Sign in to follow this  
KBH

WM9 Sea Dweller News

KBH

I just lifted this from Natty290 on RG. Hope he doesn't mind.

For those that have been patiently waiting over a year for the new WM9 Sea Dweller, apparently this is the latest update:

Dear Sir:

Thank you for your email. We have good news

We have finally completed the project by early April.

The steps that follow project completion is pilot run, assembling, and testing.

We are now assembling and testing the first batch of orders.

This watch due to it's more complex nature, would require longer

assembling hours.

Shipment will slowly be made out in the order it was received.

Right now we are estimating a mid May shipment date on your batch.

Please let me know if there is any question and I'd be glad to assist you.

**In order to avoid emails being filtered or blocked as Spam, please reply directly to this email. DO NOT CREATE A SEPARATE NEW EMAIL.**

Thank you. Have a wonderful day!

George

Watchmaker9 support team

www.Watchmaker9.tv

ebzen02

OMFG!!! I might have mine come my birthday in June (or Christmas)!! This is great super dupper news! I have been waiting since Jan of 2009 for these!

Member X

Oooooooooooooooooooh, this is good news!!

I won't hold my breath on getting it anytime before september, mind...

I now have to find some money to pay for it! lol

ebzen02

Man.. I paid mine in full months ago..So I am anxious for mine..

Member X

I had paid mine too but then I asked to move the money to a blue cerachrome Sub as I was getting impatient to get something :rainingshit: lol

Gotta find the money for the SD now! :)

DeepDiver73

is this this the same sea dweller as listed on WM9's site as WM9 2009 rolex SD 2009?

if so could somebody please PM me the price and let me know if its case of dealing directly or otherwise... thank you

cheerz

bob

Tressles61
is this this the same sea dweller as listed on WM9's site as WM9 2009 rolex SD 2009?

if so could somebody please PM me the price and let me know if its case of dealing directly or otherwise... thank you

cheerz

bob

57th and Broadway for $50. Looks and works the same but much cheaper!

pollux1

looking forward to getting mine, whenever it comes along. I'm not in any rush I just hope it lives up to the wait.

DeepDiver73

cheerz

bob

do they deliver..... :thumbsup2:

KBH

cheerz

bob

Sheesh! That's not polite.

Deep Diver, the cost now is $675 but they were 50% off earlier in the pre-order program. Forget about getting one unless you can wait for at least another 6 months though. BKLM1234 is the distributor for the forums, but I think in this case you might get it faster direct from George directly at WM9.

KBH

By the way. This is the latest from BK when asked if he had been invoiced for SD parts (he was waiting for an invoice to pay and have them shipped):

no invoice yet.

George said before the production of the SD components is slow. Let's keep on waiting. It'll be great when it's released like all other wm9 watches such as YM, v2, v3 black, LV, TT. BTW, I'll start shipping the TTs in less than 2 weeks. You'll see how good it is.

-bk

So, it's still a long way away.......... :thumbsup2:

DeepDiver73
Deep Diver, the cost now is $675 but they were 50% off earlier in the pre-order program. Forget about getting one unless you can wait for at least another 6 months though. BKLM1234 is the distributor for the forums, but I think in this case you might get it faster direct from George directly at WM9.

thanks for the speedy reply.... based on the pics on WM9's site its a stunning looking watch.... when this version becomes more readily available will this version be the best rep version of the SD?

having looked at the selection available from trusted dealers, and also picking up the fact the the SSD, seems to be the one to look out for... how else do you decide that watch "A" is a better version/deal etc from watch "B"? eventually price comes will be a deciding factor i guess. at the moment i'm trying to get my head round RA's movement thread that was a recommended read.

cheerz

bob

KBH

As far as I know there's only one manufacturer of the SSD. There's an early version V1, and the current V2. The difference in pricing now is only based on the movement you choose, and which dealer and how much he marks it up.

I have the original v1 with Swiss Eta and it's been working great for about 3 years now.

Also, I don't really agree with that much of RA's analysis of movements, but that's another long story.

ebzen02
By the way. This is the latest from BK when asked if he had been invoiced for SD parts (he was waiting for an invoice to pay and have them shipped):

no invoice yet.

George said before the production of the SD components is slow. Let's keep on waiting. It'll be great when it's released like all other wm9 watches such as YM, v2, v3 black, LV, TT. BTW, I'll start shipping the TTs in less than 2 weeks. You'll see how good it is.

-bk

So, it's still a long way away.......... :wacko:

This is painful!! Definitely, thinking 2 years now. Guess we'll try again this Christmas :blue-screen-of-death:

bklm1234

It's a painful wait I know. Let me assure your money is safe with me or with George. wm9 has delivered the v2 black sub, v3 black, LV, and TT, and YM. There's no reason it can't deliver the SD. Granted it's a much harder watch to make. George told me last week he's channeling more capacity to making the SD components. He's making less v3's as a result. Getting there...

-bk

ebzen02
It's a painful wait I know. Let me assure your money is safe with me or with George. wm9 has delivered the v2 black sub, v3 black, LV, and TT, and YM. There's no reason it can't deliver the SD. Granted it's a much harder watch to make. George told me last week he's channeling more capacity to making the SD components. He's making less v3's as a result. Getting there...

-bk

Not a problem. Most here understand how complex it is to get it right. We'll just keep buying more reps in the meantime...