Sign in to follow this  
AS90

Swapped the dial on my UPO

AS90

Dial swap went quite well, the studs broke off the back of the new dial as soon as the touched the movement but I rescued it with sticky tape. However, after refitting the crown and stem I can't set the time or wind it. Looks great but wish I had just left it now :(

35A06130-597F-4641-B0CB-CC7947CF8058-1371-0000014CC61D525E_zps0bf7c2f6.jpg

Odyseus

What movement does it have? Looks like the keyless works needs resetting?

AS90

Asian 2824-2, how do I reset it?

Visioneer

I'm interested in doing the same have the tools but a little afraid to screw it up. Hope all turns out well that could help me gather the stones to do it myself.

AS90
I'm interested in doing the same have the tools but a little afraid to screw it up. Hope all turns out well that could help me gather the stones to do it myself.

It's quite easy, refitting the hands was the hardest part. Not sure what I did with the keyless though.

Odyseus

How did you press the stem release plunger? You need to use a screwdriver that fits in the slot so that you can't push the plunger too far. You also need to pull the stem out to the time setting position, before releasing the stem.

As you have found refitting the hands is by far the hardest thing to do.. Resetting the keyless works is really easy!!

AS90

Must have pulled the stem straight out. Do the guides above show everything I need to do?

AS90

What have I started!?

E8333E60-C7AA-4AB4-9CCE-09F5814B6875-1371-000001627154A3A2_zps318fcc52.jpg

jerkstore

You also need to pull the stem out to the time setting position, before releasing the stem.

I always pull out the stem from the winding position. Never had a problem.

conx

What have I started!?

E8333E60-C7AA-4AB4-9CCE-09F5814B6875-1371-000001627154A3A2_zps318fcc52.jpg

I think I see the problem.....

It's broken! :)

Good luck mate !

AS90

Got it all back together as per the guide but still not working. The clutch return lever had popped out of the clutch groove, I guess some bits may have moved around again as I was re-assembling. Think I will have to send this one to be repaired :(

SSTEEL

Well at least you tried mate.

Odyseus

Check that you haven't bent the clutch lever, you could always buy some replacement parts from Ofrei (US) or Cousins (UK)

SSTEEL

How did you press the stem release plunger? You need to use a screwdriver that fits in the slot so that you can't push the plunger too far.

Good advice here ^^^ Carrying out this will prevent you messing up the keyless works as the overlap of the flat screwdriver prevents you from pushing the round release button too far down.

LightGeek

You also need to pull the stem out to the time setting position, before releasing the stem.

I always pull out the stem from the winding position. Never had a problem.

Unless it's a 7750 :)

Odyseus

How did you press the stem release plunger? You need to use a screwdriver that fits in the slot so that you can't push the plunger too far.

Good advice here ^^^ Carrying out this will prevent you messing up the keyless works as the overlap of the flat screwdriver prevents you from pushing the round release button too far down.

BTW, the correct screwdriver to use is the red 1.2mm bladed screwdriver

AS90

BTW, the correct screwdriver to use is the red 1.2mm bladed screwdriver

I used the yellow tiny one :(

paulc

I have some keyless bits from a 2836 clone that are going spare if you want them, unfortunately the winding pinion and clutch are knackered but the other bits are ok, I think the 2836 and 2824 are the same all but for the day wheel. just let me know. your watch looks fantastic by the way.

AS90
I have some keyless bits from a 2836 clone that are going spare if you want them, unfortunately the winding pinion and clutch are knackered but the other bits are ok, I think the 2836 and 2824 are the same all but for the day wheel. just let me know. your watch looks fantastic by the way.

Thanks buddy, I'll take it apart again tomorrow and have another go. Will give you a shout if I need them.

deju

Must say I like the orange contrasting numerals! Looking good, hope you get the problem fixed :)

paulc

Thanks buddy, I'll take it apart again tomorrow and have another go. Will give you a shout if I need them.

no worries they are surplus so just holla, check the tutorials it is not so hard to do but from what i have found on my own keyless is that the winding pinion and clutch were shot but a common mistake seems to be not pushing the yolk end under the keyless cover upon assembly,

goodluck with it.