Sign in to follow this  
mario24601

Yet Another Pam 11 Noob v3

mario24601

Hi All:

I just received my second rep, I ordered from Toro. Pam 111 Noob v3.

Initial impressions:

· Nice quality, heavier than I thought, seem to be good build quality

· Size, a bit larger than I thought, but it wears smaller than the BR03 I sold (first rep).

· I am not that familiar with Panerais (or is it Pams?) but do not see any big issues, I wanted this just based on looks and so far I’m really liking it.

· The dial numbers are so cool, the 3D cutout effect is nice…this is what I really wanted. Originally I was looking at a Lum Tec but decided on the Pam. Haven’t tired lum yet.

· Leather band is comfortable, I got the Asso XL but seems a bit large on me…its on the second to last hole…what you guys think?

· Watch was packaged well and arrived promptly.

· One con: Buckle does have several superficial wear marks probably happened when Asso band was being installed but not a huge deal I guess.

Questions, this is my first manual watch:

· When winding, should I be hearing a slight clicking sound?

· When I stop winding, is it normal for the crown to move backward a little?

Overall I am happy with the purchase.

Attached are few pictures sorry for quality or overkill. Any opinions?

dsc9263x.jpg

dsc9262a.jpg

dsc9261.jpg

dsc9260a.jpg

dsc9253b.jpg

dsc9251t.jpg

dsc9250z.jpg

dsc9244k.jpg

dsc9240z.jpg

dsc9239u.jpg

dsc9233v.jpg

dsc9232f.jpg

dsc9230o.jpg

Edited by mario24601

replicastuff

Nice choice, the 3d effect is called sandwhich dial - classic pam.

and yes to both your questions.

congrats!

Odyseus

Yes it will click and wind back a little.

On the A6497 movement, you wind until you can't wind no more :) (Charge should last 3 days or so)

Wriggles

Great choice, far better than the B&R you went with first. It is a super watch and you will absolutely love it after a day.

I had been considering the ASSO strap as well, but have started leaning towards the darker straps now. Thats your next step, getting different straps for you new baby, the straps will soon start to cost more than your reps!!! :giggle:

Enjoy and wear it well

mario24601

Thanks all, now I want to find a nice soft strap for it...maybe something that looks like the Asso strap. Any suggestions?

YJFarmer

Nice choice!

746_heuer

Thanks all, now I want to find a nice soft strap for it...maybe something that looks like the Asso strap. Any suggestions?

If it's just the second strap I would lean towards something very different to the clear asso that you have. I have a clear one and my next one will be kind of like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/24mm-Handmade-Dark-Brown-Leather-band-for-Panerai-Luminor-Strap-DIY-Pam112-/121046497675?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

mario24601

Anyone want to trade my rep Asso XL for their reg size? I am on second to the last hole on the XL and I think thats still too loose. I have only worn once around the house to try it so its pretty much new, would like one in similar condition. Thanks.

E.R.

You're really gonna enjoy this one!

Thanks for the pics

kosmo_pam

Yes it will click and wind back a little.

thanks for that info, a friend was showing me his and asked if the 'wind back a little' or bounce back effect was normal, i did a search without any luck... but if you mean that there is a wind back/ bouncing back after each wind then it must be normal. is that what you meant in your reply to OP? or you meant once it was fully wound instead?

sorry OP, didnt mean to hijack here

dr_v

Does everyone pretty much buy a Panerai Luminor for their first rep? I just did too, I figured it's a lot less complex than a chrono, just seconds, minutes, hours and nothing else. I assume the Breitling reps are much harder because of the chrono functions and busyness of the dials.