Sign in to follow this  
trevsdad

Bond 50th...Swiss or Asian

trevsdad

This week I noticed that Josh (PC) added an Asian 2892 1:1 to the Swiss ETA 2824 1:1 that I hope to pull the trigger on soon.

http://www.p-cls.com...62_410_660.html

Both are priced the same. I'm not a calibre expert but I would think the Asian would cost less??? Is it just the higher beat? What am I missing?

TheSav

Isn't the 2892 a 21j movement ? I'm guessing he may have made a mistake with the price on the listing. I'd be more inclined to go for the 2824 version.

ad6904
Isn't the 2892 a 21j movement ? I'm guessing he may have made a mistake with the price on the listing. I'd be more inclined to go for the 2824 version.

2892 is definitely not a 21j movement and also beats at 8bps

trevsdad

My understanding is that both beat at 8bps. I agree...looks like a pricing error. I'll shoot josh an email to find out.

2892 is definitely not a 21j movement and also beats at 8bps

trevsdad

ok...so I wrote Josh to see if there's an error, he responded;

"Hi

No error.. 2892 movt is very expensive.. even its asian."

still not getting it...why would I want one over the other when they're both priced the same?

ShovelnTC

ok...so I wrote Josh to see if there's an error, he responded;

"Hi

No error.. 2892 movt is very expensive.. even its asian."

still not getting it...why would I want one over the other when they're both priced the same?

From what I have been reading I am concerned with Swiss ETA watches under $400 that they will be used/re-furbed which I doubt would be the case with asian clones, but I'm still new to this so what would I know.