Sign in to follow this  
deadlock23

Rolex GMT Master II Ceramic from Mary

Member X

Deadlock - I understand that if you set the GMT once (and gently! lol) then leave it at that setting, as long as you don't play with it from there it should be fine for a longer period of time than if you play with it regularly... :)

deadlock23

Thanks, I will update when I get the watch....

For those who have had this GMT watch, the GMT hand is 1/2 the speed of the regular hour hand and is fully functional, correct?

Thanks again for all the info.

deadlock23
How much did the watch cost you?

A tad over the $300 mark

alistairw

:wacko:

If you have a chance check out the By-Tor review area, I'm sure he has reviewed the GMT and goes into some detail on the hand stack.

By the way lovely watch.

I have a Black Sub (ceramic bezel, eta, with same band as yours) purchased ex Mary. Photos are in the Rolex review section, I wear this most days and have only a few small scatches on the centre high polished section of the band.

I recently put a decent scratch on the clasp, I managed to polish it off with Auto metal polishing stuff (I think it is called Autosol), worked a treat. My view is may as well wear the watch and enjoy it, a few scratches give it that worn look, it worse comes to worse, just buy another to keep in the draw which isn't worn at all!

deadlock23
:cry:

If you have a chance check out the By-Tor review area, I'm sure he has reviewed the GMT and goes into some detail on the hand stack.

By the way lovely watch.

I have a Black Sub (ceramic bezel, eta, with same band as yours) purchased ex Mary. Photos are in the Rolex review section, I wear this most days and have only a few small scatches on the centre high polished section of the band.

I recently put a decent scratch on the clasp, I managed to polish it off with Auto metal polishing stuff (I think it is called Autosol), worked a treat. My view is may as well wear the watch and enjoy it, a few scratches give it that worn look, it worse comes to worse, just buy another to keep in the draw which isn't worn at all!

Can you link me to the By-Tor review area as well as the Rolex review, I am having a hard time finding those forums.

dmisgod

gr8 rep youll have a nice suprise when you recieve it, although for day 2 day use I wear my Ulitmate SD, it's more women-friendly :cry:

macscac

good choice on a rolex..

i love my gmtIIc. i wear it quite often.

like everyone else has stated, the incorrect handstack is more reliable.

and honestly... who on earth is going to hold your watch so close to their eye to even notice how the hands are stacked?

and who really knows the proper handstack anyway?

we, on these rep forums, tend to know WAY more than any gen owner..

btw, brush out those midlinks!! tool watches should not be polished!!

have fun! they are great

rolex3.jpg

Edited by macscac

insipid

Congrats its a real beauty, I love mine. Been wearing it non stop since i got it lol

JustinCase

Hello deadlock23,

I have followed with some amusement the string of posts concerning your yet-to-be-delivered Rep of Rolex GMT II. LOL, you guys are obsessed! I have a few comments that I hope you take in the positive spirit they are made:

1. The best way to thank Mary--and any dealer for that matter--is to be patient yourself. She gets tons of emails every day and she has to remember every customer so too many emails from the same person would just confuse the issues. Let the transaction take its course. These things take time. Wait until you get the watch than you can make an informed decision.

2. When buying replicas, it helps to do some homework first. You cannot rely entirely on the dealer to educate you: they can afford to focus just so much time on one customer--Mary is better than most--and you cannot expect them to be completely objective. And then there is a small language problem as well--try yourself to conduct the transaction in Chinese and you will begin to appreciate the difficulty--and the inevitable limitations of emails (compared to face-to-face or phone conversation). It's what you don't know that you don't know that causes the most problem. It pays to do some homework.

3. Replicas have come a long way since the days of fake Rolex at New York city. We are way past the hollow bracelets and feather-light cases. The SS used to make the replica watches and bracelets are pretty close to the real thing. So stop worrying about cheap steels scratching more that expensive steels and things like that. Yes,there are many different types of steels but we are not taking about Samurai-sword making here. All SS watches scratch about the same (SS hardness on the MOHS scale is about 5-8; aluminum rates about 3; glass 5-6; and diamond 10). All SS scratch. The clasp on my genuine Rolex scrathes just as badly as the clasp on my rep Rolex.

4. I would not obsess so much about every single detail. If you have to look at close-up pictures to tell the difference, believe me 99% of the people would not be able to tell the difference and, more important, most don't care about watches any way. Reps are looking closer and closer to the genuine watches but they are not identical. The reps this year are better than the ones last year, but not as good as the ones next year. And it goes one and on like that song from "Titanic." But we both know the mvt in the rep is not anywhere close to the mvt of the genuine Rolex. So, why obsess about minor superficial details!

Heck, you paid $300 for a $6,000 watch. That ain't bad. If it breaks, buy a new one. You can buy 20 of them for the cost of a genuine watch.

Enjoy!

Luthier

+1M

deadlock23

Hey guys,

So I got the watch yesterday, and its everything I expected, except there is one problem I am trying to work out with Mary. As soon as she gets back to my last email I will fill you in on what is going on. Overall the watch is as described, quality is surprisingly very high, detail is great, looks like it will be a great daily watch for me. I have played with the GMT hand, it seems ok, except I noticed it clicks at the 6 O'clock position, it rotates only in one direction, which is what is should be doing with the modded ETA Swiss movement to accommodate the 4th hand.

The date bubble looks great, I was at Tornue the other day starring at the gen, and this rep looks very very good. One thing I just noticed is there is a serial on the bottom of the inner bezel on the gen where the ROLEXROLEXROLEX engravings are, I saw some great pics on eBay, but I need to confirm that on the rep, if it doesn't have it that is fine too since its not something easily read when glancing at the dial.

Pictures coming soon.

ebzen02

Enjoy that beauty!!!

deadlock23

So who in the US, preferably not too far from NYC can do a dial swap? I might need to hack up my watch already, just looking for someone who can switch out the dial for me if it comes to that....help appreciated.

Edited by deadlock23