Sign in to follow this  
dean4276

Quick question to UK buyers....

dean4276

I'm a first time buyer and my TD is Andrew @ TT. Whilst monitoring the transit of my watch, it is currently in the UK but awaiting customs clearance. Is this anything to worry about or do all watches sent via EMS go thru this process? Tracking table posted below.

Any idea how long this takes from this stage as it hasn't been updated for 36 hrs?

Date Time Location Tracking Event

12-05-2013 20:26 International Hub Awaiting Customs clearance

12-05-2013 20:25 International Hub Received in destination country

08-05-2013 22:06 Delivery Agent - GUANGZHOU - PTT Forwarded for export

08-05-2013 18:02 Delivery Agent - CHINA Collected from customer

08-05-2013 18:02 Delivery Agent - CHINA Collected from customer

Thanks

malkie

Tracking may not change again until your package hits the UK, plus its possible that the package may stay in Hong Kong for a day or so, you may get an update then.

Mattr845

Its nothing to worry about, it can take upto two weeks to clear uk customs

dean4276

Thanks Malkie,

when I view on the EMS website, the package is currently a a ParcelForce hub in Coventry. Only just noticed that the ParcelForce website doesn't give this info. I have posted the EMS website info below;

Timing Site Status

2013-05-08 18:02:00 City of Guangzhou Posting

2013-05-08 18:54:00 City of Guangzhou Despatch from Sorting Center

2013-05-08 20:13:00 GUANGZHOU Arrival at Sorting Center

2013-05-08 20:15:00 GUANGZHOU Arrival at Sorting Center

2013-05-08 20:49:00 GUANGZHOU Handed over to Customs

2013-05-08 22:02:00 GUANGZHOU Released from Customs

2013-05-08 22:06:00 GUANGZHOU Despatch from Sorting Center

2013-05-12 20:25:00 UNITED KINGDOM COVENTRY PARCELFORCE Arrival at Sorting Center

2013-05-12 20:26:00 UNITED KINGDOM COVENTRY PARCELFORCE Handed over to Customs

dean4276

Thanks Mattr845

That's fine then if that's the norm, just wasn't sure as this was my first transaction.

Cheers

Uddind

Well I have had any problems yet with ems and parcel force for watches however I did purchase a something else from china which was held and investigated for 2 weeks so I didn't receive the item for a month.... Best courier to use in uk is dhl it will come within 3-4 days so much better than crappy ems parcelforce

Dazz140

Iv got 2 on the way with ems and they've been 'awaiting customs clearance' in Coventry since the 9th (last thurs) so nearly a week now! Status hasn't changed. Parcelforce does give this info, put your tracking number in on their site and click track, then the next page make sure you click 'details' then it will show you more info. I'm not worried they will come eventually. It is frustrating though as you pay more for ems.

Hope this makes you feel better that mine have been there longer anyway!

wingnut121

You really shouldn't track your parcel......... Just forget about it and surprise surprise it will turn up in couple of days...... You will be far more relaxed

Hazz

do not worry, I say ,,,do not worry.

narikaa

You really shouldn't track your parcel......... Just forget about it and surprise surprise it will turn up in couple of days...... You will be far more relaxed

What nonsense

Everyone knows that like the old Nintendo 'Track n Field' games the more often and faster you tap the keyboard the faster it goes

dean4276

Mine has turned up today. Just need to get home from work now. Fingers crossed, all is good! It took 3/4 days to move on from the 'Awaiting Customs Clearance' state at Coventry (yesterday at 1300) and was delivered at 0700 this morning

Dazz140

Whaaaaaat? How come mines still not moved? Just tracked again and still the same. I hope it's not got lost. Everything iv ordered in the past has only ever been in customs for 1-2 days, guess I've been lucky!

Odyseus

The worst part is definitely U.K. customs, I had a shipment stuck for nearly 2 weeks once:(

Uddind

Use DHL toro delivery takes 3 days from china to my doorstep in London !

Dazz140

Yeah, this is my last time with ems I think!

wingnut121

What nonsense

Everyone knows that like the old Nintendo 'Track n Field' games the more often and faster you tap the keyboard the faster it goes

Just like watching the kettle boil............ Or paint drying

onionbag

Go airmail..................for the truly satisfying, masochistic, tracking experience.....................oooooooer that's better..............aaaah!

R1evans

I've got a 42mm ceramic po at Coventry customs today,so let the wait begin.

Dazz140

My airmail record is 8 weeks! Didnt even bother tracking that one! Only 6 weeks to go and this ems one may yet beat it ;-)

I've got a 42mm ceramic po at Coventry customs today,so let the wait begin.
bet it comes before mine, ha!

dean4276

Home, bracelet resized, on wrist. Happy days. Cheers for your advice chaps. Those who are still waiting good luck, I'm sure they will turn up soon. Glad I don't have to check the parcelforce website every couple of mins refreshing the page now.......well until I order my next rep anyway!

Dazz140

Now all that's left for you to do is to post a wristshot!

dean4276

Damn iPad won't let me post a pic, am I being a retard or am I missing a trick here?

wingnut121
Damn iPad won't let me post a pic, am I being a retard or am I missing a trick here?

Download photobucket from AppStore create an account, take photo and copy the IMG code

Dazz140

I find best doing it through photobucket if you're just using the site (get the link from PB then post the link!), or if your using taptalk app (if you haven't already discovered it its magic!) you can post straight from the app!