Sign in to follow this  
fuplayer

Glide Lock Clasp

fuplayer

The different manufacturers have put out some very nice reps of the sub-c. Noob, BP, both with their flaws as evidenced on this board. I have purchased many in the last year all from TD's, however, I've yet to find a decent GL clasp. Even the ones I received from BK have challenges. This is something I hope the factories will address and hope it's an easy fix, but currently detracts from a nice product.

waterluver

What are the issues you are having with them?

frogflyer

Yes, please describe the issues your having with the clasp?

JDCROUSE

I had a problem with my clasp not locking. I would lock it into place, let it go, and the weight of the band would unlock it. So I assume this is a common issue?

JD

frogflyer

I've had three different watches with this clasp with no problems. This is interesting, ;)

fuplayer

I've had problems with the clasp not locking, not very smooth moving back and forth adjusting, and once in place very difficult to release. I've had to take the pliers to a couple. Believe me I know these are reps and appreciate their value but this is the problem I've encountered the most.

TheInthusiest

Same for me, no problems with any of my watches that i have had.

SSTEEL

It is a common problem, and a well known one too. You guys should think yourselves lucky as I too have had a bad GL, but luckily my TD at the time sent me a replacement bracelet.

JDCROUSE

I told my TD about it, he asked me to send him a video of the issue, and after he watched it, told me to send it back. There's a reason why there's a TD list. :-)

SSTEEL

I did the same, re: video, but was sent a replacement bracelet which saved me hassle.

746_heuer

The opposite happened to me, when I first used it its smoothness and reliability surprised me.

g.man

I've got three different DSSD's. All the clasps work flawlessly.

just sayin'

g.man

Libertatia

My BP sub glide lock doesn't work. You can't even open it to allow it to glide. But tbh it doesn't matter as its the right size anyway

HeavyKrush
The opposite happened to me, when I first used it its smoothness and reliability surprised me.
Ditto. Have (3) and all work well. Had to "squeeze" in the edges on one but that was just cosmetic.

scorpion

No issues with the 2 on DSSDs I have had, both worked with amazing smoothness and no play.

zero_deficit

One solution suggested is that from the bottom edge you try to bend the sides of the clasp. Use a vice or something so you don't go overboard with the bending .. half a centimetre should be more than enough.

Someone over on RG had a picture tutorial iirc that seemed to fix it

Socalidol

ive got skinny wrists and the glidelock was able to accomidate me

Sjors

Few weeks ago, i've ordered a Submariner hulk from Joshua, with the same problem. The glide lock didn't lock...

Asked if he could send me a new one. And he did, got it today. But still the same problem, it just won't lock into place...

Dharma

Same question with a Sub C Eta from Trusty; he will send me a new clasp in next order.....grat Andrew!!;-)

LightGeek

Few weeks ago, i've ordered a Submariner hulk from Joshua, with the same problem. The glide lock didn't lock...

Asked if he could send me a new one. And he did, got it today. But still the same problem, it just won't lock into place...

Easy fix. See above post(s).

Dr_Rolex

I had a problem with my clasp not locking. I would lock it into place, let it go, and the weight of the band would unlock it. So I assume this is a common issue?

JD

ive had this problem too with one GL clasp i had when i bought another it did not have that problem so im guessing some have issues and some dont. however nothing a good watchsmith cant fix