Sign in to follow this  
venusbloo

Servicing UK?

venusbloo

I was just thinking :P well sort of...where can you send a rep to be serviced in the UK? I presume some people would be arses about servicing a rep...or is there a member on here who services watches?

greg_r

There's nobody in the UK that I can recommend personally, although many smaller watchsmiths are happy to work on reps (just phone them first, tell them that you have a watch that needs fixing but you don't think it's genuine - it's just of sentimental value :P )

Alternatively Francisco (Italy) and Domi (Germany) are both excellent watchsmiths and can do pretty much anything you're likely to need. Being within the EU, customs shouldn't be an issue. Both are members here and at RWI

Member X

+1 to everything above :lol:

One thing worth noting is that the cheaper Asian movements, usually falling under the 'Asian 21J' title, may present a problem at some places as cheap movements are sometimes cheaper to just replace than actually service!

venusbloo

I've read several of Franciscos articles already and they're really interesting and he makes them look so easy.

I've never thought of going down the route of just replacing a movement and like you say, it would be cheaper than having them serviced!

greg_r

Certainly a 21J isn't really worth servicing. They're only a few bucks anyhow...

Higher quality movements, however, are often worth the effort. Depends on what you've got.