Sign in to follow this  
lildaddym

Can anyone positively identify this movement?

AllergyDoc

Hell no.

lildaddym

From what I understand, it's a Eta 803.121 movement...good reference material...

cybee

It says Eta and also Thailand Movement with a battery made in Germany :woo: B) :facepalm:

Heck we can't even positively identify movements we've had for several years in our reps :)

Luthier
It says Eta and also Thailand Movement with a battery made in Germany :woo: B) :facepalm:

Heck we can't even positively identify movements we've had for several years in our reps :)

It's quartz.

Not many people buy quartz reps.

So, nobody, actually, care.

lildaddym

I think you're wrong...most reps ARE quartz...but that's another subject. I stand to be corrected...

By the way though, once I get the crown out of it...I will have a rep Rolex Submariner face and hands for sale, along with the case...

It says Eta and also Thailand Movement with a battery made in Germany :facepalm::woo::Shocked:

Heck we can't even positively identify movements we've had for several years in our reps :huh:

It's quartz.

Not many people buy quartz reps.

So, nobody, actually, care.

trailboss99

Some of us care.

As stated above it's a Thai production ETA 803.121

Linge: 8 ¾

Dia: 19.4

Height: 3.65

Jewels: 0

Hours, minutes, centre seconds & day/date

Plastic case.

Col.

lildaddym

Hey, Col.,

Any idea how to remove the stem?

Some of us care.

As stated above it's a Thai production ETA 803.121

Linge: 8 ¾

Dia: 19.4

Height: 3.65

Jewels: 0

Hours, minutes, centre seconds & day/date

Plastic case.

Col.

trailboss99

Can't tell from that pic but there will be a little button or lever near the stam that must be depressed or moved sideways to release it. Just a matter of poking around until ya find it mate.

Col.

Luthier
I think you're wrong...most reps ARE quartz...but that's another subject. I stand to be corrected...

Yes, if you're talking about $50-$100 replicas, and even in this price range only about 50% are quartz powered, rest - mechanical 21J movements.

Quartz mov't easily indentify watch as "replica", because seconds hand ticking, not sweeping.

trailboss99

Well, most reps are indeed quartz if you include all the canal street stuff bound for Africa and the Middle East but at our end of the market most are mechanical. Remember the stuff we buy is the upper 5% of what is available.

Col.

prestigewatchco

Well Luthier if as you say not many people buy quartz the factories are about to get it completely wrong!

There are far more new watches coming out of factories at the moment that are quartz

These new quartz have sapphire and similar cases and bands to the 7750 watches

They are currently selling about 5 times as well as the 7750 watches maybe because they are around 30% of price and people are sick to death of problems with 7750 chrono movements.

In any event they are selling very well and in quantity which is all the factories are really concerned about