt good, except this thread hahaha

Spackjarrow

I love the 15400 but my wrists are 6.5. ordered 15300 in black dial as my 4th deal from Trusty. Waiting QC. Fingers crossed.

Edited by nadeemfazlani

Newbie17

Great pic additions! This was a really helpful write up for me. I'm looking into a 15300 in my collection for 2015 and I've been scouring for reviews on sizing, quality, etc. Well reviewed!

Phanphy

Interesting and helpful post! I've just ordered a 15400 and I've got a smaller wrist - hopefully it isn't too big. Tried on a friend's 15300 and it fitted well - but thought an extra 2mm wouldn't make a big difference?

Spackjarrow

i ordered the 15300. the TD sent me a 14790 !! 36mm. I have it sent back. now he wants me to pick up any other watch of the same value!

Moondustesp

The 15300 is on my hit list. Hopefully be on my wrist by xmas! Great write up thanks for the info

Moondustesp

Ah man i want to order!

BC1221

I was never big on APs but I'm slowly becoming obsessed with this watch.

Just need one to pop up in the states so I can snatch it up!

Thanks for the review