Sign in to follow this  
letti001

Just received Ceramic PO today..finicky crown

letti001

Just received my Ceramic PO today. It is really a nice watch. The weight is great everything seems good. The crown, however, is very finicky.

I can unscrew the crown easily and then gently pull it out but it does not stop in the positions very readily. I can pull it out to change the time, but when pushing it back in, it does not stop at the first position for the date unless I pull/push while turning a little. Then when done, it does not push down for it to screw or the hands keep moving. I need to push/pull turn jiggle and so on until it just pops into place.

Any tricks?

Sorry if I missed something on the forum. I have done searches and found problems with the crown but just checking for a reasonable solution for this watch and perhaps some more instruction on how to work it correctly.

Thank you very much in advance.

Sal

SSTEEL

Can you see any movement of the dial when you are retracting the crown/stem?

letti001

Can you see any movement of the dial when you are retracting the crown/stem?

Here what I am doing: Unscrew the crown, gently pull it out and able to stop at the calendar stop, adjust the calendar, then gently pull out some more and teh second hand stops and I can adjust the minute/hour hands, unable to pull to a third stop to manually wind it, then I will push it back to the zero position to screw it down again and it just bouces back. I then try again and again and agian and eventually I will feel something catch and the second hand starts moving again and I can screw down the crown..

Then it finally works great. Cannot manually wind it and have trouble getting it to screw down.

BaggyPants

There is no third stop to wind it. Just unscrew it and you can wind it. Then: Pull out to position one = set date. Pull out to position two = set time.

SSTEEL

This^^ The first step after unscrewing crown should be the position for winding the watch.

letti001

The first stop only changes the calendar and I am pulling on it very gently. The next stop is where the time can be changed. Then is is a real challenge to get the crown to screw down again.

SImply, I cannot wind it and have a real tough time getting it to screw down again.

jb77

I have the same kind of "problem". Each time I want to screw down it still change the time. Try to push with a quick push. Sometimes it works better.

letti001

This is the reason I called it finicky. I just need to finagle it back to position.