Sign in to follow this  
jard89

Soooo, I took a Rep into a Gen boutique......

jard89

I contemplated throwing this question out prior to going, but I thought you guys might talk me out of it! LOL!

Here's the situation:

I recently purchased a beautiful Breitling Superocean Yellow Chrono from another member on this forum which was originally purchased from Toro. It is an amazing looking watch and has become my daily choice, at least until today when I pick up my PAM 318 from the post office. But it has a stainless steel bracelet and looked a lot like my gen Rolex Sub, so I wanted to change the look and put on the really cool black and yellow gen strap Breitling sells. I was heading to Las Vegas this past weekend and have shopped at the Breitling boutique in the Forum Shops before so knew I could head in there to pick one up. So I did, with the Rep boldly on my wrist.

I was honestly nervous :sad: , because I had no idea what might happen if my Rep was discovered. Would they call the cops, take it away and threaten to call the cops, etc. I was willing to take the risk, since I'd only spent $275 on the thing in the first place.

So I walk in and met with the sales person I had spoken with on the phone who ordered my strap. She was nice and hot as hell BTW, greeted me and eyeballed my wrist. No reaction of any sort, phew! (so far) Next, I needed to try on a different watch with the strap I ordered, since mine had not come in yet, to make sure I would like it on my wrist. So out comes the felt, padded board for me to place my watch upon whilst I try on the Gen watch with the strap I want. So I remove my watch and place it down, and put on the gen. It has the exact same weight and feel! I was totally pumped about that! Then I start to inspect the Gen closely looking for any obvious differences, none to be found! Then she reaches down and picks up my watch and my heart begins to pound. She had noticed a desk dive I earned and ask me how I got it, while she looked over the rest of the watch to see if there were more! Now, I'm thinking "Holy Shit, I'm busted!" But no, she compliments me on my selection and places the watch back down and we close our business of the day. Strap being shipped to me at home, because sadly I cannot stay in Vegas forever.

I don't believe she had any clue whatsoever! That me very happy about my decision to save thousands of dollars and buy some reps! So for the next few hours I went into each boutique of the 7 reps I recently ordered, I have received 5 so far, and compared. These reps we get from TDs are TOP NOTCH. I could not find any glaring differences between mine and theres. Some of the Gens even had rotor noise and wobbling!!

Thank you for reading this and thank you for allowing me to be here and learn about reps and point those of us that are interested in the direction of top quality rep dealers.

I hope you guys enjoyed my story, have an amazing day!

Realism

ok? mr big dick now?

chrish8

bad move I think I have read some other post where members say this is not proper

waterluver

Mercy will it ever stop?!?!?

HWG

bad move I think I have read some other post where members say this is not proper

indeed. I never wear a rep to an AD. and there are tons of threads about it.

fana05

Interesting story. Got called out. What do I do?

homer_sleeping-e1339093186191.jpg

WARBOT

Pretty sure that's a definite no-no. I think you got lucky.

I wouldn't try it a second time around tho.

Wriggles

Foolish. Very foolish. And if you think for one minute she didn't know (or any of the others) that your watch was a rep then you're an even bigger fool than you appear to be.

Did it make you feel cool? cos here you just look like a tool

then again you mentioned in your intro you're a comedian so expect this to end up being a very lame "joke"

waterluver

And if you try it a second time I wouldn't come here and brag about it

jard89

Yeah I'm done, definitely a one time thing. Just had to see though. See, I knew you guys would have talked me out of it.

Realism

Yeah I'm done, definitely a one time thing. Just had to see though. See, I knew you guys would have talked me out of it.

so what would you say if you get called out is the next thread?

NCRich

No real issue. I have worn them into ADs. They really don't care. They just wanna sell you a watch. And the salesperson is usually clueless.

jard89

Not sure I understand your question.

greg_r
The_Meep-500x500.jpg

Realism

No real issue. I have worn them into ADs. They really don't care. They just wanna sell you a watch. And the salesperson is usually clueless.

Like wearing an "IU" Shirt @ Purdue's campus.... why stir the hornet's nest?

fana05

if your cover ever gets blown.. throat punch and then run as fast as possible. or use a piano wire if you don't think you can take out a sales rep with one punch. make sure to leave no witnesses. you do not want to get caught wearing a rep. Ever. Bring a jug of bleach to cover up your traces and wipe the scene where you got called out for prints.

waynu

She definitely knew it was a rep.....just too much class to call you out on it...to your face that is. I would think twice before trying that one again...it's just not cool around here.

sgtguk

Do you think that the beaut sales lady actually knows the tells of your rep, and even if she does would she really want to potentially upset a customer by alleging that it was a rep? I personally don't think it's a great idea go to an AD knowingly to try your luck, don't be an ass and attract more attention to our 'hobby' than it gets already, my 2c :suck:

jard89

Honestly, I needed to see if buying reps is worth it. I can afford most of the watches I want. But why spend the money if I don't have to.

jeffw69

Realism

Honestly, I needed to see if buying reps is worth it. I can afford most of the watches I want. But why spend the money if I don't have to.

ok mr. big dick millionaire?

fana05

Do you live in a 5 million dollar home and recently traded a milgauss for a spot on Toro's list :D ?

jard89

if your cover ever gets blown.. throat punch and then run as fast as possible. or use a piano wire if you don't think you can take out a sales rep with one punch. make sure to leave no witnesses. you do not want to get caught wearing a rep. Ever. Bring a jug of bleach to cover up your traces and wipe the scene where you got called out for prints.

Absolutely, I had the boutique covered by snipers in case I got in trouble.

ok mr. big dick millionaire?

Really?

jard89

Do you live in a 5 million dollar home and recently traded a milgauss for a spot on Toro's list :D ?

No and no

WARBOT

If buying reps weren't worth it you wouldn't be here.

Look around at all the happy members here.

A lot of these guys make more than enough to afford gens and a lot of them do. Yet they also buy reps.

Do your research, buy what you want and enjoy them. Just don't take them to an AD and try and press your luck.