Sign in to follow this  
butchyg73

BR02 Arrives!

butchyg73

Well I received my BR02 from Marvellous Replicas today. They have been great to deal with. It took 10 days from shipping to receiving, that's including the weekend and a cool 5 day vacation in the hands of NY (USA) customs. I'm in the state of Pennsylvania. The great anticipation of my first rep purchase has been rewarded with a great watch. It feels and looks terrific! It took a bit figure out how to jump start the 2824 automatic movement, like CPR, but some winding and then spinning the minute hand around a few times has it purring smoothly and quietly now. I was certainly skeptical about laying out $245 in a Western Union money order to some guy in China, but obviously that concern is moot. MR did a great job. Here are some pics.

20130416_145043_zps70145d4e.jpg

20130416_145328_zpsa4610c97.jpg

20130416_155045_zps42d517d4.jpg

20130416_153928_zpsba3612c7.jpg

20130416_140519_zps97a767fb.jpg

20130416_152148_zps6e3de172.jpg

stunnaon

I've been wanting to get this watch recently, apparently it's very well repped...

butchyg73

Well I don't have a gen to do a side by side comparison, but going off of pics its spot on. It is on the super rep list, http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=5502 . I'm not 100% sure but I think the only difference maybe the stepped band at the lugs on the back side.

Olly

Don't lay the watch out with the strap open like in your pic !!!! Over time that part thats bent will crack and break the strap off !!!!

butchyg73

Thanks Olly ! It sounds like you speak from experience !! I certainly wouldn't store my watch like that !!! That picture was for reference purposes !!!!

(I) Appreciate it !!!!!

Edited by butchyg73

HeavyKrush

Great watch. Mine says hello...

DSC_2285_zps84e5dc57.jpg

butchyg73

Cool band Heavy, who did you buy your BR02 from? Have you ever needed to tighten the screws on the face?

Olly

Thanks Olly ! It sounds like you speak from experience !! I certainly wouldn't store my watch like that !!! That picture was for reference purposes !!!!

(I) Appreciate it !!!!!

Its ok mate, I personally don't have 1st hand experience, but someone i know has had it happen to them.

masmannan

defo tighten all screws. just basic check will ensure you don't ruin the look. these reps are very good rep, the AR is cloudy. but otherwise brilliant purchase.

butchyg73

I can't say I feel the AR coating seems cloudy but I would like to compare it to a gen. Judging from pics of gens the triangle above the 12 on the rep might be hair bigger than the gen. I do have a gen strap en route so I'm eager to compare those.