Sign in to follow this  
raptor

A little advice needed from the experts please.

raptor

Hi all,

I am looking to buy a good rep watch . My choices so far are narrowed down to Tag Carrera, Breitling Transocean Calibre 10 , or IWC Portofino chronograph, or Portuguese Chrono Automatic Steel. my questions are,-

Is there a big difference between Swiss movement and Asian movement? if so is the price difference worth it? and if it the Swiss movement is the better option, is there a link on the forum from who I can purchase any of the above watches on ?

And the big question ..living in good old blighty (U.K) we get screwed by customs, is there a chance they can confiscate the watch because its a rep, or can they be awkward and ask for the full import duty on the watch treating it as a non rep .??

Thanks in advance for the replys!

fatarms

Check this thread out for your questions regarding the movements:

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=6930

P4GTR

Your choices are all chronographs, so the movement choice is easy, there isn't one. You'll get the asian clone A7750, based on the Valjoux 7750.

Any of the TD's can get the same watches for the most part. I believe most, if not all guarantee customs clearance or they will reship.

Steve227

Hi mate, have a look in the new member section, you'll need to do quite a lot of reading to fully understand any answers you get here.

For example, the watches you asked about are chronos, a Swiss chrono is $800 I think on its own, plus I doubt you will find this as an option with our dealers.

Head to the section and see what you can find out.

Welcome.

Steve227

Edit: too slow! What Dan said ^

raptor

Wow they were fast reply's! - Thanks for your input , the thread about movements..make it a lot clearer now..

Thanks again!