Sign in to follow this  
cmak

Stauer Watches

cmak

Looking for opinions on Stauer watches. Anyone on this forum look at these or purchased any? What do you think of them?

dingle

pretty cool watches although I don't know if anyone here owns any. :)

welcome to RWG by the way :rainingshit:

sconehead

I'm not 100% sure on this but I do recall us discussing this maker (I think) a long while ago...opinion wasn't good as I remember, perhaps someone with a better memory than me can chime up...:)

greg_r

Stauer watches are also available under other names - several Astbury models are identical to Stauer - but they're usually cheaper :).

They're often very attractive but tend to be rather overpriced for what they are (most of the autos are 21Js)

Brian1024

I actually own one, and it was pretty nice for my first automatic. It was the Noir model. Prettly dressy tho. The "leather" strap sucks though.

Baldrick

Standard 21j Asian movements, some of which are actually quite 'complicated', the Daniel Roth homage looks quite nice, but I wouldn't expect any great finish on any of these!

Marcus

OK so this is my first post. I own a 1901 Skeleton and a 1779 skeleton. Both are quite nice; the 1779 uses fairy standard movement and the 1901 has 4 complications. Both have gold filled cases. They are nice watches, with reasonable acuracy (both in the region of + 5 to 10 seconds a day, but I prefer my Bvlgari Titanium Tourbillon and Patek Philippe Grand Complication Skeleton replica.

greg_r
OK so this is my first post. I own a 1901 Skeleton and a 1779 skeleton. Both are quite nice; the 1779 uses fairy standard movement and the 1901 has 4 complications. Both have gold filled cases. They are nice watches, with reasonable acuracy (both in the region of + 5 to 10 seconds a day, but I prefer my Bvlgari Titanium Tourbillon and Patek Philippe Grand Complication Skeleton replica.

Sounds like an interesting collection - would love to see pics :custardpie:

Welcome to RWG! :)

Marcus

Thank you. As a side note, I believe the movements used by Stauer are the same used in Orkina/Goer watches seen on eBay

greg_r

Hmm - depends on the watch. Yes, Stauer mostly use 21Js as do Orkina, but they're generally of slightly higher quality - Orkina mostly uses really bottom-rung stuff...