Sign in to follow this  
jard89

Soooo, I took a Rep into a Gen boutique......

Kleen™

Nicely spotted - the font is way off, too and coloring should have a tangerine haze to it....

Chrisby

Nicely spotted - the font is way off, too and coloring should have a tangerine haze to it....

GODDAMN it!! I was told this was a 1:1 rep!! I paid WAAAAY over the odds for this piece! :bollocks:

arancini

This particular one is a Franken...the crystal is Gen, as are the hands. Not sure if the TD's do them...if only we had a TD section on this forum....... :footinmouth:

Awesome. Must see if RepGeek has more on this. They love their Frankens over there.

nyckid

No real issue. I have worn them into ADs. They really don't care. They just wanna sell you a watch. And the salesperson is usually clueless.

Like wearing an "IU" Shirt @ Purdue's campus.... why stir the hornet's nest?

Honestly, I needed to see if buying reps is worth it. I can afford most of the watches I want. But why spend the money if I don't have to.

Dude, every time you give an excuse you make it even worse than it really is. If I could afford any gen of the reps I own, why would I buy reps in the first place? I don't think that makes sense. But anyway, learn your lesson and don't try it again man, is not cool and like sgtguk said and I quote "don't attract more attention to our hobby than it already has"

LightGeek

No real issue. I have worn them into ADs. They really don't care. They just wanna sell you a watch. And the salesperson is usually clueless.

Like wearing an "IU" Shirt @ Purdue's campus.... why stir the hornet's nest?

Honestly, I needed to see if buying reps is worth it. I can afford most of the watches I want. But why spend the money if I don't have to.

Dude, every time you give an excuse you make it even worse than it really is. If I could afford any gen of the reps I own, why would I buy reps in the first place? I don't think that makes sense. But anyway, learn your lesson and don't try it again man, is not cool and like sgtguk said and I quote "don't attract more attention to our hobby than it already has"

This threads has moved wayyyy beyond that now :)

greg_r
Thread_That_Wouldn_t_Die.jpg

yawn

rofl

jard89

Seriously

Realism

Soooo, I took an Orient into a Patek boutique......

Kleen™

- and then what happened? Please elaborate...

Courtesy of the Necro Bump Team

Realism

- and then what happened? Please elaborate...

Courtesy of the Necro Bump Team

they told me their watches cost a lot of money, and I should look at the Hamiltons instead :rofl: