Sign in to follow this  
xyzsam

WI 42 PO rotor issues

xyzsam

Hey all,

I ordered a 42 UPO from WI a week or two ago. First off, business with Mary and Rochest was a great experience and they're very responsive in answering any questions. :)

I'm finding that the rotor on my PO doesn't wind the mainspring sufficiently to let the watch run through the night. I end up winding it by hand about 10 times each day, which will get me through about 16-20 hours of use. The rotor does work - when I gently shake the watch I can hear it winding the mainspring and when the watch is dead shaking it revives the watch for a little bit. Has anyone else had this issue? The movement is an A4813 21J.

Mary told me to wind it 40 times, and I could do that, but it would take awhile - I wind pretty slowly to be careful - and it seems to me like the watch would eventually die after a few days anyways even if I did that with normal usage.

Thanks!

Olly

Sounds like what happened to my PO, send it back so the factory can replace it. It would have passed QC because they only check if the thing ticks.

flyr

Sounds like the clutch is slipping, it's up to you if you can put up with giving it a wind in the morning or not. If you have more than one and no winder they will be stopped anyway when you put them on. :suck:

xyzsam

Do you have a winder? Did it more or less address this issue? I just purchased one and so we'll see if it helps or not.

xyzsam

Sorry for digging up this old thread. I thought I'd post the results in case other people ran into the same issue.

I bought a winder and used it for about a week without any issue. Then I decided to stop using the winder to see what would happen. To my delight, my PO has been running off the winder for several weeks now without a single manual wind! I suspect that the mainspring was too stiff initially and using the winder for a week loosened it slightly so that normal use would wind it sufficiently. I still keep my winder around just in case, but I don't even wear the watch at night, and it's chugging along.

DG335

Nice follow up. Just shows that its not worth reacting to some issues until you've lived with the rep for a while. Other first timers to the forum would have ranted and raved about poor TD service...

Well done!

R1evans
Nice follow up. Just shows that its not worth reacting to some issues until you've lived with the rep for a while. Other first timers to the forum would have ranted and raved about poor TD service...

Well done!

+1,advice taken,problem solved.

daeffy

Sorry for digging up this old thread. I thought I'd post the results in case other people ran into the same issue.

I bought a winder and used it for about a week without any issue. Then I decided to stop using the winder to see what would happen. To my delight, my PO has been running off the winder for several weeks now without a single manual wind! I suspect that the mainspring was too stiff initially and using the winder for a week loosened it slightly so that normal use would wind it sufficiently. I still keep my winder around just in case, but I don't even wear the watch at night, and it's chugging along.

Hmmm...awesome solution. I should try this on my white SA and see if it works. Thanks for the tip!

xyzsam

Glad to help!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2