Sign in to follow this  
wjalink

Movement broken?

wjalink

Could someone tell me if my watch is broken?

To get it running I shake it a little bit and then I put it on my wrist. But then the watch stops running after a minute or a few minutes.

I received this watch (Breitling Skyland Avenger Blacksteel limited) from Mary last Thursday. I already found it strange that, although it worked the first day, it only continued running for 3 more hours after I put it off before going to sleep...

Can this be fixed?

pollux1

Is the watch "automatic"? If so it utilizes a half moon shape piece of metal on the back of your movement ( inside the watch which is used to power it instead of batteries) to wind a spring which then drives the hands of the watch around. Unless it is worn all the time or hand wound every morning it will stop. Please don't handwind a A7750 too often though as this may lead to problems unless you've had it serviced.

Good luck and nice choice of watch!

wjalink
Is the watch "automatic"? If so it utilizes a half moon shape piece of metal on the back of your movement ( inside the watch which is used to power it instead of batteries) to wind a spring which then drives the hands of the watch around. Unless it is worn all the time or hand wound every morning it will stop. Please don't handwind a A7750 too often though as this may lead to problems unless you've had it serviced.

Good luck and nice choice of watch!

Thanks for the advice! Yes, it is a A7750 movement. I have now set it back to the correct time and noticed that when I open the crown, and before pulling it out to change the date or even further to change the time, I could also rotate the crown and heard a 'winding sound'. Is that the position of the crown in which you can handwind it? It is now already running for 10 minutes, so this probably was the solution.

How often can you rotate the crown for handwinding? Is there a safety inside which prevents it to be overwinded?

Silverspeed

Remove the caseback and check if the rotor spins freely. Sometimes it happens the rotorscrew is turned too tightly...or it can scrape against the caseback.

You can try to gently handwind the watch. Turn the crown about 30 times to fully wind the watch. Pollux is right you don't want to handwind an A7750 too often, the winding gear is easily damaged.Normally an A7750 should have about a 36hours power reserve. If handwinding works it's likely the problem is with the rotor not charging the mainspring. The problems unfortunately happens from time to time and is best

taken care of by a full service. A fully serviced A7750 is usually a bomb proof movement especially with the sec@3 as with the Breitling.

Luthier

If you wear the watch for a full day, it will work for about 40 hours after you'll take it off from your wrist and put it on the shelf. I just bought same Avenger from Mary, and it works perfectly. If I don't wear it for a few days, I wind the spring (50 turns of the crown) once in 2 days, to keep it running. I bet your rotor is not touching the case, Mary's watchsmith checking all watches before shipping.

Great watch, by the way, congrats!!!

Post a few pictures with mandatory wrist shot.

Tanzim Qa'idat al-Jihad

A7750 movement, i hear of this, is very good they sai,

I have save for two years "almost" and this is movement i would like to have, but still too expensive for me. i will have soon enough for my "noobmariner" - this is good too they sya, but less expsensive.

I wish you luck, be safe, and luck with the movemnt, it will be good i am sure.

Thanks!

Tanzim.

Silverspeed

....terrorist business must be slow...if you need to save up for 2 years for a noobmariner :lol:

sconehead

Hey Tanzim, I'm sorry mate but there's no way British customs will allow you to import into this country the three goats you've offered me in exchange for my LV Noobmariner. Try Oscar or JohnG they might consider the trade, regardless of the risks involved, as they both love goats.

Like I said in my pm mate, I'd love to help but it's far too risky, by my calculations, if you save for just one more year, you'll have enough cash and not have to resort to goat rustling, (which could get you into big trouble by the way, I don't know what the penalties are over there but to maybe risk your life for a fake watch seems silly to me!!!)...:(

Silverspeed

That's actually a real shame Scone since the average price for 1 goat is about $70.....

3x $70 = $210 doesn't sound too bad for a Noobmariner....

hey tanzim pm me :( ....oh and don't ask me how I know the average price for a goat

KBH

Tanzim, we'd like to take up a collection and help you buy a nice 7750 powered watch but since you are on the US terrorist watch list we could all get in a lot of trouble. Besides, there are already many rumours about replica watch business funding terrorists. It's better we be careful. Maybe you can get second job in vest making factory...

cybee
....terrorist business must be slow...if you need to save up for 2 years for a noobmariner :)

LoL

This thread has potential.

dmisgod

KABoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooM