Sign in to follow this  
deadlock23

Rolex GMT Master II Ceramic from Mary

deadlock23

I just finalized my order with Mary from Watch-International, and I wanted to thank Mary for her patience and help throughout the buying process. I am new to this forum, and although I own replicas already, this is the first time I am buying something online from Mary.

I have been really obsessed with the GMT II Master II lately, so obsessed I almost spend $6500 on the watch at the local store, but I could not go through with it, at least not now in life. I started researching replicas, because the Breitling Bentley that I have is such a good replica (but not as good as it could be) I figured there must be some really authentic looking really well built watches out there.

I stumbled on this forum and as they say, it's history from there on.

Here are some pictures Mary sent me of the GMT Master II with the ceramic bezel, and the ETA 2836-2 movement. This model was from a "better" factory than most according to Mary.

rolex1.JPG

rolex2.JPG

rolex3.JPG

rolex4.JPG

rolex5.JPG

Overall, I had a fantastic experience thus far, looking forward to getting the watch sometime this week, and I will update with plenty of pictures.

Edited by deadlock23

AllergyDoc

Looks good.

scope

Good looking watch, Congrats! Mary has done it again!

deadlock23

Thanks, wondering anyone with a rep Rolex use it as a daily watch? How badly will the bracelet look with day to day use?

Member X

Depends what you do day to day :rofl: lol :D

Looks great, I have to say :(

I assume it's incorrect handstack?

deadlock23
Depends what you do day to day :D lol :Whistle:

Looks great, I have to say :giggle:

I assume it's incorrect handstack?

To be honest, I am not sure about the handstack at all, but I emailed Mary to find out.

I work in an office, on a keyboard most of the day, so day to day would mean the bracelet would be touching my desk a lot while I type.

I guess I am wondering how reliable the materials are used to make the case and the bracelet, and is the band on the watches hollow or solid?

JoeyB
Thanks, wondering anyone with a rep Rolex use it as a daily watch? How badly will the bracelet look with day to day use?

That is the one I got from Mary, you will be very pleased. For every day wear you will see the tiny scratches in the polished center of the bracelet, mine were mostly in the clasp. I've since put the 'Glide-Loc' clasp from the DSSD on it, and polished the center. It's not 'correct', but I like the way it works better and it fits the look of the watch. I do love this watch.

deadlock23

I just looked at some close ups of the gen on eBay, and it seems the handstack is off on my rep. I am kind of disappointed about that because I wanted it to look as genuine as possible. So now I either have to live with it, or try to see if Mary will replace it for me. Unfortunately, she already shipped it out.

JoeyB
I just looked at some close ups of the gen on eBay, and it seems the handstack is off on my rep. I am kind of disappointed about that because I wanted it to look as genuine as possible. So now I either have to live with it, or try to see if Mary will replace it for me. Unfortunately, she already shipped it out.

It is the 'incorrect hand stack' which is substantially more reliable the the 'CHS'. I've had mine in the Rolex Store in Waikiki, the owner held it in his hand and didn't know it was a rep. The genuine gets scratches much the same as the rep, the owner volunteered to buff it out for me at no charge.

I really think you'll be pleased with it.

deadlock23

According to these pictures, the handstack should be as follows from bottom up:

Hour hand, GMT hand, minute hand, second hand.

On the watch Mary has shipped out, if those are the actual pictures like she told me they were, the GMT hand is below the hour hand, which means you will not see the entire GREEN arrow when it is under the hour hand.

Gen Pic

eBay Link

Edited by deadlock23

deadlock23
It is the 'incorrect hand stack' which is substantially more reliable the the 'CHS'. I've had mine in the Rolex Store in Waikiki, the owner held it in his hand and didn't know it was a rep. The genuine gets scratches much the same as the rep, the owner volunteered to buff it out for me at no charge.

Joey, why are the CHS models less reliable?

JoeyB

Just as you don't see the entire GMT hand when it's under the minute hand with either watch. For me, the $6,200 difference is worth a minute or so.

JoeyB

Joey, why are the CHS models less reliable?

It's more technical than I know, but they have to set up the gearing differently. Some have had no problem with the CHS model, but far more have had major problems with them.

JoeyB

Ooops, I forgot your other question! It is solid end links and solid bracelet links.

deadlock23

Thanks a lot for the responses, I appreciate your insight....I guess I have to get the watch and see before I can conclude if I really like it or not.

deadlock23

To make everything even more confusing, Mary just emailed me telling me it is the CHS model. Which means the pictures she sent me are wrong and I have a "less" reliable version of the watch according to what Joey said, or those pictures are correct and I have the incorrect stack but a more reliable rep!!

JoeyB

Under the guise of 'no good deed goes unpunished', I'd suggest you wait until it comes and go from there. If you do get a CHS and it does fail, Mary will certainly take care of you on it. If it doesn't fail you will have what you had hoped for. If it is the ICHS you will have a very fine watch.

You can't lose.

meetbharat123

How much did the watch cost you?

Luthier

You'll love this watch since you'll open the box, and my GMT with CHS served me perfectly as a daily beater for more than a year, without any malfunction. It's great watch, with great mov't, from great dealer.

AllergyDoc

She may be confused. I didn't think the correct handstack version of this watch was still being made.

I had a CHS version and I played with the jumping GMT hand and screwed up the movement. I recommend that you don't do that to your watch.

It's a great replica--you'll be pleasantly surprised. I would get another one but I have a WM9 Sub and felt they're too similar.

deadlock23
I had a CHS version and I played with the jumping GMT hand and screwed up the movement. I recommend that you don't do that to your watch.

It's a great replica--you'll be pleasantly surprised. I would get another one but I have a WM9 Sub and felt they're too similar.

Can you elaborate? I want to know what I should or shouldn't do when I get this piece. Is there a special way of adjusting the GMT hand?

Luthier

Yes, there's one extra click on the crown pull out.

First click is date, second - GMT hand, third - time, if I remember correctly.

deadlock23

I understand there is extra control on the crown for the GMT, just wanted to know if there is something I shouldn't do like AllergyDoc mentioned that might ruin the movement.

AllergyDoc

Just don't play with the GMT hand too much. You can adjust the time, date, etc., when you need to but don't fiddle with the GMT hand unless you really need to, as in traveling.

NFleischer

You dont have to worry about CHS/IHS not a soul in the real world has a clue about that stuff.

all the little flaws we talk about here mean nothing (ex. tall cannon pin on PAM). Only we 'WIS' Geeks know about these things.

Enjoy the watch; its very nice for the $$$.

BTW- I just ordered my first watch from Mary, a Pro Hunter PVD DSSD. I hope to get it soon.

She is very nice to work with, but I have to say that her prices are about the same as most dealers.

the only dealer who seems to be much cheaper is PWC. especially for clearance stuff. i don't think that he gets the really hi-end reps

and the service is only poor-fair. IMO