Sign in to follow this  
jard89

Soooo, I took a Rep into a Gen boutique......

jard89

Guys,

Let me be clear. This post is not meant to be a boast. It was meant to highlight the quality of reps we get from TDs, from a noobs perspective. And to also state that I am proud and grateful to be a member of this forum Don't skip the last couple of lines of the OP. That sums it up.

Fair enough :)

We don't like to hear stories like this here but its not the end of the world. Now you know................. Take the heat and move on.........

Indeed

highergame

the only thing I really care about in this whole story is I'd like to see a picture of the sales girl you talked about. Even better if you have a number that I can call

Realism

the only thing I really care about in this whole story is I'd like to see a picture of the sales girl you talked about. Even better if you have a number that I can call

yea... since i am loaded... im going to purchase a breitling from her

reximda

I would guess that the main reason to not do this is to keep help keep this hobby as low profile as possible. Yes, we know the reps are good, that's why we're all here. Flaunting an armful of knock-off may have no effect, or may ever so quietly draw more attention to the problem from the AD perspective. Who knows what the AD's report back to their vendors? The more out of the spotlight we can keep our little hobby, the better.

Yes, and a pic of the salesgirl please.

koalaakabear

Come on now... I mean who was the last person who got caught and went to jail going inside an AD wearing a Rep?

fikeies

Come on now... I mean who was the last person who got caught and went to jail going inside an AD wearing a Rep?

I think its more about protecting the longevity of our hobby, but I just picked up that knowledge from this thread. I never knew it was so frowned upon until now.

jacobarch
GIF_saftey_guy_suicide.gif

dossman50

You guys a ripping this dude a new one . Chill winstonsss! I think he's learnt his lesson !!

Chavezzito

GIF_saftey_guy_suicide.gif

:lmao:

tanweekiat

Take a look at the lume dots and you can tell it's a rep immediately. I think the sales girl just don't want to make you embarrass. Especially when you are only 24 years old.

Wacker23

Waynu that's the best avatar I ever seen. Forget wat I was gonna say.

Frankt8242

The only 'sin" worse than wearing a rep into a gen dealers it to "post a boast" about doing it on a rep forum....

.May the Flying Spaghetti Monster have mercy upon your miserable soul!! :itchyandscratchy::giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

Realism

The only 'sin" worse than wearing a rep into a gen dealers it to "post a boast" about doing it on a rep forum....

.May the Flying Spaghetti Monster have mercy upon your miserable soul!! :itchyandscratchy::giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

so should he had posted this on breitlingsource instead? I think it would go over well... don't cha?

jacobarch

Take a look at the lume dots and you can tell it's a rep immediately. I think the sales girl just don't want to make you embarrass. Especially when you are only 24 years old.

doubt the sales girl noticed. If the rep is a good one you'd have to put them side by side and some times even take them apart to tell the difference.

I seriously doubt some sales person making next to minimum wage would notice or give a shit about a rep watch.

for instance, I brought my TC/BK Rolex sub to my local watch guy to get some things adjusted, he said he thought it was real until he opened the back. He's also some one that works on my gens and reps all the time

Rolexrudy

This is the gayest thread ever ...

jacobarch

:kinkthegaydancer:

Guyute

Here ya go: +1-702-862-4440

;)

jacobarch

;)

I'll let some one else chew you out for posting a phone number on the open forums.

Rav747

No real issue. I have worn them into ADs. They really don't care. They just wanna sell you a watch. And the salesperson is usually clueless.

Like wearing an "IU" Shirt @ Purdue's campus.... why stir the hornet's nest?

IU is better. Obviously. :Bolt:

Realism

No real issue. I have worn them into ADs. They really don't care. They just wanna sell you a watch. And the salesperson is usually clueless.

you need to open a new thread

Rav747

Not a word outta you till we get another BERT review!

Poll?

Realism

Poll?

no need... just old fashioned shit flinging; RWG style :yikes:

Rav747

Poll?

no need... just old fashioned shit flinging; RWG style :yikes:

:lol:

Guyute

;)

I'll let some one else chew you out for posting a phone number on the open forums.

I can't see why posting a link for the Vegas Breitling boutique would possibly be an issue...I mean seeing as it's readily available. ;)

Jetpac

Wow, people getting so worked up about it. funny stuff.

Wearing a rep into a boutique who gives a damn. sales staff on the whole probably wouldn't be able to tell on the whole.

Who gives a crap. We buy the watches because we like the design and we like the brands and we like to be seen wearing them (if vanity wasn't even a little bit of the case then people wouldn't be so anal about being close to the gen and the like, I buy because i love the designs and cant afford then gens... do i like the some of the compliments i receive, of course, do i try and pass it as a gen?... if i get asked i tell, if not i let it ride)

I wouldn't go flaunting it about, but i wouldn't think twice about walking into a boutique/AD with one on, i certainly wouldn't take it off before hand. They cannot seize the watch, nor can they detain you. As for the drawing attention.. there have been rep/fake watches as long as there have been desirable brands.. it is not exactly a new or hidden thing.

People need to chill out and give people a break!