Sign in to follow this  
machiavegli

SUPER Sweet vid from 1949: "How a Mechanical Watch Works"

machiavegli

Hi guys,

I've been looking hard for videos for the watch lover who aspires to learn a few basics about mechanical watch functioning and quick fixes. Most are too complicated, like this blog (just reading the lathe operation section is 40+ minutes)

http://watchmaking.w...wells-90cw.html

5092307_orig_zps1598cfb9.jpg

and others are too basic or done by persons who look just about as frustrated (count number of "damn"s in this one)

and I finally found this cool, down to earth, and really understandable video done in the 1940's by Hamilton Watch Co. It's damn easy to understand (love the hose-powered clock) and has some sweet 1949 Packard and outfits to boot. Check it out.

:band:

*********** THE AWESOME ORIGINAL HAMILTON 1949 "HOW A WATCH WORKS" VIDEO ***********

Hope you enjoyed it! If any of you have a video this good at explaining mechanical watch mechanics or repair "basics"... pls post it here!

Cheers,

Mach

PeterPotamus

Superb video, thanks for sharing

gmchris

At last.

Now i get it!

Thanks!

Dr_Rolex

I was actually looking at a similar video on this subject just yesterday :

Edited by BUymeaROLEX

JW8

This is brilliant, Thanks for sharing.

cragster

Hi guys,

I've been looking hard for videos for the watch lover who aspires to learn a few basics about mechanical watch functioning and quick fixes. Most are too complicated, like this blog (just reading the lathe operation section is 40+ minutes)

http://watchmaking.w...wells-90cw.html

5092307_orig_zps1598cfb9.jpg

and others are too basic or done by persons who look just about as frustrated (count number of "damn"s in this one)

and I finally found this cool, down to earth, and really understandable video done in the 1940's by Hamilton Watch Co. It's damn easy to understand (love the hose-powered clock) and has some sweet 1949 Packard and outfits to boot. Check it out.

*********** THE AWESOME ORIGINAL HAMILTON 1949 "HOW A WATCH WORKS" VIDEO ***********

Hope you enjoyed it! If any of you have a video this good at explaining mechanical watch mechanics or repair "basics"... pls post it here!

Cheers,

Mach

put some rodico on to secure rotor!!!!and lil tip for putting hands on,use inside of a bic pic,,,not the ink end !!!

Edited by cragster

Doubled

Was it just me or did anyone else think he sounded like the snake from Walt Disney's jungle book !!! I was also waiting for the second hand to stick on that last revolution and see him smash the fuck out of it with a hammer . Good job though far -far to much profanity for my liking though .