Sign in to follow this  
Bushy

Rep Navitimer on Ebay?

Bushy

Im pretty certain that the watch being advertised here as gen is not:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Breilting-Navitimer-Watch-/261208857092?pt=UK_Jewelery_Watches_Watches_MensWatches_GL&hash=item3cd142da04#ht_405wt_1255

I recently purchased a rep navitimer well aware of some of the more obvious tells by doing my reading (you'll be proud i found the search function fairly early on). The case back, non sunk subdials, space between the outer numbers and the bezel and the sizing of the numbers on the dial and the way the lugs sit relative to the bezel all make me think this is not a gen. The box and description sound a bit suspect to me too?

Heres an a comparision between gen and rep navimiers

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/68665-andrewws-guide-to-breitling-navitimers/

I don't tend to deal much with ebay so wouldn't know the correct procedure even if people could confirm this as a rep? It doesn't seem that the seller has a large amount of activity on ebay and can't see any previous watch sales recently so they may well be unaware themselves, however i would expect if a watch dealer had looked at it they would have known it to be a rep.

So what do you guys think?

Breitlingfan23

Yeah that is definitely a rep.

Bushy

Any ideas on the best way to deal with reporting it? Some poor sod is already in for around £1500 by the looks of it.

Gbkirsch

Looks fake to me. I'm no expert but I own a gen Navitimer and that one looks fake especially after reading the info you supplied. Good job.

Reported!

SSTEEL

Sunken date wheel is another tell.

conx

Any ideas on the best way to deal with reporting it? Some poor sod is already in for around £1500 by the looks of it.

On the listing there should be a "Report Item" link - follow that and fill in the form.

Gbkirsch

Did that this AM. Still there :(