Sign in to follow this  
nev848

What is the Ultimate DSSD and who sells them.

nev848

Hi fellow collectors

Well only been collecting for 5 weeks and have just received my 5th watch. Love them all.

I purchased a stunning and unmarked WI DSSD from a M2M sale and although the watch is stunning I cannot get on with the loose bezel. I tried the floss fix and this made the bezel worse so removed the floss. Don't get me wrong it does not spin around but is no where near my Latest version OP 8500.

I am now looking for the DSSD ultimate version that I am lead to believe has the better bezel movement.

Does anyone know where I can pick one of these up from please. I have searched our TD section but cannot decided if these are the latest Ult version.

Thanks in advance.

dvdphile

Your local Rolex AD :giggle:

Y30BAD

+1

jeffw69

Ultimate is sold by Rolex.

And yes, I'm having deja vu every time you start a thread. :picard:

nev848

Sorry Jeff

I promise not to start a thread about watches ever again.

greg_r

All of the current DSSD reps have flaws. Arguably the best is BK's modded noob DSSD (the mod relates to the datewheel), but I can't in all honesty say that I think it's worth the extra over either of the current so-called 'Ultimate' DSSDs (noobfactory or BP either should be available from most dealers including WI, Toro, Josh, MR etc...).

To be honest, I'd be inclined to stick with what you have.

nev848

Thanks Greg for a sensible answer and much appreciated.

All the best.

Steve227

5th watch? Don't remember 5 pics? Always nice to give back.

nev848
5th watch? Don't remember 5 pics? Always nice to give back.

Now don't be mean.....

Good reason for that as I ordered a new Ceramic Sub 5 weeks ago and still waiting for it to arrive and this was going to be my first review.

All my watches have been from M2M sales and even though I have thanked each and every one of them personally I was going to photograph the collection and once again thank them on the open forum. This will be done.

One of the main reasons is a high percentage of users on this site look for conflict rather than being helpful or supportive and looking at the beatings given to the likes of Rolex Rudy I thought it best to learn more before posting my first review.

Cheers

Nev

deju
Ultimate is sold by Rolex:

Going by the title, this is the correct answer.

I don't want to be mean but do some reading... I don't even want a DSSD but know roughly the offerings and various flaws of versions available from reading posts on the forum.

Good luck in your quest! Remember all reps have flaws, pick one with the flaws you can live with :)

nev848

Thanks Deju

Have done loads of reading but not sure if I have the latest as some of the threads are a few months old.

This all came about from the seller who sold me this watch as he wanted the Ult version.

But my quest has been futile to date. Obviously the Gen is the Ultimate but I would not be on this site if that's the route to go.

Maybe the fun is keep buying until I find my Holy Grail.

ticktickboom

TC is hinting of one down the road, why not hold out to see if it comes to fruition? buy something different until then.

nev848
TC is hinting of one down the road, why not hold out to see if it comes to fruition? buy something different until then.

Thanks for the heads up. As I said love the one I have and even compared it to the Gen today in Watches of Switzerland and to be fair you would have to make the things to spot the difference when it's on your wrist.

12lurk

It is possible to make your existing bezel tighter, but it requires some DIY surgery skills. Basically, you need to pop off the whole bezel mechanism (insert and the steel ring it goes into) off of the watch by inserting a thin screw driver below the bezel and slowly prying all the way around. Tape your watch before doing this as you will slip and scratch it otherwise.

After the bezel is off you will see a thin ring that sits below the bezel, which has three prongs, these prongs need to be bent up more than they are (tip of prong should be in line with bottom of crystal to engage properly).

As well if your bezel has some "play" up and down then you will need to attach a gasket to the bottom of the ring to stack it higher. I found one layer of thick electrical tape or thick packing tape does the trick.

When reassembling make sure the ring (which goes on before you snap on the bezel) lines up with the hole at the top of the case and that the prong that goes into the hole is fully engaged.

Then lastly just snap on the bezel and you have a gen like (not as tight but almost as good as the gen) bezel feel.

kosmo_pam

I think people are getting deja vu everytime you post!

nev848
It is possible to make your existing bezel tighter, but it requires some DIY surgery skills. Basically, you need to pop off the whole bezel mechanism (insert and the steel ring it goes into) off of the watch by inserting a thin screw driver below the bezel and slowly prying all the way around. Tape your watch before doing this as you will slip and scratch it otherwise.

After the bezel is off you will see a thin ring that sits below the bezel, which has three prongs, these prongs need to be bent up more than they are (tip of prong should be in line with bottom of crystal to engage properly).

As well if your bezel has some "play" up and down then you will need to attach a gasket to the bottom of the ring to stack it higher. I found one layer of thick electrical tape or thick packing tape does the trick.

When reassembling make sure the ring (which goes on before you snap on the bezel) lines up with the hole at the top of the case and that the prong that goes into the hole is fully engaged.

Then lastly just snap on the bezel and you have a gen like (not as tight but almost as good as the gen) bezel feel.

Thanks for the info. I have heard that you need to be super careful when removing the bezel as these can be easily warped. Maybe I will live with it as it is for now as I don't want to knacker it up.

fikeies
:popcorn:

nev848

I think people are getting deja vu everytime you post!

eb3c89da96b361bd51d83b5861084ebe_zpsc86337fa.jpg

mgalan

At present the best replication is www.swss.cc DSSD and second www.timeshop.net

swss.cc/g...35+Replica.html

http://timeshops.net...eta-2836-2.html

* MultiQuote

* Edit

trailboss99

Keep the one you have but send it off to Kenny for a spa treatment and lume.

trailboss99

* MultiQuote

* Edit

WTF? Are you shilling for those over priced pirates????

The DSSD they have (swss.cc/goods-1555-Rolex+1%3A1+Edition+Seadweller+Swiss+No+3135+Replica.html) listed is just a noobfactory model at well over twice the price! Every word on that site is pure bullshit! Swiss craftsmanship my arse, the things are made in China like all the others and are in fact the same watches out TDs sell for a fraction of their prices.

Now, pull your fucking head in, stop shilling or piss off!

ShadyManc

+1, if TC works his magic on the DSSD then this will 100% be the one to wait for. My TC Sub is truly awesome.

gran

* MultiQuote

* Edit

WTF? Are you shilling for those over priced pirates????

The DSSD they have (swss.cc/goods-1555-Rolex+1%3A1+Edition+Seadweller+Swiss+No+3135+Replica.html) listed is just a noobfactory model at well over twice the price! Every word on that site is pure bullshit! Swiss craftsmanship my arse, the things are made in China like all the others and are in fact the same watches out TDs sell for a fraction of their prices.

Now, pull your fucking head in, stop shilling or piss off!

noob.jpg