Sign in to follow this  
Martinjogs

My collection - first watchbox full (pic heavy)

Martinjogs

RWG you have much to answer for...I found this forum late in January and have been hooked ever since. I've probably taken the typical noob path, so I will explain as I go along to assist others following on behind. First a photo. This is my big box of watches;

null_zpsd7e102c7.jpg

Photography is not my forte and using an ipad doesn't help, so bear with me. Anyway, I started with a love of Omegas, no love for Rolex and a definite dislike of big or flashy watches. That was my starting preference. The watch that really sold me on reps was this one, which I had to have PO 42mm V5;

null_zps9ac122d6.jpg

While browsing TD sites I was like a kid in a sweet shop, so I ordered other random watches, to try out the dealers, mostly around or just below £100 and, of course, in doing this I just had to try a Rolex no date sub just to see what the fuss was about;

null_zps2124638a.jpg

The quality of this watch blew me away! It felt solid, looked great and after a spa bath the bracelet was superb. So, in quick succession I received my goodies, which each of the TDs delivered, no problems to speak of;

null_zps19a7ca33.jpg

null_zps74653c6e.jpg

About this time I figured out that what looks great in a dealers photo might not suit my wrist, so I ordered two watches that I had my eye on. Still not top of the range movements but decent enough;

null_zpsc379fb99.jpg

null_zpsdde3cebf.jpg

The Nautilus really hit the spot but, of course, I now know that a better version will come calling and I will want to upgrade. Again our TDs come through splendidly for me but the waiting is getting boring, so this is when I discover the glory of M2M sales and start picking up bargains;

null_zpse38ca5fd.jpg

At about this point I am now in full on collecting mode, M2M in UK is thriving and it is soooo easy! Wait until something you like appears, PM ask the questions, offer the cash and within a day or two the watch turns up. RWG M2M sales are, in my experience better than Amazon. RWG people really care!

null_zps3e5fbecd.jpg

null_zps9f1440ec.jpg

null_zps688a34f5.jpg

By now I am learning stuff hand over fist, I have a small toolkit and can swap straps and bracelets for fun. I have also developed a fondness for Rollies that I never would have expected. I can't carry off the PAMs, B&Rs and Hublots, they are just too big and not for me. Next up I go for a modded Rolex sub, because it feels like the logical step to take;

null_zps749d7895.jpg

Apart from this box full I have amassed other equally nice watches including this vintage Omega, which is my absolute favourite;

null_zps32a1003b.jpg

null_zps30d8a1cf.jpg

So, here I am 4 months down the line, still a newbie but with a fully blown addiction! There are still many steps to still take. My advice to fellow newbies for what it is worth is simple...read everything, take advice when given it, be patient and most importantly... buy watches!!!

Thank you for reading

E.R.

Thanks mate!

Really enjoyed the little trip you've provide for us!

Enjoy wearing all of them. What will be your next purchase?

sardonix

That was some hunting and catching in a few months. Lovely diversity in models, do you pick one everyday or do you wear what is on the wrist longer time?

TheSav

thanks for sharing. some nice pieces in there. Especially the omega. I also like your choice of strap on the PO.

RussP

What a lovely story with pictures to match.

I've filled one box already and a second one is almost half-way there !!

Like you, I've developed an affinity for Pateks as well as Rolexes.

Russ.

Martinjogs
That was some hunting and catching in a few months. Lovely diversity in models, do you pick one everyday or do you wear what is on the wrist longer time?

I mostly wear what fits under a shirt sleeve to be honest, so the chunkier watches don't get much wrist time. I wear the Nautilus a lot and the never wear anything on a Nato for work, but other than that yes, I swap almost daily

Martinjogs
Thanks mate!

Really enjoyed the little trip you've provide for us!

Enjoy wearing all of them. What will be your next purchase?

Next up is the Nautilus SW200 version on a gen strap which was kindly sold to me by Magic

SSTEEL

Great collection, and insight into your decision making. :)

mikey1717

wow amazing collection!!!!!!

scorpion

Nice collection but you have a major problem - box is full so you need an immediate upgrade to a 18 piece box. :giggle:

Martinjogs
Nice collection but you have a major problem - box is full so you need an immediate upgrade to a 18 piece box. :giggle:

Way ahead of you on that front Scorp! I have an overflow box that has 10 slots...and the new self-imposed 1-in-1 out policy is also in force, let's see how that goes.

conx

Nice job, although I expect your accountant/bank manager is not so pleased :)

Keep it up, bankruptcy is not as bad as some say !

toptrooper

Really nice collection, love the black rolex.

themannier

Very nice collection, the sub no date for me please !

flyr

You really went for it didn't you! Nice start(heh..heh..heh...)

Del

Nice collection mate! :thumbsup2:

HeavyKrush

Great collection! Really need to get a B&R into the mix and at least one chrono.

albert12

Nice collection,

gmchris

Nice collection. Thanks for posting, gauging size from photos is difficult so its nice to see some i fancy next to one i have.

Why not wearing a Nato to work? i wa thinking it would be a good way to tone down a watch that may be considered too flash.

Visioneer

Nice collection over such a short time. I need to get cracking...

Netsfan327

Really nice collecetion! I recently discovered the joy of this site and TD list myself, and feel my watch box will be equally full in the coming months!

dave0280

Excellent collection mate and i'm loving the Patek in the bottom right - just looks so elegant and simple, most would never question that being a rep. You need a Cartier Santos chrono - its next on my list.....

Y30BAD

Well done sir! I'm a month in and I'm now 3 watches heavy. I'll have to pick my game up to match you!!!!

Miracle

Good work mate

Pat Bateman

Nice collection mate, especially like the Patek's