Sign in to follow this  
James.

Super Reps - April 2013

Starre71

Just one more question. I am going to get myself a Rolex Deepsea :-)

Is the superrep version of this model as mentioned in the list, aka the "Ultimate DSSD", a version that only one TD sells or do all the TDs sell this version?

blackfox

is the "super sea dweller" the classic sea dweller without the gas escape valve thing?

which TD sells the super rep classic sea dweller? I find so many versions of it.

eoghan101

great guide. I hope I can get some of these soonn is there any oyster vintage super reps?

BMNot

Thanks!

Is the 'pro hunter' version of the DSSD also a superrep?

To be honest, I don't believe so. I remember it being discussed here a while back and if I remember correctly, it has some big inaccuracies on it such as the wrong caseback and the Pro Hunter being one word on the dial and is two words on the gen, or vice versa... Someone who knows a little more about it should be along here soon to let you know.

caseback is fixed now, dial updated to single red 'deep sea' (although gen variants DO exist)

pro-hunter flaw still exists and non-pvd (silver) gas escape valve flaw exists. that's all i can spot... while not flawless it is absolutely damn close to gen and the only tell is if you know the brand and rarity factor imho

Edited by BMNot

akoizame

James, Aquaracer Chrono which one? 500m or daydate that super reps?

ks653

QQ - as per the original super rep list in the first post, it says omega PO ceramic from N maker is under review for a super rep. My question is when did the N factory come up with a version of the omega Cr PO? I thought that it was the BP factory that produced the Cr PO. How many versions are out there - especially of the 42mm watch. All my research points to only one version and one factory. I thought Angus said that Noob is planning to come up with one but the rep is delayed and they might come up with the liquid metal version first and then the CR PO. Can anyone shed some light. Thanks!

Also - any updates on the bezel fade issue?

machiavegli

IMHO the BP 5004 isn't much of a super rep. There are two versions of it. One of 'em is very accurate but with no working power reserve. Other one is less acurate but has a working power reserve. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

A "super rep" IWC BP 5004 has been made, with WORKING power reserve. It was sold by Narikaa, I got one via M2M. The currently made rep has flaws as per my diagram HERE:

1373410128_zps603058d6.jpg

-Mach

machiavegli

Thanks!

To be honest, I don't believe so. I remember it being discussed here a while back and if I remember correctly, it has some big inaccuracies on it such as the wrong caseback and the Pro Hunter being one word on the dial and is two words on the gen, or vice versa... Someone who knows a little more about it should be along here soon to let you know.

I have this and it is NOT a super rep, same reasons as above, the caseback being the most obvious. A true Pro Hunter has a smooth black caseback with a large-font 3 digit number on it (the PH serial no) regardless of model etc.

-Mach

TRANSPORTER

Sorry is it just me but pictures would be great, I'm not taking away anyone's knowledge or hard work here on this thread as its all far superior than mine, but I love pictures of all things shiney!!!

James.

Sorry is it just me but pictures would be great, I'm not taking away anyone's knowledge or hard work here on this thread as its all far superior than mine, but I love pictures of all things shiney!!!

http://www.google.com./imghp?hl=en&tab=wi

propellah

http://www.google.co...hp?hl=en&tab=wi

:lmao2:

BMNot

Thanks!

I have this and it is NOT a super rep, same reasons as above, the caseback being the most obvious. A true Pro Hunter has a smooth black caseback with a large-font 3 digit number on it (the PH serial no) regardless of model etc.

-Mach

oh really? http://rolex.watchprosite.com/show-nblog.post/ti-500721/

deju

IMHO the BP 5004 isn't much of a super rep. There are two versions of it. One of 'em is very accurate but with no working power reserve. Other one is less acurate but has a working power reserve. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

A "super rep" IWC BP 5004 has been made, with WORKING power reserve. It was sold by Narikaa, I got one via M2M. The currently made rep has flaws as per my diagram HERE:

1373410128_zps603058d6.jpg

-Mach

Mach, mindvision is correct and your picture backs it up.

Your working power reserve dial is in the wrong place. too close to the centre and numbers are cut off at wrong locations.

There is a version with a false PR dial that is accurate to the gen. PR hand can be set to cover the daysi issue and then it looks as the GEN but no working PR.

Personally in both cases I think they would fool 99% of people as only a IWC lover could notice the issues.

But from what I gather from the forums only the non functioning PR version is classed as super rep.

Again personally I think if anyone can call you out on your watch then chances are they are as into fakes as you are... We all have OCD on the details....Gen owners don't care haha

want

Thank you for the effort. This is a fantastic post, and i'm using it as one of my main reference guides! However, I've noticed one problem - the Bell & Ross BR03-92 isnt a super rep. The minute marker problem is a clear tell since it's right on the face - all the minute markers should be the same length, even those next to the face screws (2, 4, 8, 10 o'clock positions)

simey83

Not really...

The utimate, swiss version is?

Olly

The pearl is not good, neither is the insert, Crystal, Dial, Case back, bracelet etc.... It's a nice watch but no where near like the Gen :)

dave1978

that bad?...shit i just paid for one this morn

Cyril_Clunge

that bad?...shit i just paid for one this morn

Relax, I've got one, bloody wonderful watch, probably one of only two that I'd never part with.

dave1978

ta Cyril , had a bad feeling there

Olly

Yer it's a nice watch but no where near the Gen :)

dave1978

Olly u fucking with me then

Olly

Olly u fucking with me then

No mate, there are quite a lot of flaws however that doesn't mean that it isn't a beautiful watch :D

Mcfly

Thank you! That's a huge help.