Sign in to follow this  
SSTEEL

Tudor Panda Black Bezel Chronograph, Pure Sexy!

SSTEEL

Spotted this over on TRF, and fell in love with it, so quickly searched around for the rep version, but sadly I cannot find one. So looks like a possible project for me at some point to make one of these babies. What you think?

P1220193.jpg

Xebryus

I'd fuck it

fatarms

That's beautiful, but I bet it would cost a pretty penny to build that.

JasperB

Just take any rep tag and change the face

James.

looks like a big block or a tiger but I dunno about the band it's on, and the bezel looks really after market. Lemme see if I can point you in the right direction...

SSTEEL

Thanks for that Semaj :) Lovely model.

Dinicol

-Hey, nice detective work Sherlock, sorry I meant Semaj!!!!

cwazy1

this is the same watch that graduates of the Rolex sponsored horological program (2 year program) receive with their name engraved in the caseback if they pass the Rolex certification test.

one of my buddies just got one!

SSTEEL

Cool. I believe its a Tiger.

Corv99

Not a big fan of this brand, but one or two of them starting to grow on me and that is very nice indeed!

jb007

Any developments of a Rep of the Tudor Chronograph. In my view abut a million times sexier than the Rolex Cosmograph (yes, I know, that will draw some serious fire from a lot of you Daytona loyalists.. but just look at the watch..). The version I adore is with an oyster bracelet, WITHOUT the Tiger red label and with black face and white dials (Ref79170).. Pure sexiness. Here's a pic of one I found on the net. Now when is someone going to start making this rep?! I mean it's the most collectible Tudor Chrono out there.. just check the prices. Case is a bit thicker than the Rolex one, and it has the chrono and date complication, but come on, is it that complicated to make?! Sadly I'm new at this game so my skills and knowledge are sorely lacking.. but someone should make it, if only to show that it can be done.

79170-1.jpg

Tits McGee

Spotted this over on TRF, and fell in love with it, so quickly searched around for the rep version, but sadly I cannot find one. So looks like a possible project for me at some point to make one of these babies. What you think?

P1220193.jpg

Beautiful

fetasigma

1971-Tudor-7032-Monte-Carlo1_zps84385905.jpg

most collectable tudor chrono? i dont think so.....do we forget the venerable monte carlo so fast? i am currently working on a Monte carlo build

SSTEEL

Cool, please share photos of your project, would love to see it my friend.

greg_r

Any developments of a Rep of the Tudor Chronograph. In my view abut a million times sexier than the Rolex Cosmograph (yes, I know, that will draw some serious fire from a lot of you Daytona loyalists.. but just look at the watch..). The version I adore is with an oyster bracelet, WITHOUT the Tiger red label and with black face and white dials (Ref79170).. Pure sexiness. Here's a pic of one I found on the net. Now when is someone going to start making this rep?! I mean it's the most collectible Tudor Chrono out there.. just check the prices. Case is a bit thicker than the Rolex one, and it has the chrono and date complication, but come on, is it that complicated to make?! Sadly I'm new at this game so my skills and knowledge are sorely lacking.. but someone should make it, if only to show that it can be done.

Easy enough to rep as that's the default layout for the A7750 movement (albeit functionality is different). The real issue here is whether there's a big enough market for it for the factories to bother - they're not likely to go to the trouble of making one unless they know they can sell a complete batch relatively quickly...

Pretty watch, though.

fetasigma

will do, i will show you what i have so far. currently its off at the modders getting put together. I have a DW case, dw dial, dw sub hands with repainted centers, yuki mains, and a serif date wheel. I also have a really nice aftermarket bracelet to go with it.

here is a pic of all of it, and most importantly the donor watch with the 45 min chrono correct donor movement, found the monecau on ebay for a steal,

look at the premium theese guys are going for, puts that tiger to shame and they are pretty uniqe looking as well. with all the dw parts and yuki parts as well as a gen type movement theese guys are pretty close to the real deal too

null_zpsc0173352.jpg

SSTEEL

Wow, that is going to be SWEEEET my friend :D

fetasigma

yeah i cant wait to get it back, it was funny becuase about 2 months ago i just decided i wanted one and got all the parts together. should be back in my hands any day now

SSTEEL

Thats how it is mate, but with me, I get something into my head, then do the same, but do the work myself. :D

1littlegreen

One similar to this? ;)

I too prefer the non-Tiger 79190 but ended up with this

DSC00061_zps1a4c4ec2.jpg

SSTEEL
SSTEEL

One similar to this? ;)

I too prefer the non-Tiger 79190 but ended up with this

DSC00061_zps1a4c4ec2.jpg

Where did you get this? I prefer the stick dial, but yours looks stunning.

Edited by SSTEEL

1littlegreen

Thanks SS ;)

It was a gift from my ex...I got the better deal :hehehe:

There is another chrono Tiger with shadowed numbers, same model just different end code....79280P59 (mine)

You might want to just grab a gen, they are super reasonable. Builds are fun too, an investment of your time is always worthwhile.

Pretty sure CC and ElvisFreak both have the BB stick versions. Beauties both.

SSTEEL

Thats what I originally planned as they are indeed quite reasonably priced. :)

Lucky you!