Sign in to follow this  
reximda

Details of a tricky new scam on RG

reximda

Not sure about copying and pasting the entire text of the post, but here's a link;

http://bit.ly/124GYt7

I'll PM the dude over there and ask his permission to repost.

M4rtin

I remember reading about it when it first came out.

That is actually pretty well thought out scam, I give props to the scammer for making this up, but karma will eventually bite him in the arse :P

reximda

Ha, oh yeah, I just noticed the OP is not so new after all. Still though, interesting reading, and a good cautionary tale.

timetech08

that place supports dishonesty ;)

reximda

It does seem a little Wild West over there. I only joined because they have a gen trade area too.

Xebryus

I believe he's getting his money back. I might be wrong though. Same guy scammed a guy for a AP I believe

reximda

According to the thread, he got a little reciprocity from the TD that the scammer used as a pawn in the scam.

tanweekiat

A perfect scam to get huge discount from the TD if you see it this way.

You make up this story, first send payment to the TD, fire a Pp dispute against the TD and send him this story and cancel the dispute. Next talk to the TD stating both of them are victim to this scam. And viola! Huge discount after the TD agreed to return you their share (profit). And I'm not saying the OP at RG did this. I'm just saying the TDs have to beware of such acts as well. Not only to the buyer, but the TDs as well.

conx

If the original payment made was enough to buy the watch including shipping from Andrew, then he was over paying for a watch from M2M in my opinion. In some respects the buyer was the architect of his own problem because he didn't know the list price of the watch from a dealer. I would never pay list in m2m, even if it was a catch and release.

This is also symptomatic of the inflated prices in m2m at the geek - I never shop there for this reason.

James.

Old news but a stoic warning, still.

gtwc

For those of us who do not have access to RG (moi for one) could someone please either reprint the story in full

or at least the gist of it !

It sounds interesting - but I don't know what it is !

:giggle:

James.

I think, and will fully retract if wrong, the op on rg is our Baxter?

Monty010

I think, and will fully retract if wrong, the op on rg is our Baxter?

looking at the avatar i was thinking the same..

James.

Not just that, I recall a thread posted here of the same scam by a prominent member here, the scammed was in Lebanon from memory. Quite sure its bax. There should be a thread on here somewhere for those that can't access rg

onzenuub
It does seem a little Wild West over there..

:rofl: me thinks wild west is here.

James.

OK corral up in here :lol:

baxter

Not just that, I recall a thread posted here of the same scam by a prominent member here, the scammed was in Lebanon from memory. Quite sure its bax. There should be a thread on here somewhere for those that can't access rg

Yes it was me semaj - i posted that thread everywhere including here ........ for some reason i decided to call myself something else ( Trussart66) over on the geek.

here's the original thread from here:

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=36905&hl=&fromsearch=1

baxter

If the original payment made was enough to buy the watch including shipping from Andrew, then he was over paying for a watch from M2M in my opinion. In some respects the buyer was the architect of his own problem because he didn't know the list price of the watch from a dealer. I would never pay list in m2m, even if it was a catch and release.

This is also symptomatic of the inflated prices in m2m at the geek - I never shop there for this reason.

It was expensive because it had a gen strap with it conx ( well, i say it had a gen strap - it actually had fuck all with it :D )

TheSav

I just read the original thread. I hope the bastard got what he deserved. It certainly reminds me to be vigilant.

Monty010

It's a shame that these people exist. I don't really believe in karma, but in some cases I kinda hope it does exist.

Glad a little good came out of this scam with the

Help of a good TD.

And let's hope others are spared the same scam thnx to your story:)

decus

Poor scunt had to rip someone off to get a rep watch- how sad is that.

trailboss99

Ah yes, I got caught up in sorting this one out, poor Andrew near had kittens :)

FYI it's been pulled on MR as well.

trksh-bzr

I remember that.....pleased andrew was not :)